USMB Coffee Shop IV

Oh that. Well I don't pretend to know how all that works. It isn't that big a deal to renovate and restart the Coffee Shop, though I really REALLY regret losing all those great photos of us Coffee Shoppers and the very personal photos folks have shared over the years. Had I known that was going to happen I would have spent some time copying them. :( But we can't stand in the way of progress.

Hey, the new shop is nice. A Cappucino bar would be nice. Now I need to post all those celebs drinking coffee all over again... and no one will be any the wiser. :D

:lol:

I think we might remember most, but yeah, some are worth posting again. And the bar serves the world's greatest cappuccinos as well as lattes and mochas, Irish coffees, and all the greatest blends. :)

Holy cow it is 3:30 already, I'm getting a house guest in a little over an hour, and this place looks like a small tornado went through it. So I'm off and running for a few.....ya'll hold the fort and coax the herd back into the fold here. . . .

I wonder why the number of posts allowed have dropped so dramatically? How did we get 80,000 + posts in the first one, but can only get to 2,800 posts before it gets shut down now? That's a pretty significant difference.
Nice pic of Andrei Arlovski for your avi...haven't seen him fight in ages.

I'll try to explain this as simple as possible in laymens terms.

Back in the day when the old CS was up USMB didn't have many threads that grew to huge proportions. The CS could bloat to 20K + posts without a hiccup because it was pretty much the largest thread around and the database could handle all the calls (hey somebody wants to view the CS, hey send out this new post to all the subscribers etc). As time went on and USMB began to accumulate other large threads they began to take up resources (naturally).

So when a member was accessing the CS (already huge) it would slow down the site because all those other threads are taking up resources and now somebody wants to view/post in the CS. We'd get complaints of slowdowns and we could look at the database and see that the CS was the culprit.

Just recently we got complaints of slowdowns and saw that the CS and Tavern were the culprit, but there is a twist. Since these threads are active they are going to raise a red flag when we look at the database. You can see all the queries and the majority led back to the CS and the Tavern (which has also grown since then) The twist is that whats happening now is that we have several threads that are just as big if not bigger that have finally grown so large that they are taking up resources just sitting there. So when people wanted to access the CS or Tavern it impacted the ENTIRE site.

In short we've had to wipe out quite a few threads to get things back on track. Will the CS ever hit the xx,xxx post count again? I don't know. This site is busy and members are very active so we'll have to keep and eye out on everything

Essentially USMB used to be like a little snowball rolling downhill. Well now that little snowball has grown into a humongous snowball(threads and posts) crushing everything in its path. We shaved off a lot of the excess snow so things should be ok for a while.

Hopefully thats makes some sense. USMB is an aging beauty and she will get sick sometimes. She see's the best doctors so don't worry about nuthin'

Thanks for your time

There should be one place in the USMB village where folks can just be themselves and get to know each other as we would if we lived next door or worked together or joined the same gym.

This is a place to just come in and say hi, let us know what's going on with you these days, celebrate joys, concerns, jokes, music, hobbies, interests, love and life.

So check your spurs, sidearms, politics, and religious fussing at the door, come in to enjoy an adult beverage or a hot cup of coffee and a piece of pie or whatever comforts your soul, and let's just enjoy each other.

04dKB.jpg

OOooooohh... I LIKE this new Coffee Shop... CLASSY...
MSN-Emoticon-applause-004.gif
Absolutely. It looks like the type of Coffee Shop that may also house a cigar lounge.
2650_1308_general.jpg

There should be one place in the USMB village where folks can just be themselves and get to know each other as we would if we lived next door or worked together or joined the same gym.

This is a place to just come in and say hi, let us know what's going on with you these days, celebrate joys, concerns, jokes, music, hobbies, interests, love and life.

So check your spurs, sidearms, politics, and religious fussing at the door, come in to enjoy an adult beverage or a hot cup of coffee and a piece of pie or whatever comforts your soul, and let's just enjoy each other.

04dKB.jpg

Absolutely. It looks like the type of Coffee Shop that may also house a cigar lounge.
2650_1308_general.jpg

Hear, hear!!!

Wow. Nice new place. Soon there will be as many Coffee Shops as there are Rocky movies! I like it. The new water supply makes great coffee. Oh, who can validate my parking? Also, where's the dog bowl in case Taco gets thirsty?

Going to be pretty busy until sometime on Sunday. Will be out and about with poppies for our American Legion Post on Friday and Saturday. Been busy all day tying up all the loose ends. The weather here for the next couple of days does not look good. Hope it doesn't have a bad effect on the activities. Just in case I have my rain slicker all ready to go. I love putting that thing on. I look like a fisherman from Maine when I wear it!

and here I thought you all were trying to lose me

Nope, [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] is to blame! :eek: He changed all the road signs and put in one way streets and detours and no parking yellow lines. He occasionally gets bored and with all that time on his hands he tries to think up new ways to shake up the old place and get the attention of the old timers. :badgrin:

Last edited:
Are cats allowed in the new Coffee Shop? It would be a shame to get cat hair all over the place. Just saying...

Just got back from meeting with and speaking to the Boy Scouts, I addressed them on the importance of making sure every veterans grave has a flag for Memorial Day. We are giving them the opportunity to help lay out the flags in 2 cemeteries.

Just got back from meeting with and speaking to the Boy Scouts, I addressed them on the importance of making sure every veterans grave has a flag for Memorial Day. We are giving them the opportunity to help lay out the flags in 2 cemeteries.

That's a great job for them.

Hey, the new shop is nice. A Cappucino bar would be nice. Now I need to post all those celebs drinking coffee all over again... and no one will be any the wiser. :D

:lol:

I think we might remember most, but yeah, some are worth posting again. And the bar serves the world's greatest cappuccinos as well as lattes and mochas, Irish coffees, and all the greatest blends. :)

Don't forget that we serve the best coffee Cubano this side of Habana.

and here I thought you all were trying to lose me

Nope, [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] is to blame! :eek: He changed all the road signs and put in one way streets and detours and no parking yellow lines. He gets occasionally gets bored and with all that time on his hands he tries to think up new ways to shake up the old place and get the attention of the old timers. :badgrin:

yeah buts that's beside the point [MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION]!!!!

04dKB.jpg

2650_1308_general.jpg

We do and seeing we exist in cyberspace, we can legally stock the finest cigars in the world.

habanos-cohiba-esplendido-1145-MLC4456294879_062013-F-1024x768.jpg

Forum List

Back