USMB Coffee Shop IV

Does anyone know of a safe link where I can download the last version of Microsoft Encarta ?
I am scared to download it from an unknown site, because I might get ransomware. The last edition is 2009.

Edit: here is the online encyclopedia Britannica. Encyclopedia Britannica

They say, Wiki is a real killer of Encarta...
Who KNEW?:omg:

Progress is unstoppable...Just remember "The Hummer and the Cross" of Harry Harrison :)))

Autumn ended today. The rain has washed the leaves from the trees. And now we face the hard facts of the coming winter. Skeletal branches and drab lawns are our bill of fare until Spring. There is nothing left to envy me for living in the Crotch of the Tri-State area until the tulips bloom.

But you can envy me for this. I have completed my Christmas shopping! And the items I selected are reported to be some of this season's hottest gifts. Mom is getting a small chest freezer, a mere 7 cubic feet. She is a child of the Great Depression and stocks food as if the WPA just started a new project in town.

My brother and sister-in-law are getting a patio heater. Fueled by propane, this heater should extend their patio season by six weeks both in Spring and Autumn.

My nephew Jhett is getting a custom wooden box (we won't call it a jewelry box) to house his collection of gold plated chains.

Only the mutts, Daisy and my brother's dog Teddy remain ungifted so far. Both are spoiled rotten, but still deserve a little something for Christmas.

Tomorrow night I'll screen the 1931 Bela Lugosi Dracula at Movie Night. Next Thursday, the first after the coming election, I chose the prophetically titled Shadow of a Doubt. May it be so.

Yes, but no! :) Without snow it's still an autumn, at least till the 7th of November. Offsource, now it's a forbidden holiday and so on, but it's one of greatest holiday of country, where I was born and why I cannot celebrate it, remembering some pictures from my childhood? :)

It isn't Halloween yet, and there is 9 inches of snow piled in the big whisky barrel planter outside our back door. We are predicted to have a warmer & dryer winter than usual due to a strong La Nina in the Pacific. It won't get above freezing today. If this is warmer & dryer, I don't think I want normal. :)
Imagine the snowfall levels if the ground had already been frozen............ Back up to 60 by the weekend.

Brrr, time to stock portwein and vodka! :)

It isn't Halloween yet, and there is 9 inches of snow piled in the big whisky barrel planter outside our back door. We are predicted to have a warmer & dryer winter than usual due to a strong La Nina in the Pacific. It won't get above freezing today. If this is warmer & dryer, I don't think I want normal. :)
Imagine the snowfall levels if the ground had already been frozen............ Back up to 60 by the weekend.

Today it's 43 degrees (fahrenheit) and most of the snow is already melted.

Today it's 43 degrees (fahrenheit) and most of the snow is already melted.

Dirty weather. Showfall is a bit preferable, I think

ElfAkFUXYAEiG1L.jpg

I hate snow, lived in deep snow lands too long. Hate winter, blah,,,, Hate Mondays too of course!

Today is "friday tomorrow", time to prepare to relax ^)

Close to Friday there. Still Thursday morning here. As Ringel said, most of the snow has melted now--just a few patches left in shadier spots. Still lots on the mountain though. Unusually cool for this time of year. Russia starts winter on November 7? Here the winter solstice is December 21 but in truth, we consider late November to be the beginning of winter here.

I am glad we moved into the city. When we lived out on the mountain, 2000 ft higher than where we are now, the snow was measured in feet, not inches, every winter. Hombre & I really don't want snow anymore and are anxious for it to melt when we do occasionally get some.

No kidding.

Just tv-ing it tonight. Samo--,samo. Went to Wally World this morning and crocheted on a red, white and blue potholder for veteran sweetie all afternoon, painted about 40 feet of wood fence "azure lake" which is a kind of Caribbean lightblue on the northwest pasture by the road. An old Karaoke friend dropped by for chat. I guess they're meeting again, but after painting, came in and worked on the potholder. The guys worked on the floor in my small quilt fabric new steel building. Finally, the house will no longer be my storage area for charity quilts. I only put on the bottom inner border onthe little red white and blue crib quilt last night. It's time to add on the outer border. The 5 panels of red "rain" have about 70 rain strips apiece or 350 raindrop strips. The stripa are separated by thin royal blue sashes with a white shirting fabric with printed pen and ink blue leaf branches in miniature. The outer border is of red white and blue forget-me-not flowers on a white fabric ground. I've been working on it over the last three weeks. Hopefully by tomorrow night it will go on my pile of 10 quilt tops to take to my charity quilter friends. All the raindrops are flag red and many, many different fabrics from my stash of patriotic reds. Huff, puff! :)

Love yall! :huddle:

I hate snow, lived in deep snow lands too long. Hate winter, blah,,,, Hate Mondays too of course!

Today is "friday tomorrow", time to prepare to relax ^)

Close to Friday there. Still Thursday morning here. As Ringel said, most of the snow has melted now--just a few patches left in shadier spots. Still lots on the mountain though. Unusually cool for this time of year. Russia starts winter on November 7? Here the winter solstice is December 21 but in truth, we consider late November to be the beginning of winter here.

I am glad we moved into the city. When we lived out on the mountain, 2000 ft higher than where we are now, the snow was measured in feet, not inches, every winter. Hombre & I really don't want snow anymore and are anxious for it to melt when we do occasionally get some.

Now is Friday, time to beer unlimited!!! :)
Russia starts winter on 1st December, so November is still autumn month, instead of periodic snofalls and so on.
November 7 was a main holiday of USSR, a day of revolution. I'm not a fan of USSR, but I don't like when the day, changed life of so many people tends to be forbidden. They though up new holiday of 4th November, "a day of agreement and reconciliation", but it's still a soviet practice in its worst case - to change past for the politic needs. I know, Coffee Shop is not the place to discuss politic, but I do not want it, just to speak about common life and to have some rest from politizing some aspects of life. Even the celebrating of 7th Nov - it was also a great holiday for children :)

1604091363211.png
P.S. What I want to say generally? Autumn is not only gray and hopeless time, but also a time of some holidays...

P.P.S. Including my birthday :) Now I'm 42, and still not the full professor (except the beer science, lol :)))

Snow? I think we’ve had record highs here, close to the 90s. :(

From what I've heard from Florida friends, snow is not a normal thing there. :)

LOL, that's true. But it could be cooler!

Actually, today is supposed to cool down a bit.

During cool weather to walk and to think about life a bit more comfortable, then the hot weather :)

I get hot weather most of the time in Florida. :lol:

Forum List

Back