USMB Coffee Shop IV

Went out to my car today....and someone broke in it and rifled around. Not much, but they did look here and there. Still...it wasn't as bad as when it was broken in to when Ilived in the alley a few blocks away. And again, they left me a prezzie, unbeknownst to them. A nice 8 inch knife in a leather sheath. And their nasty bandana. I'm thinking they just got in to get out of the rain. Stuff wasn't thrown hither and yon this time either. Just a few things scattered. No windows broken either. So I figure I forgot to lock the back slider lock. Sometimes my remote fob won't lock that one and I forgot to double check it. Whichis good. No replacement window needed. Still...I felt invaded. They took nothing beause there was nothing to take in there. Except my porta pot. I had to laugh when I think of them opening the wicker basket that holds it and saw a toilet. LOL I'm thankful they didn't use it!
Wow, Gracie. At least you and MrG are OK. Probably a good thing you live a few floors up, less likely they'll try to break in there than on the ground floor or cars. Still, it's a shame that so many people feel so entitled to just take what isn't theirs.
You stay safe. Can you carry pepper spray where you are? Maybe you should get some?
I go nowhere anymore without my 38. Fuck pepper spray, lol.

What does HUGE pics of celebs have to do with the coffee shop?
There are other forums better suited. Do I have to stop readin here just to avoid spamming stupid stuff in here? Funny animal pics, fine. Cracker boxes, big emojis of loving coffee, HUGE pics of celebs nobody gives a damn about and no commentary whatsoever...not fine.

Yeah. I'm pissy today. The world is changing. I dont need the CS to change too.

Last edited:
EnJlPuBUwAAsAi8.jpg

Hi folks, doing much better recently, mostly out of my emotional slump and busy getting more done. Well, sometimes more, sometimes less...... :D
Been a while since I've been out anywhere, went to the mini Wally World and in some sections it looked almost like it did with the very first Covid lockdown, that was weird. I had the back seat of my truck filled with donations for the place I typically give to but for some reason they weren't open, guess Ill check again tomorrow.
Hope everyone is well, later. :thup:

Hi folks, doing much better recently, mostly out of my emotional slump and busy getting more done. Well, sometimes more, sometimes less...... :D
Been a while since I've been out anywhere, went to the mini Wally World and in some sections it looked almost like it did with the very first Covid lockdown, that was weird. I had the back seat of my truck filled with donations for the place I typically give to but for some reason they weren't open, guess Ill check again tomorrow.

Yes, this lockdown is really brutal since so many have been doing without adequate (or any) income for some time now. Where do you usually donate? We generally give our stuff to the Humane Society thrift shop, but they've been locked down for months.

So glad you are feeling more normal. Be prepared for those times that the grief/depression hits you--special occasions/holidays, a certain song or scent or setting or many things can trigger them--but they will come less and less frequently, be of shorter duration, hopefully less intensity. And this is normal.
I just buy one roll at a time, no need to panic.

is4h2gut50q01.jpg

We (mostly me because Hombre won't use it) are still working through the 80 plus rolls of Chinese toilet paper we ordered during the first wave of critical shortages. Took us months to get the order and it really is crappy toilet paper, but at least we're well stocked. We have a pretty good supply of the good stuff too, but thrifty me goes by the waste not, want not principle. But I sure will be glad when all the crappy stuff is used up.

Hello, Ringel,
Good to know you are busy and well and things are improving for you. You don't seem the type to stay down very long.

Yes, this lockdown is really brutal since so many have been doing without adequate (or any) income for some time now. Where do you usually donate? We generally give our stuff to the Humane Society thrift shop, but they've been locked down for months.

So glad you are feeling more normal. Be prepared for those times that the grief/depression hits you--special occasions/holidays, a certain song or scent or setting or many things can trigger them--but they will come less and less frequently, be of shorter duration, hopefully less intensity. And this is normal.

is4h2gut50q01.jpg

We (mostly me because Hombre won't use it) are still working through the 80 plus rolls of Chinese toilet paper we ordered during the first wave of critical shortages. Took us months to get the order and it really is crappy toilet paper, but at least we're well stocked. We have a pretty good supply of the good stuff too, but thrifty me goes by the waste not, want not principle. But I sure will be glad when all the crappy stuff is used up.
Gee, Foxy! I'll bet we saw that cheap chinese tp moved through Anchorage. We are now handling 70-100 flights daily carrying cheap chinese crap of all kinds and dumping it at all locations in the Lesser 48.

Still cold here. I put an extra sweater on my crippled goatling and keep toe warmers in her booties. This morning is the first time I've seen any other goats lying with her. They tend to bundle up in bunches when it's really cold. Maybe the extra outerwear is keeping her attractively warm?
Don't hear anything from the former partner. Better that way. Now I find myself doing double duty, though. Next week I'll change the oil/filter, fuel and air filters on the Dodge. Fortunately, they have an auto hobby shop on the Army base which has lifts and tools available, making that type of work easier. At least I can be assured that the job will be done right. Partner had a habit of "personalizing" his mechanical work to the point of rendering machinery unusable.
Otherwise, things are going well. I hope life is treating all of y'all well, too.
Stay warm and keep your powder dry ladies and gents!

Now I have seen almost everything. I saw a video of a crab smoking a dog end on twitter.
I don't know how to post videos here or I would have posted it, but believe me it happened.

Still cold here. I put an extra sweater on my crippled goatling and keep toe warmers in her booties. This morning is the first time I've seen any other goats lying with her. They tend to bundle up in bunches when it's really cold. Maybe the extra outerwear is keeping her attractively warm?
Don't hear anything from the former partner. Better that way. Now I find myself doing double duty, though. Next week I'll change the oil/filter, fuel and air filters on the Dodge. Fortunately, they have an auto hobby shop on the Army base which has lifts and tools available, making that type of work easier. At least I can be assured that the job will be done right. Partner had a habit of "personalizing" his mechanical work to the point of rendering machinery unusable.
Otherwise, things are going well. I hope life is treating all of y'all well, too.
Stay warm and keep your powder dry ladies and gents!
I'm glad ex partner is leaving you alone. Just wish your brothers would hurry up and move there so you can get some help.

Saturday morning!

May we all disregard those demanding that we give in to fear, and go spend your holiday giving thanks with the friends and family you love, and whom none of us can do without.

Let the cartoon begin!

is4h2gut50q01.jpg

Gee, Foxy! I'll bet we saw that cheap chinese tp moved through Anchorage. We are now handling 70-100 flights daily carrying cheap chinese crap of all kinds and dumping it at all locations in the Lesser 48.

Yes we ordered it as pretty much the only available supply at the time. Grocery/Walmart shelves were bare here. So so it was like 10-12 or more weeks later two different orders finally came in--fortunately we were already pretty well stocked when the great toilet paper famine hit.

It was obviously made for non-Chinese consumers--quite a bit of Chinese on the packaging but also a lot of English.

Last edited:
Pain. I ALMOST forgot what it felt like in my hand. My right hand. And I'm a righty. Its been months since I've had a flareup. But now I remember quite well because it HURTS. Those little bones near the wrist but lower part of the palm. omg. I use my fingers the wrong way, grasping, typing not carefully, pulling a pillow or a blanket or even using kleenex on my nose and I scream with the shock of the instant pain. Dayum.

And the RA decided it was bored in my hands, feet, ankles, toes, knees, lower back and left hip. Now its partying in my left elbow for the first time ever.

Took another vicodin and it isn't doing a damn thing. Haven't had to take those for months either. Must be the change of weather. Maybe we should move to Arizona where its warmer. I do much better joint wise in warm weather but I HATE the heat.

Sigh

is4h2gut50q01.jpg

Yes we ordered it as pretty much the only available supply at the time. Grocery/Walmart shelves were bare here. So so it was like 10-12 or more weeks later two different orders finally came in--fortunately we were already pretty well stocked when the great toilet paper famine hit.

It was obviously made for non-Chinese consumers--quite a bit of Chinese on the packaging but also a lot of English.
We didn't have to order any, not with southwest toilet paper growing wild everywhere.

NOPALITOS+April+2013+003.JPG

Forum List

Back