USMB Coffee Shop IV

i think this has been posted in the coffee shop before but it's making the rounds again and i still find it frustratingly deceptive:

10153712_10151995344811314_819160146_n.jpg

15?
you got it ... :thup:

Cilantro is healthy!!!

We have a variety of stink beetle around here that smells like cilantro when you crush them. Friend of mine claims they taste like cilantro, too. I think I'll take his word for that.

EEWWWW!!! There is a list of things that I will never under any circumstances stick in my mouth, and stink beetles are going on that list.
Some insects are actually nutritional. There are places where you can get edible insects like chocolate covered ants. They also have beetles...:D

Anyone up for a swim?

Howzabout some diving.......

article-2328249-19E81542000005DC-93_634x485.jpg

What in the world is that? ^^^^^ I tried to make it out...looks like a building going down during an earthquake....but it also looks like a picture taken from a helicopter of the top of a building....parking lot next to it....:eek:

It's a picture from a helmet cam on a base jumper. From what I gathered from the tickler is the jump didn't go well..........
Yup, the jump occurred over Lake Garda in Italy. Matthew Gough was extremely lucky to escape with only minor cuts and bruises when he jumped off a 1000 foot cliff and his parachute failed to open. Some rocks on the side of the cliff broke his fall as he crashed into them on his way down before he hit the sand.

I have the online alarm clock set for 8am...when I have to take my furbaby to the vet for her cyst removal surgery and since she will be out cold..a teeth cleaning. I know it is a simple procedure to remove the cyst from her shoulder and a small one on her hind leg, but it is still enough to freak me out.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
Wellness for BBD and GW,
007's Mom,
Sheila test results,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

So, I just checked the traffic jam report for the two major highways that lead to this LegolandCentre, and there are 3 major construction sites on one and 4 on the other. Today is the last day of school vacation for North Rhein-Westfalia, which means that the highways are going to be rammed full of last minuters trying to get home.

There is also a special report called Stau-Schau, that estimates how many minutes of traffic jam per construction site or any kind of blockage on the highway and what should be a 1 hour trip is now calculated at 2 hours and 30 minutes from my front door to the parking lot for Legoland. So, no LegolandCentre today, nope.

It looks like the weather is turning fantastic today, so we will likely do a bike tour and maybe Jackolino (the indoor/outdoor playground she was already at once....). At any rate, this is our last full day together and already my heart is very, very heavy. But I don't show it to her.

Forum List

Back