USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well ladies and gentlemen the day has come...:yes_text12:

My son and DIL and 3 grandkids (girls) arrive in about 8 hours... Haven't seen my son and his family since April of 2017... The youngest was just born in Aug of 2019... My ex-wife went back for the birth of Quinn so she has seen then since I have...
Jake's other 2 girls are bonus children from DIL's first marriage... Their ages are 10 and 14...
They will be staying primarily at the family's beach house on the N. Shore of Oahu... 2 weeks of hustle and bustle... My son lived here up till he was about 10 years old and has visited numerous times since then... He will be 41 in September...
I wish I was better at this than I am... I have very few patriarchal bones in my body... I will try to be a good grandpa...
You have been a great friend to everybody here Ridgerunner. I suspect there's some pretty good grandpa genes in there too. :) (I do understand the apprehension though. When we are acclimated to our own space and quiet routine, a group of young ones can be a bit nerve wracking. But it's worth it.)

Well.....I've been MIA due to depression, then I had surgery on my left hand last week. Big ol gangleon cyst on the outside of my wrist and it was crawling up towards my pinky and ring finger. Surgeon said he had to cut it out..stalk and all. Down to the bone. I think he cut a few nerves while he was at it cuz my thumb is still numb and the top of my hand is numb as well. Took 28 hours for my arm to work again. They did a block on it. Don't know why, cuz they knocked me out to do the surgery so why put my arm to sleep as well for so damn long? Anyway..I go see him for follow up on the 11th. Hopefully my nerves will mend themselves and I will get my hand back. Being one handed is a pain in the butt. Er...in the hand.
How are you doing?

Well.....I've been MIA due to depression, then I had surgery on my left hand last week. Big ol gangleon cyst on the outside of my wrist and it was crawling up towards my pinky and ring finger. Surgeon said he had to cut it out..stalk and all. Down to the bone. I think he cut a few nerves while he was at it cuz my thumb is still numb and the top of my hand is numb as well. Took 28 hours for my arm to work again. They did a block on it. Don't know why, cuz they knocked me out to do the surgery so why put my arm to sleep as well for so damn long? Anyway..I go see him for follow up on the 11th. Hopefully my nerves will mend themselves and I will get my hand back. Being one handed is a pain in the butt. Er...in the hand.
How are you doing?
Hand is still numb. Thumb still pins and needles. On top of that, it is a sweltering horrible 110 degrees today.:mad:

But thanks for asking!:)

I semi prepared this horrible weather but tomorrow morning, I have to get to the grocery store. I need more bottled water.

Meanwhile, I stocked up on books and dvds. Lets hope the power stays on! I also have been busy playing with polymer clay. Did a few mini's and that keeps me occupied for hours. Can't go outside..its like walking into a oven. So..I have to entertain myself inside and I HATE being inside.

What a week, what a month, what a year.... Finally had planned a vacation. Had planned on Missouri to visit a Step Daughter, 2 Step sons and a granddaughter among others to numerous to name. But as of yesterday one Step son is admitted to the hospital with Covid, and the granddaughter is being tested today. So change of plans.
I am going beginning to end. Lexington and concord will be my first official stop. Moving south to Yorktown, First shots fired to the last... Any suggestions for other stops?

What a week, what a month, what a year.... Finally had planned a vacation. Had planned on Missouri to visit a Step Daughter, 2 Step sons and a granddaughter among others to numerous to name. But as of yesterday one Step son is admitted to the hospital with Covid, and the granddaughter is being tested today. So change of plans.
I am going beginning to end. Lexington and concord will be my first official stop. Moving south to Yorktown, First shots fired to the last... Any suggestions for other stops?
Good luck

How are you doing?
Hand is still numb. Thumb still pins and needles. On top of that, it is a sweltering horrible 110 degrees today.:mad:

Do you get depressed alot?

(I do understand the apprehension though. When we are acclimated to our own space and quiet routine, a group of young ones can be a bit nerve wracking. But it's worth it.)
Well I sure am tired just after the first day...:bigbed:

Here is a few pics I took with my Brownie...

1624076751615.png

Beach House, Hauula, Hawaii

1624076918142.png

10 and 13 yr old granddaughters boogie boarding...

1624077093468.png

Ex-wife and 2 year old granddaughter...

1624077226897.png

DIL, Granddaughter and ex-wife...

Life is good...

How are you doing?

Do you get depressed alot?
Only when I am depressed. :p

• Love
Reactions: 007
Welcome to the Coffee Shop sarahgop and Potterhead2021. We're happy you found us, unless by chance sarah, you are our old friend SarahG in which case welcome back.

And Potter, in answer to your question, you don't 'join' the Coffee Shop other than to just join in at your discretion or whim. :) We have been here since 2010 and are one place where we avoid politics, emotionally controversial social issues, debating religious doctrine or such that tends to get people angry with or at odds with one another. Otherwise there is no agenda or specified subject matter though courtesy is always appreciated. It's a place just to be with old friends, get acquainted with new friends, and just be.

So, again welcome, welcome and just keep right on joining in.
First timers in the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage and because I'm really REALLY empathizing with Gracie's 110 degree heat--our temps are running at or close to a 100 too as I am sure others are the same--so I'm ordering ice cold frosty drinks for everybody--virgin or high octane--your choice. :)

1624128355981.png

(I do understand the apprehension though. When we are acclimated to our own space and quiet routine, a group of young ones can be a bit nerve wracking. But it's worth it.)
Well I sure am tired just after the first day...:bigbed:

Here is a few pics I took with my Brownie...

View attachment 503104
Beach House, Hauula, Hawaii

View attachment 503107
10 and 13 yr old granddaughters boogie boarding...

View attachment 503108
Ex-wife and 2 year old granddaughter...

View attachment 503109
DIL, Granddaughter and ex-wife...

Life is good...
Is that your beach house? It really IS right on the beach. I presume you and ex-wife don't live there all the time? But what fun that looks like and what a great experience for the kids. (Me too if I was there. I would love that.)

Well we are having a new adventure. Our car has been stolen. That's a first that we have had any kind of significant theft loss.
OMG... SERIOUSLY... wth?
Was it stolen from your house or somewhere else? Hope it gets back to you in one piece.
It was stolen out of a closed garage sometime between 3pm Tuesday and roughly 8:30 or so am Wednesday. The neighbor across the street noticed Wednesday morning that the garage door was open and the car was gone. Figuring we had gone somewhere and forgot to close the garage door, he went in and hit the inside closer and managed to jump the beam before the door closed. But later on they got to thinking about it and around 3 pm Wed. called over here just to be sure. Otherwise we wouldn't have known about it until around 11:30 am Thursday when we would have left for our weekly 42 game. It's so ungodly hot we don't go out unless we absolutely have to and there was nowhere we had to be during that time.

Anyhow the police have been here to make a report, our insurance company has furnished us a great rental car that we'll keep until our car is recovered or for 20 days, whichever comes first. If the car isn't recovered within 20 days they pay us for the car and we buy another one. Little of value in the car fortunately. Three umbrellas, my favorite jacket that was getting pretty old, some COVID masks, my phone charger and such. First thing the police officer asked was whether the title was in the glove compartment. It wasn't--we keep it in a fireproof safe--but a good lesson to never keep the title with the car.

Our rental car is a 2021 Volkswagon Atlas (SUV) with ALL the bells and whistles. Really nice car. :)

New Topics

Forum List

Back