USMB Fantasy Football

ba1614

Silver Member
May 9, 2009
Deep in the Northern Woods
I'm just looking if there's enough interest to put together a freebie USMB Fantasy Football league on Yahoo, ESPN, or wherever.

I could set it up, or someone else, I don't care.

So, anyone interested?

I do several leagues a year using Yahoo myself.

My interest depends on the scoring rules, a lot of leagues are scoring or running back heavy and it kills the interest if you don't get a top back, what kind of scoring do you like?

No need to believe in fantasy football unless you aren't a Washington Redskin fan. The Skins play football. Everybody else just has fantasies about football...:lol:

I have flame-proof undies on so I don't really care what you say in rebutal.:lol:

My interest depends on the scoring rules, a lot of leagues are scoring or running back heavy and it kills the interest if you don't get a top back, what kind of scoring do you like?

I like to add a point per reception to help balance out most receivers with most backs. This also moves a few backs who are down the list a little, move up because they get more receptions. Also can help te's as they(most cases) get quite a few receptions, but not many yds out of it.

I like the pretty much standard scoring with ppr added.

6pts for all td's
1 ppr
1pt for 10yds rush/rec
1pt for 25yds passing
-2 for an int or fumble lost.

Bonuses and stuff I don't usually use, but am open to it if the league chooses to.

Like I said above, I'm open to whatever, just thought it could be enjoyable to have a USMB league.

I like to add a point per reception to help balance out most receivers with most backs. This also moves a few backs who are down the list a little, move up because they get more receptions. Also can help te's as they(most cases) get quite a few receptions, but not many yds out of it.

I like the pretty much standard scoring with ppr added.

6pts for all td's
1 ppr
1pt for 10yds rush/rec
1pt for 25yds passing
-2 for an int or fumble lost.

Bonuses and stuff I don't usually use, but am open to it if the league chooses to.

Like I said above, I'm open to whatever, just thought it could be enjoyable to have a USMB league.

I like a little more QB scoring since you play 1 QB abd 2 RBs & 2 WRs.

How about a +1 per reception, and a -1 per incompletion?

oooooooooooo can i be an fantasy cheerleader? cause its fucking stupid....fantasy bullshit...download a damn game and play with it.....

with that said...if you do it..i want to come by and mock and verbally abuse everyone....

No need to believe in fantasy football unless you aren't a Washington Redskin fan. The Skins play football. Everybody else just has fantasies about football...:lol:

I have flame-proof undies on so I don't really care what you say in rebutal.:lol:

Who?

I'm not into fantasy football but I love being part of my NFL elimination pool.

o m g....ez....et tu brute? lol

so what are yall gonna call your teams...this should be good...i wont play...but i will roll by on occasion and mention how stupid the whole thing is...fantasy football....what next?

i still wanna be a fantasy cheerleader.....

*bump* to see if there's any more interest, we have to get at least 8 teams, 12 is preferable.

"I like a little more QB scoring since you play 1 QB abd 2 RBs & 2 WRs.

How about a +1 per reception, and a -1 per incompletion? "

I find that qb's already score more than most other players with the above proposed scoring, so normally don't use completion scoring. Keep in mind that teams divide the running between 2 or 3 guys, where they only use 1qb for the whole game.
1pt would be to much imo(12-20pts per game with only this stat), but I could meet ya half way and do .5 for a completion, -.5 for incomplete pass.

Just my thoughts is all, I can and will play with any scoring y'all want. My only request is that once the draft begins there's no more scoring changes.

Cheers

There's lots of sites out there that have it for free, yahoo, espn, fleaflicker, and a few others. There's also a number of pay sites that offer more features. They all have live draft options, or you can rank your players and let the computer run the draft,(I hate this option).

It takes a little effort to set it up and tweak it to achieve the scoring and rules you want. Once it's setup though that's about it, the sites do everything else. It's all on the team owners then to set their lineups, and better their team via trades and the waiver wire.

It may seem silly to ya bones, but you would not likely believe how big a business Fantasy Sports in general has become. There's leagues out there that have a $5000(maybe more) entry fee! I only play in 1 money league and it's $250 entry fee and we have a blast with it. 10 of the 12 teams are guys I went to high school with 25yrs ago, and we are spread out all over the place. I also play in a few freebie leagues just for shits and giggles, and they are also a lot of fun, especially if you get a group that likes to talk shit, and can take it.

If you are a football fan you should try it. Most football fans I know who have tried it are addicted after doing so. It makes you watch the game, and all the players, a lot closer.:eusa_drool:

Has to be a draft, I hate letting the PC do it.

But it sucks if half the people don't show for a live draft, and yahoo picks the best players for them too.
I have watched many a live draft do just that, and it isn't fair to the ones that took the time to show for a live.

*bump* to see if there's any more interest, we have to get at least 8 teams, 12 is preferable.

"I like a little more QB scoring since you play 1 QB abd 2 RBs & 2 WRs.

How about a +1 per reception, and a -1 per incompletion? "

I find that qb's already score more than most other players with the above proposed scoring, so normally don't use completion scoring. Keep in mind that teams divide the running between 2 or 3 guys, where they only use 1qb for the whole game.
1pt would be to much imo(12-20pts per game with only this stat), but I could meet ya half way and do .5 for a completion, -.5 for incomplete pass.

Just my thoughts is all, I can and will play with any scoring y'all want. My only request is that once the draft begins there's no more scoring changes.

Cheers
I have been using that scoring for QBs for almost 8 years, some people complain about it, so i'm good with .5 for each.

How about Using Yahoo, since that is relivly simple to handle.

But it sucks if half the people don't show for a live draft, and yahoo picks the best players for them too.
I have watched many a live draft do just that, and it isn't fair to the ones that took the time to show for a live.

It is very difficult to get everyone at the draft, that's why I would like to get it set up soon so we have our choice of draft times around the end of Aug-first of Sept.

I disagree with it not being fair. If something comes up and I have to miss the draft, why should I be penalized for not being there? The reason they are getting good players is likely because they have gone in and ranked them beforehand. I always rank them just in case I miss the draft for one reason or another.
JMO

I have been using that scoring for QBs for almost 8 years, some people complain about it, so i'm good with .5 for each.

How about Using Yahoo, since that is relivly simple to handle.

Yahoo works for me, anytime the end of aug-first week Sept that works best to draft for ya? Weekend of Sept 4-6 is out for me I have a ball tournament for my one kid.
It would be nice to get a few more commitments before setting a draft time, but if we wait too long the selection will get limited. Should be good for a couple weeks yet.

It is very difficult to get everyone at the draft, that's why I would like to get it set up soon so we have our choice of draft times around the end of Aug-first of Sept.

I disagree with it not being fair. If something comes up and I have to miss the draft, why should I be penalized for not being there? The reason they are getting good players is likely because they have gone in and ranked them beforehand. I always rank them just in case I miss the draft for one reason or another.
JMO

If that were the case, I would agree. But most I have been involved with, and most of the leagues I have been the commish on over the years, many did not rank players..and Yahoo gave them all players they got.

I agree Yahoo is the best of all that offer FF.

Forum List

Back