USMB Coffee Shop IV

EkU0AlEXYAYX2ch.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Mindful and healing for her shoulder.
Good results for Nosmo King 's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.
Beautress for wellness.
Corazon for wellness.
For gallantwarrior for continued healing & successful rehab and, as a bonus, the partner goes away.
Ringel, Peach, Gracie, everybody dealing with depression and adjustment.
Mindful's daughter diagnosed with cancer.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they do.

When words or understanding escape us, sometimes all we can do is give ourselves to a higher power and wait.
1602742966649.png

Just heard that my daughter has cervical cancer, in lockdown England.

No parent wants to hear that from their child.

Trying to digest it.
I know the shock you're going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thanks Ringel.

I hope they’ve caught it in time.

In the meantime, I’ve “escaped” to another daughter, in the land of Aphrodite.

And to anyone thinking of flying, don’t!

I couldn’t make it up. :08621:

We didn't eat many racoons when I was a kid but 'possums and squirrels were on the menu.

Haven't had pussom but got one eating my chicken eggs, I may!

Honestly, coon is awesome. Much worth a try. I also love groundhog woodchuck but they aren't bothering anything so I leave them be. Brown tasty meat on coons, like the googoo comes out a roast beef when you cook it.

We didn't eat many racoons when I was a kid but 'possums and squirrels were on the menu.

Haven't had pussom but got one eating my chicken eggs, I may!

Honestly, coon is awesome. Much worth a try. I also love groundhog woodchuck but they aren't bothering anything so I leave them be. Brown tasty meat on coons, like the googoo comes out a roast beef when you cook it.
I've had beaver and porcupine up here. Both are pretty flavorful and an acquired taste. Have to peel the beaver tail like you would if you were preparing moose tongue.

Pretty day here. But we've gotten our first hard freeze and working outdoors will become more challenging. Staying warm indoors is a challenge, too. My propane stove gave up last week. Thing must have been at least 40 years old and the manufacturer has been out of business for more than 20 years. My brother helped me buy a new one yesterday. We'll pick it up Tuesday and get it installed. More modern technology and lacking all the problems that aging had inflicted on the old one. Biggest challenge will be moving the old cast iron stove out and moving the new one into the house. I think with a dolly, some ramps and straps we should be able to wrestle the monster where it needs to be. Brother also helped me install a new stove pipe on the wood burning stove. It's amazing how well it draws!
My brother is leaving Saturday, a week from now. I will dearly miss him. He's been good company and great help but he needs to get home and I need to take up more of my own care. Looks like I'll be going back to work in another week, too. 0730-1520, Mon-Fri, is going to kill me. I am just not accustomed to that kind of schedule. It also means that I won't see my goats in daylight or be able to do errands on the way home like I am accustomed to doing.
I hope this fine Saturday is good for all my CS friends. Best wishes and hopes for all of you.

Strange ! my post 66,990 of the upside down plates seems to always be the right side up now. I try scrolling down to the picture to see if I can see the plates upside down again like I did the first time I saw it. But now they are always the right way up; Anybody else find this?

Strange ! my post 66,990 of the upside down plates seems to always be the right side up now. I try scrolling down to the picture to see if I can see the plates upside down again like I did the first time I saw it. But now they are always the right way up; Anybody else find this?
Still works for me most of the time...

Still works for me most of the time...
Strange isn't it. It must have an effect on the brain. How anyone came up with it I don't know.

Just a quick dispatch from the Crotch of the Tri-State.

It's my favorite time of year. The air is crisp. It's hoodie weather. We've had our typical amount of rain since August, but our quota of 60 clear, cloudless skies per year is made up between mid September and late October. The rest is a scattershot through the summer and whatever the Good Lord permits.

The Apple crop is top notch this year. Due to our topography, cropland is best served growing a fruit crop. Strawberries in the late Spring, peaches and nectarines in mid summer and apples of every variety in the Autumn. No prairie or the billiard table flatness of northwestern Ohio.

I took Mom, her 87th birthday is in February, up to Peace Valley Orchards. Nestled in the north central part of Columbiana County, Peace Valley innovators have created their signature Apple, the Buckeye Gala. And it's like eating a glass of cold, sweet cider.

I voted early this year in person at the county Board of Elections. I wish I could have taken pictures. The masks, the hand sanitizer, the cool iPhone gizmo that took my temperature. It was historic. It deserves to be documented.

Meanwhile, a socially distanced and fully masked Movie Night at the East Liverpool Area Community and Learning Center is thriving! Last Thursday I screened All the King's Men as part of the Politics in the Movies month. The movie proves the more thing change, the more they stay the same.

And so we beat on, like boats against the current. I wish I had said that first.

Last edited:

Same here. Once you see them right side up it is difficult to see them any other way.

Forum List

Back