USMB Coffee Shop IV

Took my brother for Hiatal Hernia surgery today. 8 hours sitting in the Surgery waiting room....
At least you were able to wait for him in the hospital. Lots of places, Alaska included, won't even allow family members into the building.
How's he doing?
Lot of pain in his shoulders and back. But getting better.

??? I wouldn't think hiatal hernia surgery would cause pain in back and shoulders?
Surgeon told me they blow you up like a balloon and moves a lot of bones and muscles around.

Ah so. I suppose that makes sense.

I know for so many of us, it is hard to give thanks about much of anything right now. But what we go through now will pass and the sun will shine again. It always does. So here's to making the best of things we can.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING COFFEE SHOPPERS

1606373521296.png
1606373732574.png

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Foxfyre, and all who meet here, cup in hand, wondering how all citizens of the coffee lounge are doing.

I have few days of reading back to see how everyone is. I was sick a lot in 2020, mainly with old and new allergies, and trying to understand why the world outside the walls of the coffee lounge is half celebrating chaos and half is trying to avoid the same. That said, I hope all are well, and those being taken advantage of by past loved ones are finding strategies to either live with or escape from bad situations and can pursue and procure happiness in life.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
:huddle:

Thank you. Thank you Lord for the blessing of life. Thank you Lord for this wonderful planet to live upon. And thank you Lord for the blessing of other people and creatures to live and love with.

And thank you Mom for everything you have done to make me feel loved and supported and safe. Thank you for the hugs, the kisses, and the chocolate chip cookies. For helping with homework, and the laundry services and chauffeuring me and my brother to Boy Scout meetings and ball games and church services. For the band-aids and mercurochrome and bedtime stories.

And thank you Pop for providing a role model as a true gentleman. Thank you for molding me into the man I am. And thank you for providing a warm, loving home that rivals the best atmosphere to grow and learn and bloom.

Thank you to my extended family who brought fun and knowledge and respect for those different from me.

Thank you to my friends who gave me experiences and support and endless fun.

Thank you to the USMB Coffee Shop for a platform for me to waffle on about all the things I found amazing in my life and times.

May God continue to bless each and every one of us mere mortals with the hope and love and knowledge that sustains us each day of this marvelous life we enjoy.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I know we can't wait for a clearer, safer Thanksgiving in the coming years.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are as stuffed as I am........ Serves ya'll right for eating so much...... :D
My next door neighbors brought me a plate of turkey with all the fixin's a few hours ago then my neighbors from across the street just brought me two plate fulls and a plate with slices of three different pies. I'll be eating good for a week. :lol:

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are as stuffed as I am........ Serves ya'll right for eating so much...... :D
My next door neighbors brought me a plate of turkey with all the fixin's a few hours ago then my neighbors from across the street just brought me two plate fulls and a plate with slices of three different pies. I'll be eating good for a week. :lol:

And probably not one cooks as good as you do. :)

We spent the day with Aunt Betty, now 94, who wanted to have Thanksgiving at her house after the governor smashed our original plans. She furnished the turkey breast, dressing, ,mashed potatoes, gravy and I brought sides of green bean casserole and sweet potatoes and her next door neighbor brought the pies. And it was all good. Touching bases and warmth here, on Facebook, Twitter, and from texts and telephone contact with friends and family across the country helped me appreciate that there is much to be thankful for and we are blessed.

Had either allergies, a bad upper respiratory infection yesterday, so I stayed home by myself because the friend who invited us to her home is immine-compromised, and I forgot to wear a mask only once 5 days earlier. I likely do not have cv19, but a cold can leave an immune-challenged person in an even weaker position which could mean a fatal illness. She lost a leg a couple of years ago due to diabetes, so I'm glad I passed it up. Last week, someone online said to leave your frozen turkey in the refrigerstor, so I did. It smelled terrible in the oven which I set to cook longer at a low temperature. It looked gray when it was falling apart done, but when I cut into it, it looked and smelled okay. I had a couple of small bites, but decided maybe I should just throw it out. An hour later I had a slight tummy ache. So I sprinkled some ginger into a glass of distilled water, which is supposed to clean up tummy aches, and in half an hour after drinking my uncarbonated ginger bail, no tummy ache. Whew. Close call. I think I'll get out the backhoe and bury the remains of that small turkey when it stops raining, because I'm not giving that bird to the dogs even. I should have trusted the smell and not have trusted the easy thawing advice which resulted in some kind of rottenness. I'm glad I spent a lot of spare time reading up on health benefits of spices in the past year, because every spice nutrition website I read cited ginger as a miracle remedy for a sick stomach. I figured half a dozen nutritional benefits websites might be right. It's especially fun to read up on what our ancestors knew about homeopathic and medicinal precious spices.

Pardon my prattle, but it seems a nice to break from our national pissing match and likely footshoot out there these days.

I'm having a tough time today. It started yesterday so I slept most of the time. today is worse. I'm lonely. I'm sad. I'm.....in a bad place. I'm glad thanksgiving is over because I have nothing to feel thankful for. Even the old folks here have family that comes for holidays, or they come get them and take them out of here to spend the day laughing and eating and just being around each other. Christmas will be worse. We havent had a Christmas in 4 years. No dogs to rush under the tree and rip open packages to get to their snacks and furbabie toys. No inlaws to watch happy faces opening theirs. No cheer. No love. No friendships to gather around a table and just TALK. I miss what was. I miss my old life. I miss being with people I know and able to actually touch them or hug them. I miss wrapping my arms around my dogs. I miss Karma. And Gracie. And Moki. And Pretties. I miss waking up with no pain in my joints. I miss being alive like I used to be.
And I miss common courtesy or empathy. None of that is here. I am alone. And although I am a loner, I do need companionship now and then. My cat can't pull me out of this funk although I think she suspects something is wrong.

And Ihate whining to strangers on the net. Im not a crier. But lately, thats all I seem to do. I hide under the table on the balcony, chain smoking and crying. Nobody knows. I don't want anyone to know. Yet here I am...telling y'all.

I just needed to spill it. Sorry.

I'm having a tough time today. It started yesterday so I slept most of the time. today is worse. I'm lonely. I'm sad. I'm.....in a bad place. I'm glad thanksgiving is over because I have nothing to feel thankful for. Even the old folks here have family that comes for holidays, or they come get them and take them out of here to spend the day laughing and eating and just being around each other. Christmas will be worse. We havent had a Christmas in 4 years. No dogs to rush under the tree and rip open packages to get to their snacks and furbabie toys. No inlaws to watch happy faces opening theirs. No cheer. No love. No friendships to gather around a table and just TALK. I miss what was. I miss my old life. I miss being with people I know and able to actually touch them or hug them. I miss wrapping my arms around my dogs. I miss Karma. And Gracie. And Moki. And Pretties. I miss waking up with no pain in my joints. I miss being alive like I used to be.
And I miss common courtesy or empathy. None of that is here. I am alone. And although I am a loner, I do need companionship now and then. My cat can't pull me out of this funk although I think she suspects something is wrong.

And Ihate whining to strangers on the net. Im not a crier. But lately, thats all I seem to do. I hide under the table on the balcony, chain smoking and crying. Nobody knows. I don't want anyone to know. Yet here I am...telling y'all.

I'll try to call you later.

Light duty is officially for the birds. I know I can't really get around that well yet, especially not climbing ladders, carry equipment, or moving up and down two-three flights of stairs. I hate working "banker's hours", 7-3, Mon-Fri with weekends off. There are lots of people here who would just about kill for my schedule! Not only that, but I complete my assigned tasks way to fast. The guy I'm working for told me that most of his light-duty assistants usually dragged out their work. I am bored and with I could just stay home because there is so damned much to do there and no time to do most of it.
It's dark when I leave to fight the morning rush and it's dark when I get home again, so I do my chores and get to feed and visit my critters when they basically want to go to bed. I'm hoping I can get my snowblower started this weekend because I need to clear almost 30 inches of accumulated snow so I can get my Kia out of its snowbank and back on the road. Stomping through thigh-deep snow isn't exactly helping my hip, either. I don't feel like I'm healing quite as quickly as I thought I would. I manage to keep the house warm, though. It's cozy as it can be but I'm fearful I'll run out of wood again this year. I had a lot more than last winter and my ex isn't there 24/7, so I should be using less. I do like my quiet, primative lifestyle, I just wish I had more time for it.
Now, I've rambled on, sorry. Life is good and although I do a lot more work, I am not missing the ex all that much.

I'll snap out of it. Going to bed. In sleep, I dream of home...and I dream of trying to get there. Its always the same concept...foggy/drizzlish, dark at night never during the day, driving driving driving and never getting there or getting there and not finding home. Not very good sleep but at least I am occupied looking for it...for something. I even dream of searching for my sister although I know even in my dreams she will turn me away as she has always done.
Anyway....I'm going to lay down and try to get some restful peace in sleep. So if I don't answer, its because I turned off the phone or cant hear it or am outside under the table chain smoking..trying to hurry up bad health so I can leave this hellhole permanently.

I'll snap out of it. Going to bed. In sleep, I dream of home...and I dream of trying to get there. Its always the same concept...foggy/drizzlish, dark at night never during the day, driving driving driving and never getting there or getting there and not finding home. Not very good sleep but at least I am occupied looking for it...for something. I even dream of searching for my sister although I know even in my dreams she will turn me away as she has always done.
Anyway....I'm going to lay down and try to get some restful peace in sleep. So if I don't answer, its because I turned off the phone or cant hear it or am outside under the table chain smoking..trying to hurry up bad health so I can leave this hellhole permanently.
I aologize for my whinefest. I'm better now. Slept the past many hours and for once...it was dreamless. The cat woke me up sitting on my face.
gallantwarrior I saw you left a voiccemail. Sorry I didn't respond...I had the phone off. Maybe we can chat soon. I almost called you back just now, but there is no privacy here in this apt...or outside of it since I would have to go outside the walls where the lowlifes are now camping out because the city bulldozed their encampment across the street. Now they are camping here...on the other side of the wall.

I went outside and had a few smokes, and two of the ladies that live here that I like, gave me a hug, let me cry, and then we all began to laugh at stupid shit so.....I'm feeling much better.

New Topics

Forum List

Back