USMB Coffee Shop IV

I've basically stolen my neighbour's cat. It's the little black cat in my avatar photo. She was my cat's best friend. She used to come to my back door to call him out to play. He got hit a car a couple of years but she kept coming around looking for him.

A couple of weeks ago, my friend was picking me up, and she asked me if the little black and white cat was a stray. She had been petting the cat and she was awfully thin. My daughter was here and we both noted that her general condition wasn't good at all - dirty, dull coat, and painfully thin. She urged me to take her in.

A couple of days later, when I opened the door to put food out for her, she ran into the house, and didn't leave for two days. My current indoor cat has been very welcoming, and there's been no hissing or fighting. The black cat has gained weight and she's now grooming herself. Her coat is thin and she has no undercoat at all, but it's no longer dull or scruffy.

I texted her owner on the day after the cat came in, to tell her where her cat was, and she didn't even know it was missing. She said she would come and get her. That was two weeks ago, and she still hasn't come to get the cat. She lives across the hall from me, so there's really no effort involved.

Welcome to the Coffee Shop Dragonlady and yep, I think you have yourself a cat. Those fur friends that choose you are usually really special. We are so happy you've found us. Please read over the OP to see what we're all about in here and then keep right on joining in. Newcomers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage:

1608618939535.png

That is hands down Hombre's favorite Christmas movie. Kids & friends have given him Christmas Story tee shirts, calendars, the complete script to the movie, and a very excellent replica of the major award that sits proudly on his desk and is a real lamp though a smaller version. I posted a picture of it in the Coffee Shop a few years ago.

Attn. Ringel:

I was at my doctor earlier, for a Covid test, prior to travel.

We got talking about healthcare. He’d practised in the US, and lauded the cancer treatments there. I brought up the regular checkups, which are routine here, but in the States are not followed through so rigorously.

Is it a matter of cost? Taking time off work, and not getting paid for it?

Honestly most healthcare policies here cover an annual physical, but a lot of Americans just don't bother. I go twice a year for checkups but we get scans only when the doctor has a concern he/she thinks should be checked out.

Question...anyone hear from Peach in Arizona? Haven't seen her in a long time. And Ernie? Does he still have his bar? He hasn't been here in forever. Is he ok? Both of them? Was thinking of them while pretending I am Gracie Slick in another thread (hickory farms), which made me think of woodstock which made me think of peach being the one that saved ernie from dying in a mud bog patch.

Anyway...anyone hear from either of them?

Foxfyre

Peach stopped in a few months ago. Her husband had passed and she said when everything settle down and the spirit moved her, she would be back. It has been over a year since Ernie stopped by. He was in a new relationship. I don't know if he still has his interest in the bar. He isn't in any of the photos on the website any more.

Mr Peach died???? OMG! Last I heard he was doing great, toodling around on a motorcycle or something. Damn. Sorry to hear this. Was thinking of her cuz if we ever did wind up in Az, my sister in law lives in the same town and I wanted to look Peach up if she agreed.

Anyway....so sorry Peach....if you ever see this. :(

Concerning Ernie..maybe he is happy in his new relationship. I hope. He was so happy with his bar, but...bars are a pain in the ass. My parents were bar owners, so I know what thats like. Buncha drunks, rowdiness, but fun customers playing poker in the back room and not being all rambunctious. Anyway..with Ernie..hope all is well.

Attn. Ringel:

I was at my doctor earlier, for a Covid test, prior to travel.

We got talking about healthcare. He’d practised in the US, and lauded the cancer treatments there. I brought up the regular checkups, which are routine here, but in the States are not followed through so rigorously.

Is it a matter of cost? Taking time off work, and not getting paid for it?

Honestly most healthcare policies here cover an annual physical, but a lot of Americans just don't bother. I go twice a year for checkups but we get scans only when the doctor has a concern he/she thinks should be checked out.

Thanks for the info.

Not bothering can result in a stage4 diagnosis.

Having said that, there are people here who don’t bother.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Mindful and healing for her shoulder.
Good results for Nosmo King 's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.
Beautress for wellness.
Corazon for wellness.
Ringel, Peach, Gracie, everybody dealing with depression and adjustment.
Mindful's daughter diagnosed with cancer.
Ollie's brother recovering from major surgery.
Nosmo King for healing and health
Montrovant & his household for healing and health

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they do.

On this the Winter Solstice night, Coffee Shoppers, we all know this isn't the Christmas season we hoped for. I know we represent different faiths and some of our Coffee Shop family are not religious at all, but I like to think God, by whatever name we call Him, created a Star of Bethlehem for us for this year that has been so unlike other years. The original Star of Bethlehem represented hope for the world. And we sure need hope for our world now.
1608620033101.png

Mr Peach died???? OMG! Last I heard he was doing great, toodling around on a motorcycle or something. Damn. Sorry to hear this. Was thinking of her cuz if we ever did wind up in Az, my sister in law lives in the same town and I wanted to look Peach up if she agreed.

Anyway....so sorry Peach....if you ever see this. :(

Concerning Ernie..maybe he is happy in his new relationship. I hope. He was so happy with his bar, but...bars are a pain in the ass. My parents were bar owners, so I know what thats like. Buncha drunks, rowdiness, but fun customers playing poker in the back room and not being all rambunctious. Anyway..with Ernie..hope all is well.

I take it back. Ernie still is listed as owner & his picture is on cycling photos on the website:

He just wasn't in any of the snapshots they feature on the website.

Question...anyone hear from Peach in Arizona? Haven't seen her in a long time. And Ernie? Does he still have his bar? He hasn't been here in forever. Is he ok? Both of them? Was thinking of them while pretending I am Gracie Slick in another thread (hickory farms), which made me think of woodstock which made me think of peach being the one that saved ernie from dying in a mud bog patch.

Anyway...anyone hear from either of them?

Foxfyre
Ernie dropped by a year or so ago. And I hsven't seen Peach for several months. I loved all of them and am grateful we have Foxfyre's great thread to stop in and talk. I heard there was a great storm near Anchorage re ently, and have been missing Gallantwarrior, so hope all is well there. I love this thread.

This one was posted on Facebook--view from the Ball State Planetarium at Muncie, Indiana:
View attachment 432115
That star is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it. We were overcast with a thick cloud cover for several days of on and off rain. I've been staying home a lot lately and am just crocheting and cooking for loved ones who are living in 2 guest rooms now.

I've basically stolen my neighbour's cat. It's the little black cat in my avatar photo. She was my cat's best friend. She used to come to my back door to call him out to play. He got hit a car a couple of years but she kept coming around looking for him.

A couple of weeks ago, my friend was picking me up, and she asked me if the little black and white cat was a stray. She had been petting the cat and she was awfully thin. My daughter was here and we both noted that her general condition wasn't good at all - dirty, dull coat, and painfully thin. She urged me to take her in.

A couple of days later, when I opened the door to put food out for her, she ran into the house, and didn't leave for two days. My current indoor cat has been very welcoming, and there's been no hissing or fighting. The black cat has gained weight and she's now grooming herself. Her coat is thin and she has no undercoat at all, but it's no longer dull or scruffy.

I texted her owner on the day after the cat came in, to tell her where her cat was, and she didn't even know it was missing. She said she would come and get her. That was two weeks ago, and she still hasn't come to get the cat. She lives across the hall from me, so there's really no effort involved.

Welcome to the Coffee Shop Dragonlady and yep, I think you have yourself a cat. Those fur friends that choose you are usually really special. We are so happy you've found us. Please read over the OP to see what we're all about in here and then keep right on joining in. Newcomers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage:

View attachment 432109

Mmmm, looks delicious.

My current cat picked me too. I went to pick up a different cat (a friend was moving and could only take one cat), and Skeezix climbed into the cat carrier and wouldn't come out. I would have chosen her, but she was promised to someone else. My friend said "It looks like she wants to go home with you. You take her".

The two girls are getting along well. Skeezix is bringing cat toys to entice Cassie to play. Very little growling and no fighting at all. When Cassie goes out, Skeezix waits for her by the back door. Unfortunately, they are both "bathroom support cats". Every time I go to the bathroom, they race to come with me. The loser then stands outside the bathroom door glaring at the winner.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Mindful and healing for her shoulder.
Good results for Nosmo King 's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.
Beautress for wellness.
Corazon for wellness.
Ringel, Peach, Gracie, everybody dealing with depression and adjustment.
Mindful's daughter diagnosed with cancer.
Ollie's brother recovering from major surgery.
Nosmo King for healing and health
Montrovant & his household for healing and health

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they do.

On this the Winter Solstice night, Coffee Shoppers, we all know this isn't the Christmas season we hoped for. I know we represent different faiths and some of our Coffee Shop family are not religious at all, but I like to think God, by whatever name we call Him, created a Star of Bethlehem for us for this year that has been so unlike other years. The original Star of Bethlehem represented hope for the world. And we sure need hope for our world now.

Need to put in a correction here. The photo is mislabled - should be Jupiter and Saturn.

I forgot to call GallantWarrior. Im awake..in pain...and just took some pain pills, so I wreote myself a note and stuck it on my pc keyboard before the pills kick in.

Went to doc today. He thinks its something more serious than a pulled muscle in my back, so he is ordering an MRI to see what thehell is going on. He knows me more than I know me. He said...this is a new pain. Something you have not experienced before. Gotta see whats going on.
I agreed. Not my hip. Not my back. In between. He said nerve damage but from what??? (hes a neurologist).
So we are gonna find out. Hopefully soon.

Anyway...this is why I forgot. Docs office, grocery store where I had to hold the cart just to stay upright, home, compeletly forgot but I worry about GW and wanna make sure he is ok. PROMISE I will do it tomorrow, then let yall know.

Forum List

Back