USMB Coffee Shop IV

I am 68 years old today. I feel 115 but my mind feels 35. Took a shower and as I was shaving my legs I saw something. What the fuck is that? I asked myself. So I peered alittle closer, fucking up my back while holding on to the handicap rails installed in the tub, and gasped. omg. VARICOSE VEINS!!! :mad:

More potassium (almonds, pistachios lentils, potatoes, tuna, salmon etc.), some good OTC lotions for that can help, and, when the weather cools off, compression socks. Does wonders and sometimes makes them go away. Exercise also helps when you're able.

I can relate to being a young person with all the ambitions, hopes, dreams, caring, passion that young people blessedly without the emotional roller coaster of a young person, trapped in an 'old lady's' body. My get up and go is as good as ever, but my ability and stamina is a bit diminished. But it's all good.

And of course:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
1602433441808.png

Last edited:
Howdy all. Yesterday, mr. boe and I had lunch with one of our nieces at the cafe where my folks used to frequently dine. It was sweet, but also sad. Quite a few of the staff came by to say hello and that they missed mom and dad. They even remembered what mom used to order (the same freaking meal every time). I miss them both so much.

It is nice, however, to see a restaurant open and busy here at Ground Zero of Newsollini Shutdown Madness. I'm so tired of this Covid Con, but that is for another area of the board.
Good luck with the "Covid Con" (I love that). We've been freed of the hoax seems like forever. So nice that others remember your Mom and Dad, though. They were real people.

Howdy all. Yesterday, mr. boe and I had lunch with one of our nieces at the cafe where my folks used to frequently dine. It was sweet, but also sad. Quite a few of the staff came by to say hello and that they missed mom and dad. They even remembered what mom used to order (the same freaking meal every time). I miss them both so much.

It is nice, however, to see a restaurant open and bust here at Ground Zero of Newsollini Shutdown Madness. I'm so tired of this Covid Con, but that is for another area of the board.

I know what you mean Boe. And I think we can all agree that we're hating this virus but also the lockdowns that are hurting so many now without bringing politics into it.
I work in the aviation industry and see first hand how badly this hurts people. A real shame.

RE: USMB Coffee Shop IV
⁜→ et al,

I don't say much in this part of the forum, because I don't know much... But here is my Two-Cents worth...

BLUF: As much as we would like to stand above the fray, politically speaking, the current outcome is a product of poor leadership inside the Beltway... As a nation and as a people, we CANNOT SAY Americans they are doing all they can → or did all they could → to solve the COVID-19 Dilemma
(either as a people, as a nation, or as a world leader doing the right thing).

It is nice, however, to see a restaurant open and bust here at Ground Zero of Newsollini Shutdown Madness. I'm so tired of this Covid Con, but that is for another area of the board.
I know what you mean Boe. And I think we can all agree that we're hating this virus but also the lockdowns that are hurting so many now without bringing politics into it.
I work in the aviation industry and see first hand how badly this hurts people. A real shame.
(COMMENT)

The single greatest effort necessary for the survival of our nation in the last 100 years was the
Research and Development Undertaking to deploy a nuclear fission weapon. We call that effort, The Manhatten Project. From the inception (1942) to the deployment (1945), was about three years. Last January, the initial signs of the Pandemic hit the world stage. America has yet to marshal the necessary assets (both public and private resources) to crank-up an R&D Effort to meet the challenge. In fact, I'm not sure that anyone has actually started talking about a Manhatten Style project to attack the problem from every aspect and with every resource.

No one has any right to complain about how adverse the effects of the pandemic have been on our nation. We simply don't have the right kind of leadership with the right kind of interest in the people.

But just so you understand where the resources potentials are in the world...

Drugs sorted by country of origin.jpg

Before we talk about how bad it is, let's first talk about what we've done to rectify the problem for America and the World.

(OK, it is just a penny's worth.)

SIGIL PAIR.png
Most Respectfully,

R

Last edited:
Caught raccoon number 40 last night in the live trap. He’s a scrappy young guy who wants out. Will relocate him after I have another cup of coffee.
I almost miss those scrappy little guys. We have our own critters up here, though. Brother spotted a pine marten a couple of days ago and now we're missing another hen. At least 'coons didn't take my birds.

I almost miss those scrappy little guys. We have our own critters up here, though. Brother spotted a pine marten a couple of days ago and now we're missing another hen. At least 'coons didn't take my birds.

I have, darn coons! Got one of my fav roos couple years ago. I had martin and more like it in Maine. I sure liked watching them. Red squirrels didn't have a chance.

I also NEVER relocate anything. Where ever you let them go there is already a balanced population and territory. It causes a mess in the area. Got a coon problem, shoot them.
Want an example? Clean out all the gangs in the Bronz and move them to Brooklynn and let them all mingle. Get it?

I have, darn coons! Got one of my fav roos couple years ago. I had martin and more like it in Maine. I sure liked watching them. Red squirrels didn't have a chance.

I also NEVER relocate anything. Where ever you let them go there is already a balanced population and territory. It causes a mess in the area. Got a coon problem, shoot them.
Want an example? Clean out all the gangs in the Bronz and move them to Brooklynn and let them all mingle. Get it?
Illegal to relocate them in Ohio...

RE: Raccoons
⁜→ SFC Ollie,

Yeah, I think I know what you mean...

(COMMENT)

But then I wouldn't know how to safely trap, cage, and transport a raccoon in the first place. I only ever hunted things that shoot back.

My wife is from Kenton Ohio
(Home of the National Coondog Trails). She knows more about it than I'll ever know.

SIGIL PAIR.png
Most Respectfully,
R

RE: USMB Coffee Shop IV
⁜→ et al,

I don't say much in this part of the forum, because I don't know much... But here is my Two-Cents worth...

BLUF: As much as we would like to stand above the fray, politically speaking, the current outcome is a product of poor leadership inside the Beltway... As a nation and as a people, we CANNOT SAY Americans they are doing all they can → or did all they could → to solve the COVID-19 Dilemma
(either as a people, as a nation, or as a world leader doing the right thing).

(COMMENT)

The single greatest effort necessary for the survival of our nation in the last 100 years was the
Research and Development Undertaking to deploy a nuclear fission weapon. We call that effort, The Manhatten Project. From the inception (1942) to the deployment (1945), was about three years. Last January, the initial signs of the Pandemic hit the world stage. America has yet to marshal the necessary assets (both public and private resources) to crank-up an R&D Effort to meet the challenge. In fact, I'm not sure that anyone has actually started talking about a Manhatten Style project to attack the problem from every aspect and with every resource.

No one has any right to complain about how adverse the effects of the pandemic have been on our nation. We simply don't have the right kind of leadership with the right kind of interest in the people.

But just so you understand where the resources potentials are in the world...
Before we talk about how bad it is, let's first talk about what we've done to rectify the problem for America and the World.

(OK, it is just a penny's worth.)

SIGIL PAIR.png
Most Respectfully,

R
I remember Rocco from the old C-SPAN board...Awesome post, old bud.

RE: Raccoons
⁜→ SFC Ollie,

Yeah, I think I know what you mean...

(COMMENT)

But then I wouldn't know how to safely trap, cage, and transport a raccoon in the first place. I only ever hunted things that shoot back.

My wife is from Kenton Ohio
(Home of the National Coondog Trails). She knows more about it than I'll ever know.

SIGIL PAIR.png
Most Respectfully,
R
Don't need to trap, cage, or transport. Shoot and skin them, they make great Christmas gifts that way.

Forum List

Back