USMB Coffee Shop IV

I just ate a piece of warm oatmeal date bar, fresh from the oven. Delish! I haven't had one of these since I was a kid. I'm going to have to make these more often!

E3n_twKWUAAIq0E.jpg

Albuquerque hit 103f yesterday which isn't a record but it sure felt like one as we hadn't reached a 100 for several years now, even in June & July which are our hottest months. We're not liking it. Today is forecast to be cooler in the mid high 90's which is typical for us in the summer. And it isn't even summer until close to midnight on the 20th. Really looking forward to the monsoon and its afternoon clouds that will arrive hopefully in early July.

Albuquerque hit 103f yesterday which isn't a record but it sure felt like one as we hadn't reached a 100 for several years now, even in June & July which are our hottest months. We're not liking it. Today is forecast to be cooler in the mid high 90's which is typical for us in the summer. And it isn't even summer until close to midnight on the 20th. Really looking forward to the monsoon and its afternoon clouds that will arrive hopefully in early July.
We are in a severe drought up in the midwest with very little chances of rain. Farmers are getting worried about their new crops. North Dakota is at extreme drought.
Dropped into the 80's at least.

Recently watching old movies on you screwed (you tube). Last night watched Forever England (1935) set during WW I and realized that Sailor of the King (1940) set during WW II was a remake of Forever England.

About a week ago watched Things to Come (1936, H.G Wells) and tried not to laugh too often. I remember watching it as a kid and understanding back then just how unrealistic the premise of the story was.

We are in a severe drought up in the midwest with very little chances of rain. Farmers are getting worried about their new crops. North Dakota is at extreme drought.
Dropped into the 80's at least.
Yep... up nort' here in SW WI we've had the hottest June on RECORD so far, and we can't buy rain. My lawn is BURNT. So weird, because last year it rained like every other day, or every 3rd day. Everyone's lawn was thick, lush green. Strange how it can be such opposites from one year to the next.

We're under severe weather advisory though for later. Could be get interesting. They're talking straight line winds, hail, and even a possible tornado. We don't need that. We do need the rain, and some of the rain could be torrential. We'll take that. We're like eight inches behind, just unreal.

Last edited:
Foxfyre I cannot believe the whole time you lived in kansas you never took in a Royals game.Man I always tell people if they go to kansas the one thing they MUST do is take in a Royals game,even if you are not into baseball its a fun experience just going there to look at the beautiful fountains.:thup: this is what you miss out on.It is REALLY beautiful though at nighttime when they are all lit up.

1623969323086.png

1623969411027.png

1623969510995.png

Best damn ballpark in the country. many of the announcers over the years have said the same thing,that its their favorite ballpark.

I was so happy when the royals won the series against the cardinals when they won their first world series because the manager of the cardinals was the biggest jerk,they would have been to many more world series than they were if not for the horrible managing skills of whitey herzog.He always made stupid dumb decisions that always cost them in the playoffs against the yankees. I always said back then,MAN IF THEY WOULD JUST GET RID OF WHITEY HERZOG THEY WOULD BEAT THE YANKEES. and guess what? true to form when they FINALLY did get rid of him,the next and last time they faced them in the playoffs they DID beat the Yankess.that was all that was needed.he was a cancer to them.:up:

Our kitties...
Chloe
View attachment 501040
Izzy...
View attachment 501041
And the step daughters puppy
Charlie...

View attachment 501042
Highly intelligent friendly playful Pitsky. Pitbull Husky mix.
Kitties don't much care for
Charles though.
I really love these pics,especially the one of the dog,I really love dogs,cats are fine but dogs are the most fun.
He has become my boating buddy...
20200926_091406.jpg

Searching for Walleye last fall, Lk Vermilion, MN.
Sure won't get a cat out there.

Well ladies and gentlemen the day has come...:yes_text12:

My son and DIL and 3 grandkids (girls) arrive in about 8 hours... Haven't seen my son and his family since April of 2017... The youngest was just born in Aug of 2019... My ex-wife went back for the birth of Quinn so she has seen then since I have...
Jake's other 2 girls are bonus children from DIL's first marriage... Their ages are 10 and 14...
They will be staying primarily at the family's beach house on the N. Shore of Oahu... 2 weeks of hustle and bustle... My son lived here up till he was about 10 years old and has visited numerous times since then... He will be 41 in September...
I wish I was better at this than I am... I have very few patriarchal bones in my body... I will try to be a good grandpa...

Forum List

Back