USMB Coffee Shop IV

I've been taking 3K of Vit 3D since 2014.
I haven't been sick with flu or this virus
Why not sit in the sun for a few minutes and get it naturally for free?

I live in AZ. but right now it's too cold and in summer it's too hot for very fair skin, but I do have a lite tan on my arms all year round. :)
I also am allergic to sun screens they make me breakout in hives .
My doc told me to take them.
Being fair skinned means you need only a few minutes of sun exposure to get adequate D. That is what I’ve read. Of course this is when the sun is high enough in the he sky to generate D in your skin. In AZ you should get it most months of the year.

Well I'm going with what my Doctor says and I have been taking them since 2014 with no colds,flu or covid so far :)

I live in AZ. but right now it's too cold and in summer it's too hot for very fair skin, but I do have a lite tan on my arms all year round. :)
Being fair skinned means you need only a few minutes of sun exposure to get adequate D. That is what I’ve read. Of course this is when the sun is high enough in the he sky to generate D in your skin. In AZ you should get it most months of the year.

Well I'm going with what my Doctor says and I have been taking them since 2014 with no colds,flu or covid so far :)
I never listen to a doctor when it comes to supplements, unless he/she knows enough. Most of them know nothing about diet and supplements.

I'm the same way Peach. I have been taking these Vitamin Supplements, including Vitamin D at the recommendation of my doctor, for maybe 10 years now? And I have had no head colds, no flu, haven't really been sick at all in all that time.

This has been a busy Tuesday. Got some floors vacuumed by a visiting angel, bought a ham, also cooked by same angel, and crocheted granny square #425 out of about 1200 needed to make a queen sized summer spread. Please pray for Lisa. She is fighting bipolar depression and has been hospitalized for an indefinite amount of time. Her therapy means isolation and probably group therapy with other bipolar patients. So I'm sending up a little prayer for her and others who have this or other debilitating diseases of neural issues that devastate people during this time of the covid pandemic.

Good night all. May the road rise up to meet you, the wind be always at your back, and your meetings with old friends be happy times of joy and celebration of the beautiful life the Maker has given us. ♡♡♡♡♡

Oh, yes, and I thank Him also for the joy of having Foxfyre keeping the coffee shop open for everyone! :huddle:

Good afternoon all!
I missed you all.
I have quite a bit of catching up to do.
So sorry to hear about your wife Ringle.
You and I have become like so many others this last year .

It's nice to be back.
Yeah, Christmas and New Years was really tough, a lot harder than I imagined it would be but it's good to have friends, even if they're only online. I was honestly sorry to hear about your loss and I can strongly empathize, it's not easy.

I wish I could have been more of a friend to you during your sad realities and heartbreak. After seeing those pictures of you and your beautiful wife I was truly heartbroken but not much of a comfort or friend. Your perspectives and responses seemed like my hopeful perspectives and responses during such a sad and loving time .. it all seemed too very close to home as I am blessed with a wonderful Kat as well...
It's okay Lumpy, I truly appreciate the sentiment. I have access to professional grief help if I need it, family and a few friends plus keeping myself busy (or trying to) which helps. I think two of the biggest issues many of us that are left behind deal with is regret and sometimes guilt. We regret not doing more, being more, loving more and sometimes feel guilty that we didn't do more to fix the illness or whatever, we feel guilty about the times we may have wished our partner wasn't our partner and we blame ourselves for what happened. It's normal to feel like this as long as one doesn't beat themselves up too much with it, wallow in it and let it take control.
Another normal feeling is one of abandonment, we're left behind, alone, we feel abandoned.
Again these are normal grief processes we all go through, sometimes it's almost overwhelming, sometimes one can go a whole day and not think about it.

Thank You Ringel ..

FB75F9F4-D5F4-4C93-A711-A760CAD29D43.png

COVID test came back positive. I'm exhausted. I would share more but feeling wrung out.
The test is often wrong.
Why Covid-19 Testing Is a Tragic Waste - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com
But these symptoms; exhaustion, shortness of breath, listlessness point the other way. This is my reality and I urge everyone to take this disease extremely seriously. I'm not living or dying a crazy political conspiracy. Mask up! Maintain social distancing take the vaccine. Just because it hasn't effected you personally doesn't mean it can't or won't.

My apologies to anyone taking umbrage for my admonition. But realize there have been far too many lies told about this pandemic. And the biggest lie is we can attitude our way out.
I’m taking it seriously, but also questioning the establishment narrative.

Much of my family was at Disney World in November 2019. 17 of us including 6 children all under 10. Nearly all got sick afterwards with symptoms now considered common to Covid-19. All recovered nicely without hospitalization.

Hombre and I are both over 65 which technically puts us in the high risk group. I suspect we both had the virus late last winter before the country was put in pandemic mode--unexplained symptoms that lasted a few days and then passed--first me and a week later him. Never severe enough to be of serious concern and we didn't go to urgent care or our doctor. But putting two and two together it's possible. We were taking no precautions then though and nobody we were in contact with has come down with it so also maybe not. We live as though we are at risk. We haven't been motivated to endure the long lines at the testing centers. Our state has now done enough tests to have tested our entire population once, but nobody I know has been tested so apparently many people are being tested multiple times. But I do look forward to the time we can return to normal lives. I feel so badly to those whose businesses and livelihoods have been pretty much destroyed.
I had 3 negative tests before I got my first positive. I'm waiting for the results of my last two. Testing does not mean immunity. Testing does allow us vital information.

I am ashamed that my thought upon awakening this morning was "death will find me today". It feels so bad.
Prayers up, Nosmoking. Hope you will take zinc, a d3, and vitamin c. Those help other medicines help you get well sooner.♡♡♡♡♡

It is good that you were already in a medical facility when your symptoms appeared NOSMO but alas, that is probably also where you contracted the virus.

As for the rest of us, I have been listening with interest to medical professionals stating that higher than normal intake of Vitamin D appears to significantly provide more immunity to the virus. And it couldn't hurt though caution warranted as excessive intake of Vitamin D is toxic. But 4 to 6k units per day are okay & safe. Hombre and I routinely take 3k units Vitamin D daily and have increased that to 5k. Vitamin D3 if you're looking to get some.
A should be added to my list, but I forget why. :brb:

Edit: Just found it. Vitamin A protects the cells in such organs as reproductive, liver, heart, lungs, and kidneys. I have a nagging thought about toxicity of going too far over the good health A, so 50x is too much, but while covid is a threat, a little bit more is advisable during this particular pandemic in which covid is a threat to those organs in your body. Zinc is recommended, but you may not have to do the math if you check Senior Centrum for men and Senior zcentrum for women. I think over 50 means senior, although people with such autoimmune issues as MS, diabetes, gallstones, fibromyalgia, neuralgia, aneurism, obesity, coronary arrhythmias, chronic bronchitis or emphysema, cancer in family history or personal health rap sheet list. B12 and B6 and niacin are recommended as I recollect, and a certified homeopathic practitioner could save your life if you have any challenges in immunity. It's wise to take what you need, but do not ever overdose. RDI's are available at the CDC website, which may also give you the scientific study details. And R.D. I. Stands for Recommended Dietary Intake. BUT when you're attempting avoidance of a virus, the intake increases in some nutrients and minerals but remains the same in others. If getting it right is unimportant to you, or if you believe nutritional values should never be amended, then do yourself a favor: eat an unpeeled apple a day or imbibe in apple juice that appears cloudy in the store. My face is "Simply Apple" in the refrigerated juice in the grocery store, keeping in mind you will need about a 5 inch square by a twelve inch height in your fridge till it's gone. That way, you don't have to deal with chewing up the peel if your teeth are insufficient for such a task.
We recently bought a high end juicer. We juice apples with veggies a lot. Makes for a very tasty and healthy drink. Though I’m known to add vodka now then.

I forgot to respond to this post which I intended to do the day you made it. We have a juicer that I've never taken out of the box. Squeamish about learning to use it I think. Do many of ya'll juice veggies & fruits with one of these? Or should I regift it?

COVID test came back positive. I'm exhausted. I would share more but feeling wrung out.
The test is often wrong.
But these symptoms; exhaustion, shortness of breath, listlessness point the other way. This is my reality and I urge everyone to take this disease extremely seriously. I'm not living or dying a crazy political conspiracy. Mask up! Maintain social distancing take the vaccine. Just because it hasn't effected you personally doesn't mean it can't or won't.

My apologies to anyone taking umbrage for my admonition. But realize there have been far too many lies told about this pandemic. And the biggest lie is we can attitude our way out.

Much of my family was at Disney World in November 2019. 17 of us including 6 children all under 10. Nearly all got sick afterwards with symptoms now considered common to Covid-19. All recovered nicely without hospitalization.

Hombre and I are both over 65 which technically puts us in the high risk group. I suspect we both had the virus late last winter before the country was put in pandemic mode--unexplained symptoms that lasted a few days and then passed--first me and a week later him. Never severe enough to be of serious concern and we didn't go to urgent care or our doctor. But putting two and two together it's possible. We were taking no precautions then though and nobody we were in contact with has come down with it so also maybe not. We live as though we are at risk. We haven't been motivated to endure the long lines at the testing centers. Our state has now done enough tests to have tested our entire population once, but nobody I know has been tested so apparently many people are being tested multiple times. But I do look forward to the time we can return to normal lives. I feel so badly to those whose businesses and livelihoods have been pretty much destroyed.
I had 3 negative tests before I got my first positive. I'm waiting for the results of my last two. Testing does not mean immunity. Testing does allow us vital information.

I am ashamed that my thought upon awakening this morning was "death will find me today". It feels so bad.
Prayers up, Nosmoking. Hope you will take zinc, a d3, and vitamin c. Those help other medicines help you get well sooner.♡♡♡♡♡

It is good that you were already in a medical facility when your symptoms appeared NOSMO but alas, that is probably also where you contracted the virus.

As for the rest of us, I have been listening with interest to medical professionals stating that higher than normal intake of Vitamin D appears to significantly provide more immunity to the virus. And it couldn't hurt though caution warranted as excessive intake of Vitamin D is toxic. But 4 to 6k units per day are okay & safe. Hombre and I routinely take 3k units Vitamin D daily and have increased that to 5k. Vitamin D3 if you're looking to get some.

Edit: Just found it. Vitamin A protects the cells in such organs as reproductive, liver, heart, lungs, and kidneys. I have a nagging thought about toxicity of going too far over the good health A, so 50x is too much, but while covid is a threat, a little bit more is advisable during this particular pandemic in which covid is a threat to those organs in your body. Zinc is recommended, but you may not have to do the math if you check Senior Centrum for men and Senior zcentrum for women. I think over 50 means senior, although people with such autoimmune issues as MS, diabetes, gallstones, fibromyalgia, neuralgia, aneurism, obesity, coronary arrhythmias, chronic bronchitis or emphysema, cancer in family history or personal health rap sheet list. B12 and B6 and niacin are recommended as I recollect, and a certified homeopathic practitioner could save your life if you have any challenges in immunity. It's wise to take what you need, but do not ever overdose. RDI's are available at the CDC website, which may also give you the scientific study details. And R.D. I. Stands for Recommended Dietary Intake. BUT when you're attempting avoidance of a virus, the intake increases in some nutrients and minerals but remains the same in others. If getting it right is unimportant to you, or if you believe nutritional values should never be amended, then do yourself a favor: eat an unpeeled apple a day or imbibe in apple juice that appears cloudy in the store. My face is "Simply Apple" in the refrigerated juice in the grocery store, keeping in mind you will need about a 5 inch square by a twelve inch height in your fridge till it's gone. That way, you don't have to deal with chewing up the peel if your teeth are insufficient for such a task.
We recently bought a high end juicer. We juice apples with veggies a lot. Makes for a very tasty and healthy drink. Though I’m known to add vodka now then.

I forgot to respond to this post which I intended to do the day you made it. We have a juicer that I've never taken out of the box. Squeamish about learning to use it I think. Do many of ya'll juice veggies & fruits with one of these? Or should I regift it?
We love ours. You will find lots of YouTube videos and online recipes for juicing. It's a great way to get lots of nutrients in one glass.

The test is often wrong.

You get many more antioxidants on your body's health landscape with fresh fruits and vegetables with a juicer than stuff cooked to meet an OSHA demand for sanitation that doesn't take into account the absence of nutrients lost due to overheating to "kill" germs that aren't around fresh produce shortly after harvest.

The test is often wrong.

You get many more antioxidants on your body's health landscape with fresh fruits and vegetables with a juicer than stuff cooked to meet an OSHA demand for sanitation that doesn't take into account the absence of nutrients lost due to overheating to "kill" germs that aren't around fresh produce shortly after harvest.

I'm sure you're right. We do eat a lot of fresh veggies and fruit--especially apples and blueberries--in salads, smoothies et al along with the Budwig flax oil/quark recipe, ground flaxseed and such. But also enjoy cooked veggies and fruit. Hombre is strictly a meat & potatoes kind of guy so I do a lot of old fashioned southern for him but make it as healthy as possible.

I'm having a hard time with having to sell Mr. P's motorcycle trike.
I need to clean out all of the compartments and can't bring myself to do it.
That bike was so much a part of him so it's like selling off a part of him.
I know I have to sell it, but I'm having a hard time with doing so.

Hi all, just dropping by to let everyone know I'm still around. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hope you are doing well yourself.
Yeah, doing better. Having to take an enforced break just as I was ramping up and getting more things done around the house. Something happened in my low back that was extremely painful, ended up in the ER last Thursday. Still getting over it and today was the first day I haven't had to take any muscle relaxers or ibuprofen or use crutches to get around. It's still sore but not like it has been where I could have used something much stronger than ibuprofen.........

Just after Christmas I tried to clean out Kat's wardrobe and give it all to charity, ultimately took me two weeks before I could actually finish it. I know how you feel.

Maybe he's telling you to ride it yourself? But if that just isn't feasible, I do know how hard it is to part with something important to a loved one.

Maybe he's telling you to ride it yourself? But if that just isn't feasible, I do know how hard it is to part with something important to a loved one.

No I will never want to drive it.
I'm a rider only type when it comes to bikes. :)

New Topics

Forum List

Back