USMB Coffee Shop IV

1674540201237.png

Everybody gets a Bloomin' Onion as an appetizer. It's addictive!
The bloomin' onions are optional here in Albuquerque at Outback, but yes, they are addictive. And so fat laden, salty, and high calorie they probably take a month off your life when you eat one. :)

Outback does do a really decent steak though.

Beautiful and I am so jealous. I love cats. We raised them for many years. I don't have one now and am reluctant to get one because we have so many visiting dogs that have never been around cats.
I hate cats as a rule; except the ones the kids adopted or were given to them when they were little. They're excepted.

Greg

If I start talking about boats this one is my fav.

Made in the USA around 1943. It's one of my retirement projects; a lot to do on her even after all we've done.

33523561_10155487437885866_9188562022705397760_n.jpg

Greg
I'm one of those weird people who dislikes smaller motor boats but I have always been drawn to sail boats. Yours is quite a bit larger than those I have personally experienced but what a great avocation pastime. Best of luck with it.

I'm one of those weird people who dislikes smaller motor boats but I have always been drawn to sail boats. Yours is quite a bit larger than those I have personally experienced but what a great avocation pastime. Best of luck with it.
I'm just like my Dad and uncle. I love long slow canal- and river-type boats, but also motor-sailers that you can live on. My ultimate dream would be to own a boat like David Gilmour of Pink Floyd's. A floating music studio. Fuck...YEAH. 🙄
Astoria-Studio-David-Gilmour-1.jpg
david-gilmour-of-pink-floyds-boat-studio-the-astoria-v0-lmigj595p3s91.jpg

Last edited:
The puppies were naughty today. 'Nuff said. Mr. Knothead outdid himself for mischief, and the other 5 jumped him while I was in the house. Mr. Knotty spent the rest of the day on my postage stamp quilt folded into a bed-sized comfort because he wound up with an injured leg, and after I bathed him after his mud-roll, and 3 towels later, placed him on the quilt, reassuring naughty Knotty he was still loved by me, and his mother, Ms. Songie, gave him some old-timey dog medicine, by licking all his wounds inflicted by the other puppies. Princess watched their mother, then she began cleaning him up just like Songie. Songie is now in my tv chair, Mr. Knotty is resting after all that female attention to licking his wounds, and Princess is tuckered out after her quarter of an hour invested in practicing nursing internship. They're all snoring now, so I'm going to tiptoe upstairs since it's almost midnight here.

They're four months old, and Knotty is well-fed and too heavy to carry, so he limped into the Music room to be nursed and fed half and half milk/cream. At least the day had a peaceful ending. The other 4 puppies, Beautiful, Magellan, Ringo, and Spotty are now taking the Sun Room after the men in my family completed putting a one-acre Hurricane Fence up in the back yard to keep puppies away from the new neighbor's pistol-protected cow herd of six. Good fences make good neighbors. The dogs now have a great view of the backyard lake that takes up 2.5 acres or more. We've had so much rain this past few weeks, it's bigger than usual. I saw the pretties birds that landed on top of the Goodwill store yesterday. At first I thought they were grackles, but after they had illuminating colors of red, yellow and grey as they looked around. The flock of them they flew back to had a hundred birds in it at least, and I saw the dazzling reds yellows and silver grey streaking away in the sunset. I don't know what kind of birds they were although I thought at first they were grackles glistening in the sun, appearing grey at first, and then the alternative shimmering of red-yellow-and grey, but as they flew away, they seemed all grey. Have a good night. Love, beautress.

Good night, afternoon, morning wherever you are darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here.

And we pray or send positive thoughts or keep vigil for special concerns:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Big Black Dog for the very best treatment and outcome for the rest of his days.
Gracie for solutions and peace.
Ringel for continued wellness.
Hombre & Foxfyre's son for continued wellness & their nephew dealing with ALS.
Beautress's friend Ken for healing and wellness.
Dale Smith for quality of life.
Boedicca's nephew for healing/adversity; baby Alex for strength and healing.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

St. Nicholas of Myra, patron saint of children.
3adcc84cee8c926fcfb705f22b19eb05.jpg

Last edited:
The puppies were naughty today. 'Nuff said. Mr. Knothead outdid himself for mischief, and the other 5 jumped him while I was in the house. Mr. Knotty spent the rest of the day on my postage stamp quilt folded into a bed-sized comfort because he wound up with an injured leg, and after I bathed him after his mud-roll, and 3 towels later, placed him on the quilt, reassuring naughty Knotty he was still loved by me, and his mother, Ms. Songie, gave him some old-timey dog medicine, by licking all his wounds inflicted by the other puppies. Princess watched their mother, then she began cleaning him up just like Songie. Songie is now in my tv chair, Mr. Knotty is resting after all that female attention to licking his wounds, and Princess is tuckered out after her quarter of an hour invested in practicing nursing internship. They're all snoring now, so I'm going to tiptoe upstairs since it's almost midnight here.

They're four months old, and Knotty is well-fed and too heavy to carry, so he limped into the Music room to be nursed and fed half and half milk/cream. At least the day had a peaceful ending. The other 4 puppies, Beautiful, Magellan, Ringo, and Spotty are now taking the Sun Room after the men in my family completed putting a one-acre Hurricane Fence up in the back yard to keep puppies away from the new neighbor's pistol-protected cow herd of six. Good fences make good neighbors. The dogs now have a great view of the backyard lake that takes up 2.5 acres or more. We've had so much rain this past few weeks, it's bigger than usual. I saw the pretties birds that landed on top of the Goodwill store yesterday. At first I thought they were grackles, but after they had illuminating colors of red, yellow and grey as they looked around. The flock of them they flew back to had a hundred birds in it at least, and I saw the dazzling reds yellows and silver grey streaking away in the sunset. I don't know what kind of birds they were although I thought at first they were grackles glistening in the sun, appearing grey at first, and then the alternative shimmering of red-yellow-and grey, but as they flew away, they seemed all grey. Have a good night. Love, beautress.
4 months old already? Wow. So you're planning to keep them all after all? That's a lot of mouths to feed.

4 months old already? Wow. So you're planning to keep them all after all? That's a lot of mouths to feed.
Oops, They're only 3.5 months old. It's okay. 8 Dogs are way cheaper to feed and take to the vet's than two human teenagers whose teachers taught them they are in dysfunctional families, and puppy dogs are a lot more fun to be around because they never lie to you and if they don't get what they want right now, they don't hold it against you for 40 years because they like chow time and don't tell you they're going to throw up if you feed them pot roast and apple pie one more time. :muahaha:

New Topics

Forum List

Back