USMB Coffee Shop IV

To be honest, a great sweet-potato pie with whipped cream and real bourbon vanilla ice cream is my absolute favorite!

I HATE Lemon Meringue Pie. It's yucky.

You must be related to my husband....he hates it too, why I hardly ever have it because what's the use of making or buying one if I'm the only one that will eat it. Bah humbug.
All the more reason to have it. It means more pie for you ...
655fc6faf7d24776188ee194cf2aa1e7.gif

Yesterday evening it was 80s and the air was still, had the A/C on then around 9ish a front moved through and dropped the temps into the low 60s. Opened the house up and kicked on the fans. This morning I wake up at 0500 (went to bed at midnight), clogged, having to piss like a race horse and the house was chilly. Couldn't go back to sleep as all I would do was lay there a cough as my sinuses tried to drain...... :mad:
Gotta drive up to the Springs today to run some errands. I'm ordering my caffeine IV now.

Ditto. It's a texture issue.

My wife's that way with peas and beans. I just like fruit pies and nut pies.

When I was a kid and forced to eat peas, I'd have to swallow them whole...if that stuff exploded in my mouth, I'd gag.:eek:
Peas are ok with me, what I never liked were broccoli and cauliflower. I guess the smell turned me off. Never ate them as a kid, and don't eat them now...:eusa_hand:

wholesale-bag-cup.jpg

In 2007 my spouse and I separated for a year. I took a second job at Dunn Brothers coffee as a barista. I learned about roasting beans and how to make and store the best beans and how to grind it best and how to brew it best. I love coffee. And I am willing to spend a lot on good beans. I get tired of people telling me Starbucks is great. They ship their beans in foil packages and they sit in warehouses for weeks. It is stale. You are not supposed to put it in foil packages. Put it in paper packages that can breathe, DO NOT FREEZE BEANS, and use them within a couple weeks.

Fresh beans are best. If you get freshly roasted beans and use good clean spring water, with no flouride in it, you get the best taste.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
My wife's that way with peas and beans. I just like fruit pies and nut pies.

When I was a kid and forced to eat peas, I'd have to swallow them whole...if that stuff exploded in my mouth, I'd gag.:eek:
Peas are ok with me, what I never liked were broccoli and cauliflower. I guess the smell turned me off. Never ate them as a kid, and don't eat them now...:eusa_hand:

I like all those foods. One of many ways I like them, is creamed. :thup: Turnips and rutabaga, too.

( here we go again )

Forum List

Back