USMB Coffee Shop IV

News on my daughter. Prognosis looks good. Last scan showed no sign of cancer.

But you never know, do you? Always looking over your shoulder.

We are both rendezvousing on a Greek island next month. Instead of of a joyful anticipation, a cautious optimism, tinged with dread. They keep changing the Covid rules, I might get stranded on a boat trip to Turkey.

:cool:

My oldest daughter had the a duck that kept the family in stitches. Dilbert.

Dilbert was a white "runner". Like the runner duck in the movie "Babe", Dilbert suffered from an "excess of personality". I called him the Eddie Haskell of ducks. Whenever the chickens got into trouble, Dilbert was leading them. I caught him once encouraging the whole bunch of them to go into the neighbour's garden for snacks, and when he saw me, he started flapping his wings to drive them all back into our yard.

My daughter posted his picture on a "Poultry Shaming" website with a sign around his neck that said "I schtupp the chickens", and he did, relentlessly. But whenever caught, like Eddie Haskell, he pretended that none of it was his idea, and he warned the chicken but they did it anyway. He was a bad, bad duck. When he died, the whole family went into mourning.

That's why they say if you have a duck you should have two. Apparently they need partners (in crime).

That's why they say if you have a duck you should have two. Apparently they need partners (in crime).

She had two ducks. The other was a female Muscovie. She was a really nice duck, well mannered, never getting into trouble. Whenever chickens escaped the yard, Dilbert was leading them. I think it's the runners. They're pure evil.

News on my daughter. Prognosis looks good. Last scan showed no sign of cancer.

But you never know, do you? Always looking over your shoulder.

We are both rendezvousing on a Greek island next month. Instead of of a joyful anticipation, a cautious optimism, tinged with dread. They keep changing the Covid rules, I might get stranded on a boat trip to Turkey.

:cool:
You lead a much more interesting life than I do. I envy you being able to go to all those places. But what wonderful news about your daughter. Let's keep her on the vigil list for awhile longer.

Cats do it for me.
I bond with dogs in amazing ways and my relationship with great horses is almost a spiritual experience. But I am also a cat lover. A friend sent me this photo of her cat this week and I absolutely melted.

1632030664000.png

Good night, afternoon, morning wherever you are darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Gracie & Dennis for the best possible housing solution.
Beautress for continued recovery & wholeness.
Dragonlady for the best possible outcome for her knee.
Ringel - for continued healing and wellness.
Beautress's friend for comfort/healing.
Ollie & his brother for continued improvement.
Hombre's sister and her daughter both with COVID. Sister is home and improving. Daughter still in ICU.
Big Black Dog for a good diagnosis and plan to get well.
Mindful's daughter for continued wellness.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

Tonight's full moon is the harvest moon and harbinger of autumn just three days away.
1632031259974.png

Last edited:
Sad news to report. My best friend has died of COVID. He had received both doses of the COVID shot but apparently the shots didn’t prevent him from catching the virus. My heart is broken. He was a heck of a nice guy and will be greatly missed.
Sorry for the loss of your friend. I died and had to be revived in the emergency room according to the staff. The vaccine was not available then months later I got the JJ vaccine. So far I am doing okay. I pray you will be okay and heal from your loss.

Yes and Trump and his entire family also got the vaccine.

Nearly everyone I know has gotten the vaccine - we're 80% vaccinated here. I haven't heard a single first hand story or account from anyone I know in real life, or on any of the multiple social media sites I belong to who had an really adverse reaction to the vaccine. Not one.

I have a 5 grandchildren under the age of 12, one of whom I haven't even met yet, none of whom can be vaccinated. I don't want to spread the crud to any of these precious little ones - asthma and allergies run in the family giving them all the potential for underlying conditions, and I fear these little school age darlings because every time I spend time with them during the school year, I get a cold or the flu. So I feel much safer being around them now that they're returning to school.

I cannot express to you the feeling of relief I have knowing that I'm vaccinated, not just because I'm high risk, but at my age, all of my friends have some sort of underlying condition, too. Knowing that if I do get the crud now, I'm unlikely to need to be hospitalized or die. Making plans to go to a Blue Jays game. That's MY definition of "freedom".
Well, since this isn't a "political" topic, I'll continue, as pleasantly as I can... I don't know why you don't know what everyone else knows, because the information about how many people have either had an adverse reaction or suffered injury or DIED from the messenger RNA shots ABOUNDS on the internet, much of what comes straight from the CDC's own VEARS reporting on their website. Also, those who have gotten the shot are 27 times more likely to catch COVID than someone with natural immunity, see Israel, they're learning the hard way, and the vaccinated that do catch covid are suffering far worse symptoms than had they not got the shot. A simple search of the facts is all one needs to do, but be aware that google and microsoft search engines either bury most of the information or delete it entirely. Why? Because they're are both invested in financial gain from these experimental shots, not to mention Bill Gates is a depopulationist.

I would also recommend that if you have gotten an mRNA shot, to see your doctor immediately and ask to have a D-Dimer blood test done, because that is the only blood test that will expose the microscopic blood clotting from spike protein that is occurring in your tiniest capillaries and blood vessels. It is also cumulative, and will eventually take it's toll on your brain, heart and lungs and most likely kill you. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, you don't appear to have any knowledge of any of this, and this is information that people should absolutely have. Why do you think the CREATOR of the mRNA himself WARNED against it?

Last edited:
Sad news to report. My best friend has died of COVID. He had received both doses of the COVID shot but apparently the shots didn’t prevent him from catching the virus. My heart is broken. He was a heck of a nice guy and will be greatly missed.
So sorry to hear this. May he rest in peace.

But, as with the post I just left, the experimental shots were probably the reason your friend died. Had he relied on his own natural immunity, he'd still probably be alive. The shots are making things worse, and they're killing people.

So sorry BBD. My sister was the same. Had both shots but got the virus and it killed her just a couple of weeks ago. She had lots of other medical issues so had nothing left to fight the virus. I know how bad it hurts.

Well, since this isn't a "political" topic, I'll continue, as pleasantly as I can... I don't know why you don't know what everyone else knows, because the information about how many people have either had an adverse reaction or suffered injury or DIED from the messenger RNA shots ABOUNDS on the internet, much of what comes straight from the CDC's own VEARS reporting on their website. Also, those who have gotten the shot are 27 times more likely to catch COVID than someone with natural immunity, see Israel, they're learning the hard way, and the vaccinated that do catch covid are suffering far worse symptoms than had they not got the shot. A simple search of the facts is all one needs to do, but be aware that google and microsoft search engines either bury most of the information or delete it entirely. Why? Because they're are both invested in financial gain from these experimental shots, not to mention Bill Gates is a depopulationist.

I would also recommend that if you have gotten an mRNA shot, to see your doctor immediately and ask to have a D-Dimer blood test done, because that is the only blood test that will expose the microscopic blood clotting from spike protein that is occurring in your tiniest capillaries and blood vessels. It is also cumulative, and will eventually take it's toll on your brain, heart and lungs and most likely kill you. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, you don't appear to have any knowledge of any of this, and this is information that people should absolutely have. Why do you think the CREATOR of the mRNA himself WARNED against it?

Your side of the debate is well laid out. However the medical professionals I know here--and I know a lot of them--say the vaccines are safe for the huge majority of people and are saving lives, that those who get the vaccinations are far less likely to get COVID and those who do are far more likely to have light, easily managed cases. The autoimmune compromised still have to be very careful but the vaccine does not increase risk and definitely helps lower it.

And from the CDC this month:

Bottom line. Everybody should read up on all available information and make their own choice. Whatever that choice is will get no criticism or lectures from me.

I don't take medical advice from the internet. I have a doctor and other medical professionals who I know and trust have my best interests at heart, and he submitted my name to be vaccinated FIRST.

I especially don't take advice from bloggers, and websites named "duckduckgo.com", since there is no way of verifying whether anything they have posted is true or not.

I don't take medical advice from the internet. I have a doctor and other medical professionals who I know and trust have my best interests at heart, and he submitted my name to be vaccinated FIRST.

I especially don't take advice from bloggers, and websites named "duckduckgo.com", since there is no way of verifying whether anything they have posted is true or not.

Gentle point: duckduckgo is a search engine like Internet Explorer, Edge, Google, etc. and not its own information site. The link just takes you to a series of links duckduckgo pulled up on the subject.

But I agree that all information of all types on the internet, especially social media or highly partisan sites should be checked and rechecked for verification before accepting it as fact.

For instance I generally trust the information from the highly respected Mayo Clinic site and a wealth of information re COVID and the vaccines can be found here:

But even information on the Mayo Clinic site I will check out with other trusted sources just in case they missed something.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back