USMB Coffee Shop IV

My brother came in with an armload of snow last night and asked about if I had seen the little, flickering lights, what are they? I suggested that they were various reflections from his headlamp. He told me they call such sparkles "pogo-nip" in Nevada. When I went out for wood this morning, I recognized the first light snow of the season. What he calls pogo-nip we call ice fog, which happens at below zero temperatures, here. Guess Brother's got his first Alaskan snow and I'll be going back to work in the same...

Hi, gallant, congratulations with first snow.... I think here it would not be early than decembee...

Hi, all, I've missed for this place

You all are the best!

And good to see you too Sbiker, and we love you too! Are you as locked down in Moscow with all the virus stuff as we are over here? Things were just easing up a bit and then all the cases started spiking everywhere so, we're hoping over governor doesn't completely shut us down again. This too shall pass.

And what am I doing up at 2 a.m.? I'm too old for this. So I think I'll see if I can sleep. I feel wide awake, but know I need to sleep.

So good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

You all are the best!

And good to see you too Sbiker, and we love you too! Are you as locked down in Moscow with all the virus stuff as we are over here? Things were just easing up a bit and then all the cases started spiking everywhere so, we're hoping over governor doesn't completely shut us down again. This too shall pass.

And what am I doing up at 2 a.m.? I'm too old for this. So I think I'll see if I can sleep. I feel wide awake, but know I need to sleep.

Yes, we getting "second wave" (I don't know, is it really second wave or just they hide some statistics till the september elections :)) Police already catching people without mask and gloves in subway to fine them. So,I'm working remotely, from home and so sad, because cannot visit aqua-center, lol...
Hope, you're right and it would be right till the vaccination... Some friends already got COVID and told, it's very unpleasant thing...

You all are the best!

Yes, we getting "second wave" (I don't know, is it really second wave or just they hide some statistics till the september elections :)) Police already catching people without mask and gloves in subway to fine them. So,I'm working remotely, from home and so sad, because cannot visit aqua-center, lol...
Hope, you're right and it would be right till the vaccination... Some friends already got COVID and told, it's very unpleasant thing...

LOL. You sound like us. And yes, we have lost one cousin most likely to COVID and some other friends & relatives have been very ill while most have mild symptoms or no discernable symptoms. No way to know how it's going to go.

My brother came in with an armload of snow last night and asked about if I had seen the little, flickering lights, what are they? I suggested that they were various reflections from his headlamp. He told me they call such sparkles "pogo-nip" in Nevada. When I went out for wood this morning, I recognized the first light snow of the season. What he calls pogo-nip we call ice fog, which happens at below zero temperatures, here. Guess Brother's got his first Alaskan snow and I'll be going back to work in the same...

Hi, gallant, congratulations with first snow.... I think here it would not be early than decembee...
Hello, Sbiker! Long time, no see here. How are things in your part of the world?

Well, Brother left this morning. He flew into Sacramento to visit with my baby sister, who will drive him home to Nevada tomorrow. I go back to work, light duty only, Monday. I still have so much to do around the place here and my brother did a whole lot of things to help, but I still need time to get things done. I'll be working days, Mon-Fri, which is probably the worst schedule for me.
I hope y'all are doing well and getting ready for winter.

Does anyone know of a safe link where I can download the last version of Microsoft Encarta ?
I am scared to download it from an unknown site, because I might get ransomware. The last edition is 2009.

Edit: here is the online encyclopedia Britannica. Encyclopedia Britannica

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a safe link where I can download the last version of Microsoft Encarta ?
I am scared to download it from an unknown site, because I might get ransomware. The last edition is 2009.

Not familiar with that program at all Dajjal. Sorry. Hopefully somebody will know.

You all are the best!

LOL. You sound like us. And yes, we have lost one cousin most likely to COVID and some other friends & relatives have been very ill while most have mild symptoms or no discernable symptoms. No way to know how it's going to go.

It's really hard epidemy, no one knows, how and when it will end. But what else we do except to keep positive mood? :) Just take a cup of coffee, some chocolate and a bit of good music...

Hello, Sbiker! Long time, no see here. How are things in your part of the world?

Thanks, excellent... Hmm, maybe not so excellent, but the world around us just a mirror of our wishes, yeah? :)

Personally I would NOT download it given it's age and the fact you can't find it on any known, reputable sites.

Personally I would NOT download it given it's age and the fact you can't find it on any known, reputable sites.

Yes, I came to that conclusion myself. I am not going to attempt to download it.

Good Monday morning, all. Supposed to get a steel building today to get storage for my little charity quilting habit. It was making it hard to get around in the mansion. <giggle>
Good Morning greetings, Beau! I wish I could afford a nice steel building, perhaps later. Right now, I'm happy to have gotten some roof on the barn, combined with tarps stapled on the frame, I now have a decent place to store some hay. Better ventilation and access than trying to drag it out from under tarps on the truck. Brother and I will be getting another truck load of hay and he'll stack it for me. By the time I need more hay, I should be doing much better with the hip.
My brother has expressed an interest in quilting. I'm a poor guide, at best, and we've had little time. I told him about you. If you think you might want to take on an apprentice, let me know.
The first time I entered the "nice steel building", a wasp was busy by the door and taking advantage of the mud floor. We have been going back and forth to Tractor Supply and Home Depot getting professional supplies to build its first flooring starting with a plastic sheeting base to put a 2x4 treated timbers skeleton to host a plywood base and some kind of rubberized flooring tiles down since they do not carry rolls of lineoleum that I was accustomed to in years past that are easier in the legs than the large ceramic tiles in my present kitchen of 11 years.

Wow, it's sweaty warm in here our first winter weather, a damp 55F chill outdoors. It doesn't usually get this cool before Christmas, and it's before Hallowe'en, too.
/complaints

It isn't Halloween yet, and there is 9 inches of snow piled in the big whisky barrel planter outside our back door. We are predicted to have a warmer & dryer winter than usual due to a strong La Nina in the Pacific. It won't get above freezing today. If this is warmer & dryer, I don't think I want normal. :)

It isn't Halloween yet, and there is 9 inches of snow piled in the big whisky barrel planter outside our back door. We are predicted to have a warmer & dryer winter than usual due to a strong La Nina in the Pacific. It won't get above freezing today. If this is warmer & dryer, I don't think I want normal. :)
Imagine the snowfall levels if the ground had already been frozen............ Back up to 60 by the weekend.

Autumn ended today. The rain has washed the leaves from the trees. And now we face the hard facts of the coming winter. Skeletal branches and drab lawns are our bill of fare until Spring. There is nothing left to envy me for living in the Crotch of the Tri-State area until the tulips bloom.

But you can envy me for this. I have completed my Christmas shopping! And the items I selected are reported to be some of this season's hottest gifts. Mom is getting a small chest freezer, a mere 7 cubic feet. She is a child of the Great Depression and stocks food as if the WPA just started a new project in town.

My brother and sister-in-law are getting a patio heater. Fueled by propane, this heater should extend their patio season by six weeks both in Spring and Autumn.

My nephew Jhett is getting a custom wooden box (we won't call it a jewelry box) to house his collection of gold plated chains.

Only the mutts, Daisy and my brother's dog Teddy remain ungifted so far. Both are spoiled rotten, but still deserve a little something for Christmas.

Tomorrow night I'll screen the 1931 Bela Lugosi Dracula at Movie Night. Next Thursday, the first after the coming election, I chose the prophetically titled Shadow of a Doubt. May it be so.

Forum List

Back