USMB Coffee Shop IV

For the record, and to those who truly care....I will no longer "vent" in here. No woes. No snivels. No whines. When I need to lance the poison in me that has me so very far down in the dumps..I will just email someone that is a friend instead. I'm tired of the snarks due to certain people reading here to get "juicy" gossip to make fun of in other forums. Its hard enough in todays mess of elections and whatnot, plus my own situations, and its even harder when its used to ridicule me.

CS is supposed to be a safe haven for all of us. Its not.

Meanwhile....I felt pretty perky today. So.....the ladies down in the smoking area designated for us old stinky people who smoke...and myself....were talking about the dirty elevators. So..I took one elevator and another lady took the other and we scrubbed the hell out of them, lol. People using them kept saying IT SMELLS SO GOOD IN HERE! :yes_text12:

DAYUM its cold here today! Wearing leggings, another pair of leggings, uggs, a thick furry sweater and Im still cold! I was so tired of the horrible summer but I think I'm not tired of it any more, lol.

For the record, and to those who truly care....I will no longer "vent" in here. No woes. No snivels. No whines. When I need to lance the poison in me that has me so very far down in the dumps..I will just email someone that is a friend instead. I'm tired of the snarks due to certain people reading here to get "juicy" gossip to make fun of in other forums. Its hard enough in todays mess of elections and whatnot, plus my own situations, and its even harder when its used to ridicule me.

Why not just put those who give you grief on ignore? That should take care of the problem. We can't control the hateful and mean spirited, but when we have tools to ignore them, use them.

DAYUM its cold here today! Wearing leggings, another pair of leggings, uggs, a thick furry sweater and Im still cold! I was so tired of the horrible summer but I think I'm not tired of it any more, lol.

Know what you mean. I don't like being too warm, but it feels better these days than being cold.

Why not just put those who give you grief on ignore? That should take care of the problem. We can't control the hateful and mean spirited, but when we have tools to ignore them, use them.
Done and did. But that isn't what upset me. What does upset me is new folks who don't know me, read that shit and perhaps believe it and they then change their attitude about me.
But, its been taken care of the best it can. I started a thread in General Discussion, then asked Kat to close it. Not sure it it was yet or not, but I had my say.

Meanwhile, I will also refrain from sending links from USMB to other places I frequent and just quietly meander off to those other places more often.

Know what you mean. I don't like being too warm, but it feels better these days than being cold.
I dunno. Damned if it, damned if it isn't. Cold weather..joints have a fit. And its flue season. And snotty noses. And having to be inside more often which I hate. Hot weather, I can be outside in the shade and fiddle with plants and stuff but my psoriasis flares up and I get all sweaty. So...psoriasis or joint aches. Decisions decisions, lol.

1606692155758.png

Done and did. But that isn't what upset me. What does upset me is new folks who don't know me, read that shit and perhaps believe it and they then change their attitude about me.
But, its been taken care of the best it can. I started a thread in General Discussion, then asked Kat to close it. Not sure it it was yet or not, but I had my say.

Meanwhile, I will also refrain from sending links from USMB to other places I frequent and just quietly meander off to those other places more often.

I do understand the phenomenon, and the concern that somebody I care about might believe the crap that they spew. But It is my opinion that mean spirited people are noted as mean spirited people by decent people. And those who are hateful are going to be that way regardless and are noted when they are and their opinion is pretty much dismissed. I don't judge anybody by what hateful people say about them. In fact, those the hateful people trash I figure must be pretty good people. :)

I rarely post here outside of the Coffee Shop any more, but I've seen some pretty nasty things said about me by those hateful people. And I just shrug and be me. It feels really good to detach from the hateful and not give them power to bother me.

I don't own a basketball pump anymore. My Grandnephew's Christmas soccer ball was delivered this morning uninflected. I know I already bought him a customized wooden box(we done he call it a "jewelry box) and a gold plated chain with his team number 3, but he sent me his Christmas wish list to forward to Mom. It included a soccer ball, and Mom said she would not be buying that for him.

So, as my role as the silly, fun uncle, I bought it. It's my sworn duty to spoil him. But I realize that some of the staple goods of childhood are no longer to be found in the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate. No skate key, no transistor AM radio, no airplane glue, no stack of Mad Magazines.

I know that technology has rendered all my childhood accoutrement useless. The sidesaddle baskets on bicycles have been supplanted by bullet-proof backpacks. The transistor radio is now an iPod. The skate key morphed into Wheelies.

I pined for the future as a kid. Hopes of flying cars and the George Jetson lifestyle beckoned. But here we are, on the cusp of a new year and a new decade and I find myself missing 1964 more every day.

I don't own a basketball pump anymore. My Grandnephew's Christmas soccer ball was delivered this morning uninflected. I know I already bought him a customized wooden box(we done he call it a "jewelry box) and a gold plated chain with his team number 3, but he sent me his Christmas wish list to forward to Mom. It included a soccer ball, and Mom said she would not be buying that for him.

So, as my role as the silly, fun uncle, I bought it. It's my sworn duty to spoil him. But I realize that some of the staple goods of childhood are no longer to be found in the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate. No skate key, no transistor AM radio, no airplane glue, no stack of Mad Magazines.

I know that technology has rendered all my childhood accoutrement useless. The sidesaddle baskets on bicycles have been supplanted by bullet-proof backpacks. The transistor radio is now an iPod. The skate key morphed into Wheelies.

I pined for the future as a kid. Hopes of flying cars and the George Jetson lifestyle beckoned. But here we are, on the cusp of a new year and a new decade and I find myself missing 1964 more every day.

I have one of those huge balls used in physical therapy and such that both Hombre and I use--he for his back, me to keep my frozen shoulder syndrome under control. And the absence of a pump to inflate it and keep it inflated presented a unique problem to solve. And you're right. The staples of our youth are simply no longer around any more.

I have one of those huge balls used in physical therapy and such that both Hombre and I use--he for his back, me to keep my frozen shoulder syndrome under control. And the absence of a pump to inflate it and keep it inflated presented a unique problem to solve. And you're right. The staples of our youth are simply no longer around any more.
They're called Pilates balls. Had an old bicycle pump (belonged to my dad) that the seals had gone bad in. It went in the recycle bin. Have a cheap plastic one the came with something I bought a year ago, not sure if it's stored in a box or also got stuffed in the recycle bin.

Forum List

Back