USMB Coffee Shop IV

Iā€™ve just phoned the bike shop I ordered my bike from a couple of months ago.
The guy on the other end took 5 minutes to come back to the phone with information, he told me my bike isnā€™t even in the shop, but last week I was told it was definitely being delivered to the shop on the 17th which was yesterday.
Disappointment has kicked in. I Feel miserable. :(
I hereby decree that Mr. Roy Batty shall treat himself to one hour in the best workout place in his neighborhood on a stationery bike to keep his legs in shape while those who withheld his bike get their act together and fix the bike and deliver it to Mr. Batty's front door forthwith or have their online complaint box messages quadruple every day for 10 days! :biggrin:
:clap:

Iā€™ve been suffering with this shoulder neck pain for 2 weeks, I think I injured myself carrying some 4ā€ diameter steel pipe Iā€™d been working on.
Its a dull ache, Iā€™m miserable with it, grumpy, instead of me being rather a happy chappy Iā€™m reduced to being quiet and tetchy.

Just made a cuppa Joe, but am now filling a de.itasse that was likely made a century ago in Sweden. Each European country seems to have a way with porcelain, and some of my health issues require reducing caffeine intake. I'm fond of the Swedish cup because it is painted with pretty summer flowers on a deep European red set off by a lovely turquoise band. Also, it is a tad larger than other demitasses manufactured across the Atlantic, in keeping with the size of Scandinavians. They are a tall and robust tribe, full of adventure yet loving homes filled with the scent of delicious breads that waft from Nordic kitchens. I love this cup, and the coffee,s on, yea! Oh, yes I love my small collection of demitasse cups. Never figured I'd someday actually be using them.

EiXP0zAVkAAlaJR.jpg

Ha ! two celebrities have commented on my posts on twitter today. William Shatner responded to a post I made to him. which makes the third time he has answered me. Also Professor David Canter replied to me about a comment I made concerning one of his books.

Well Iā€™ve managed to get a flight - Covid permitting.

Canā€™t go West, so it will be the eastern Mediterranean. Where I can reunite with two of my children.

Sometimes one can emerge from a dark place into the sunshine. :)

Happy you at least found a light at the end of a tunnel that wasn't a train. :)

Ha ! two celebrities have commented on my posts on twitter today. William Shatner responded to a post I made to him. which makes the third time he has answered me. Also Professor David Canter replied to me about a comment I made concerning one of his books.

I knew sooner or later the Coffee Shop could boast about a celebrity among us. :)

The guy on the other end took 5 minutes to come back to the phone with information, he told me my bike isnā€™t even in the shop, but last week I was told it was definitely being delivered to the shop on the 17th which was yesterday.
I hereby decree that Mr. Roy Batty shall treat himself to one hour in the best workout place in his neighborhood on a stationery bike to keep his legs in shape while those who withheld his bike get their act together and fix the bike and deliver it to Mr. Batty's front door forthwith or have their online complaint box messages quadruple every day for 10 days! :biggrin:

What Beautress said. Hombre (Mr. Foxfyre) doesn't bend well anymore and sometimes getting up and down becomes very difficult for him. So he ordered one of those benches that lets you work on things closer to the ground and then get up again. That was months ago and it never came. They kept his money of course. Lesson learned--don't order stuff you see on Facebook or other sites you don't know whether you can trust. And it was a reminder that there are three kinds of people: Those who are competent, those who aren't, and those who simply don't care and/or will cheat you.
I have found that paying with paypal works to weed out the crooks....

I always use Paypal if I don't trust the vendor. But even Paypal can't help in the case of vendors who keep the money and don't send the merchandise you paid for. And the amounts are usually too small to take legal action. All you can do is maybe give them a bad rating but the really fly by night outfits could care less about that.

Was able to fly my middle daughter and her guy to Detroit from Denver round trip two weeks ago for a total of $141 round trip for both. With the China Bogeyman virus Spirit had cheap flight and we have not seen her in person since last December. My stress levels dropped a lot.

Yes. Mindful of course is across the pond where circumstances can be very different from here. But we have noticed some great fares available to us now that we have no place we need to go.

Welcome to the Coffee Shop bluzman61. Happy you decided to stop in and hope you'll make it a regular practice. Please read over the OP to see what we're all about in here and keep on dropping in. First timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage, high octane or benign as you prefer:

1600618942169.png

Welcome to the Coffee Shop bluzman61. Happy you decided to stop in and hope you'll make it a regular practice. Please read over the OP to see what we're all about in here and keep on dropping in. First timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage, high octane or benign as you prefer:

View attachment 390962
:thankusmile:

Canā€™t go West, so it will be the eastern Mediterranean. Where I can reunite with two of my children.

Safe journey, Mindful. We have a little hurricane that is supposed to dump yet more rain starting at sunset and going due east after it has unburdened itself, bucket by bucket. So prayers up for fair weather and a lovely reunion with your children. :huddle:

Been live trapping critters that have been trying to overtake my domain. After I catch them I relocate them to a more appropriate area for them to wander around in. So far the count is 31 raccoons, 4 possums and 1 skunk. just a tip... if you ever catch a skunk in a live trap treat him very kindly!

What Foxfire said, bluzman! Glad to have you visiting the coffee shop and hope it gets to be a great place that provides neutrality and peace to all and that you'll appreciate Foxfire's irreplaceable gift to the USMBoards.
Been live trapping critters that have been trying to overtake my domain. After I catch them I relocate them to a more appropriate area for them to wander around in. So far the count is 31 raccoons, 4 possums and 1 skunk. just a tip... if you ever catch a skunk in a live trap treat him very kindly!
I gather there's more to this skunk story than has been told..
<giggle>
Good to see you. BBD!

What Foxfire said, bluzman! Glad to have you visiting the coffee shop and hope it gets to be a great place that provides neutrality and peace to all and that you'll appreciate Foxfire's irreplaceable gift to the USMBoards.
I gather there's more to this skunk story than has been told..
<giggle>
Good to see you. BBD!
Skunks!
I feel I should share this, many years ago i was working at a very large RAF camp in England, villages around the camp provided the entertainment and watering holes for the service people there.
A pub owner let me stay on his land, he even got the regulars of the pub to push my caravan into a stretch of pub land, I returned the favour by buying ales for them.
Over the weeks and months there I became one on the single Male locals.
On one Thursday night a hen do came into the pub, they noticed me and took a shine to me, in so many words.
Suffice to say at the end of the night I had sex with the bride getting married. We enjoyed it, we went for it and both knew what we were doing. At the end of the night she kissed me, looked me in the eyes and said ā€œalways remember me!ā€
Remembering those words said to me Iā€™ve always felt a skunk for doing the deed to a bride to be married. Should I?

Safe journey, Mindful. We have a little hurricane that is supposed to dump yet more rain starting at sunset and going due east after it has unburdened itself, bucket by bucket. So prayers up for fair weather and a lovely reunion with your children. :huddle:

Does not look like a favorable storm track for your parts Beautress. Prayers for tolerable rainfall and a hasty exit of the storm.

Couple of weeks yet. And anything could happen, the strange times we are living in.

Forum List

Back