USMB Coffee Shop IV

Went out to my car today....and someone broke in it and rifled around. Not much, but they did look here and there. Still...it wasn't as bad as when it was broken in to when Ilived in the alley a few blocks away. And again, they left me a prezzie, unbeknownst to them. A nice 8 inch knife in a leather sheath. And their nasty bandana. I'm thinking they just got in to get out of the rain. Stuff wasn't thrown hither and yon this time either. Just a few things scattered. No windows broken either. So I figure I forgot to lock the back slider lock. Sometimes my remote fob won't lock that one and I forgot to double check it. Whichis good. No replacement window needed. Still...I felt invaded. They took nothing beause there was nothing to take in there. Except my porta pot. I had to laugh when I think of them opening the wicker basket that holds it and saw a toilet. LOL I'm thankful they didn't use it!
Wow, Gracie. At least you and MrG are OK. Probably a good thing you live a few floors up, less likely they'll try to break in there than on the ground floor or cars. Still, it's a shame that so many people feel so entitled to just take what isn't theirs.
You stay safe. Can you carry pepper spray where you are? Maybe you should get some?
I go nowhere anymore without my 38. Fuck pepper spray, lol.

Do you have a CCP for that? Hombre & I are seriously considering taking the requisite training and getting one. The training should be nothing since we both could teach the course.

Went out to my car today....and someone broke in it and rifled around. Not much, but they did look here and there. Still...it wasn't as bad as when it was broken in to when Ilived in the alley a few blocks away. And again, they left me a prezzie, unbeknownst to them. A nice 8 inch knife in a leather sheath. And their nasty bandana. I'm thinking they just got in to get out of the rain. Stuff wasn't thrown hither and yon this time either. Just a few things scattered. No windows broken either. So I figure I forgot to lock the back slider lock. Sometimes my remote fob won't lock that one and I forgot to double check it. Whichis good. No replacement window needed. Still...I felt invaded. They took nothing beause there was nothing to take in there. Except my porta pot. I had to laugh when I think of them opening the wicker basket that holds it and saw a toilet. LOL I'm thankful they didn't use it!
Wow, Gracie. At least you and MrG are OK. Probably a good thing you live a few floors up, less likely they'll try to break in there than on the ground floor or cars. Still, it's a shame that so many people feel so entitled to just take what isn't theirs.
You stay safe. Can you carry pepper spray where you are? Maybe you should get some?

Do you have a CCP for that? Hombre & I are seriously considering taking the requisite training and getting one. The training should be nothing since we both could teach the course.
No ccp. Nobody will know I am carrying except those who I pull it on for being dicks and threatening me. If I hafta use it in self defense...ok. They can toss me in jail if they want afterwards but I WILL protect myself regardless of a piece of paper.

No ccp. Nobody will know I am carrying except those who I pull it on for being dicks and threatening me. If I hafta use it in self defense...ok. They can toss me in jail if they want afterwards but I WILL protect myself regardless of a piece of paper.

I just read through the ridiculous requirement & unreasonable cost for a CCP in New Mexico so we'll be doing the same when we are in situations it is advisable.

Amazing how many have permits in NM though. The last time I was on jury duty, one of the defense attorneys wanted to know who in the selected jury pool had CCP. An astonishing number of people raised their hands.

EngolrZW4AUHubs.jpg

Took my brother for Hiatal Hernia surgery today. 8 hours sitting in the Surgery waiting room....

Wow. They let you wait in the living room? They won't let family inside the hospital doors here. If you're picking up somebody who is being discharged, you have to wait outside for them.

That is a pretty routine surgery but, as you know, not an uncomplicated one. Hope he came through in great shape. Waiting at the hospital is one of the hardest jobs in the world though.

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Mindful and healing for her shoulder.
Good results for Nosmo King 's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.
Beautress for wellness.
Corazon for wellness.
Ringel, Peach, Gracie, everybody dealing with depression and adjustment.
Mindful's daughter diagnosed with cancer.
Ollie's brother recovering from major surgery.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they do.

1606288549881.png

Last edited:
Took my brother for Hiatal Hernia surgery today. 8 hours sitting in the Surgery waiting room....
At least you were able to wait for him in the hospital. Lots of places, Alaska included, won't even allow family members into the building.
How's he doing?
Lot of pain in his shoulders and back. But getting better.

At least you were able to wait for him in the hospital. Lots of places, Alaska included, won't even allow family members into the building.
How's he doing?

??? I wouldn't think hiatal hernia surgery would cause pain in back and shoulders?

Getting a permit and paying the fees costs more than the damn gun/ammo.

It is unreasonably costly here too with re-licensing requirements way above what is reasonable.

Just renewed mine. $60 5 years. Add a $75 class one time if you don't already have a KY permit. WE also have "constitutional carry" so don't need a permit but it has certain other perks. Here is is "concealed WEAPON permit" Not just pistol carry. I always have a small sharp switchblade in my pocket.

I've lived everywhere. I'm in KY for many reasons, most add up to being free.

Decided to get some shopping done today....... Big mistake. The super Wally World on Wyoming and Menaul was closed, don't know why so I went to the super Wally World on Academy and Wyoming.......... Line of people waiting to get in stretched all the way up to Smiths. Okay that was out so I went back to my neighborhood Wallys and it was so busy I didn't even bother. Guess I don't really need anything until after Thanksgiving.

Getting a permit and paying the fees costs more than the damn gun/ammo.

It is unreasonably costly here too with re-licensing requirements way above what is reasonable.

Just renewed mine. $60 5 years. Add a $75 class one time if you don't already have a KY permit. WE also have "constitutional carry" so don't need a permit but it has certain other perks. Here is is "concealed WEAPON permit" Not just pistol carry. I always have a small sharp switchblade in my pocket.

I've lived everywhere. I'm in KY for many reasons, most add up to being free.
"I'm in KY for many reasons"

Do we really want to know??!! :dunno:

KYJelly.jpg

How's he doing?

??? I wouldn't think hiatal hernia surgery would cause pain in back and shoulders?
Surgeon told me they blow you up like a balloon and moves a lot of bones and muscles around.

Forum List

Back