USMB Coffee Shop IV

Don’t know about you Fox but we’ve been without power now since yesterday at 4pm. Trying this on my cell phone. I keep getting PNM alerts constantly pushing the repair completion back. The last eat one said 5am tomorrow.........

Holy cow. No, we haven't had any power outages in this area that I know of. That's not acceptable though. Have they said what caused the black out?
The wind storm two days ago,apparently they’re overwhelmed.

Just noticed a feedline to my neighbor’s house had snapped off and is resting on their patio roof. Let them know and they are calling PNM.

Don’t know about you Fox but we’ve been without power now since yesterday at 4pm. Trying this on my cell phone. I keep getting PNM alerts constantly pushing the repair completion back. The last eat one said 5am tomorrow.........

Holy cow. No, we haven't had any power outages in this area that I know of. That's not acceptable though. Have they said what caused the black out?
The wind storm two days ago,apparently they’re overwhelmed.
All the electric cables for my area are underground, so not affected by storms. But every few years there is a burnout in the cables, as they are very old and not designed for the amount of current they now have to carry. The last time it took them 3 days to dig up the road and replace the burnt cable.
It did not affect me much but people who stored frozen food in freezers lost all their food.

Just noticed a feedline to my neighbor’s house had snapped off and is resting on their patio roof. Let them know and they are calling PNM.

Yes, we had strong winds but not the near hurricane force that you folks closer to the canyon got. And like Dajjal's place, I think all the utilities around here are underground.

Just heard from shirt tail relatives that live just outside Portland. They've been ordered to evacuate due to approaching fire. Fortunately they have a friend with a ranch far enough outside the fire zone they can go there and won't have to go to a shelter when they can't get a motel room, etc.

We've been really fortunate in New Mexico this year. We get the usual scatter of wildfires usually started by lightning, but this year they've been able to contain them & loss of structures or threat to any communities has been minimal. And the smoke has been annoying at times, but nowhere near as bad as it has been in recent years.

Did some cleaning in the Garage last week. One of maybe twice a year I have more than one trash can out for collection. Because of the holiday weekend we had an extra day of trash and we decided to clean out the o;d venison from the freezer... It was at least 4 years old. Wouldn't you know they forgot to empty that container... I'm sure the neighbors are appreciating the stench by now...

Yes, we had strong winds but not the near hurricane force that you folks closer to the canyon got. And like Dajjal's place, I think all the utilities around here are underground.
Well, finally the power is back on. The crews showed up around 8pm, told them what was going on that it was most likely a transformer. Five minute later the power was back on, all they had to do was reset the transformer. I'm so grateful! When I want to play 18th and 19th century I do it out of choice not enforced at home......

I am so far behind but felt a need to check in and say "hi!". I'm around but busier than a one-legged guy in a but kicking contest, trying to get stuff done before my hip replacement next week. The barn roof is still not done and I have to anchor the new stove pipe in place, among many, many other projects not done. I've also been informed that I will be provided in-home therapy for at least the first two weeks, so I have to get the house acceptable clean. Crap, so much to do, no time left!!! I will have plenty of time starting next week. I suppose y'all will get sick of me in short order.

The project list never ends. Speedy recovery on the hip, sounds very painful. I took a vaccine against gallantwarrior.

In short...there is no place to escape to. Cali is surrounded by fire. At least at the coast, they can all head to the ocean. Sand can burn, but it takes a lot of heat. And the ocean is accessible even if you have to wade out there. Those with no water sources like lakes and whatnot...I feel bad for them. Where I am, there is a very large lake. If push came to shove, that is where I would head along with everyone else I presume. Or some will try to drive out. At least here, we have more than 2 ways out. But even then...where CAN we go being surrounded?

Pray for a big rainstorm without lightening.

Keep breathing, this may be one time a storm in your life is helpful.

Just heard from shirt tail relatives that live just outside Portland. They've been ordered to evacuate due to approaching fire. Fortunately they have a friend with a ranch far enough outside the fire zone they can go there and won't have to go to a shelter when they can't get a motel room, etc.

We've been really fortunate in New Mexico this year. We get the usual scatter of wildfires usually started by lightning, but this year they've been able to contain them & loss of structures or threat to any communities has been minimal. And the smoke has been annoying at times, but nowhere near as bad as it has been in recent years.

Wild fire trying to out do the rioters...who knew?

Well, finally the power is back on. The crews showed up around 8pm, told them what was going on that it was most likely a transformer. Five minute later the power was back on, all they had to do was reset the transformer. I'm so grateful! When I want to play 18th and 19th century I do it out of choice not enforced at home......

Seems like there would be an invention that could detect a need for a transformer reset. I expect you to have a patent by Tuesday Ringel.

I am so far behind but felt a need to check in and say "hi!". I'm around but busier than a one-legged guy in a but kicking contest, trying to get stuff done before my hip replacement next week. The barn roof is still not done and I have to anchor the new stove pipe in place, among many, many other projects not done. I've also been informed that I will be provided in-home therapy for at least the first two weeks, so I have to get the house acceptable clean. Crap, so much to do, no time left!!! I will have plenty of time starting next week. I suppose y'all will get sick of me in short order.

The project list never ends. Speedy recovery on the hip, sounds very painful. I took a vaccine against gallantwarrior.

saveliberty !!! Soooo happy to see you. I knew you were taking a hiatus from the board, but I missed you and happy you chimed in. :)

Wild fire trying to out do the rioters...who knew?

You do wonder how much misery one small area of the country can take for sure.

I am happy you finally have power again, but if it was something so simple to fix, you would think they would have checked that out and taken care of it first? I think I would be a bit angry at this point. Maybe not. But again, happy you finally have power.

Saveliberty's post made me go back and reread this. I completely missed the part about your hip replacement next week. So FINALLY you're going to get some relief? I'm so happy for you IF your partner stays far far away. You will have someone there to help you with the goats, etc.?

I am happy you finally have power again, but if it was something so simple to fix, you would think they would have checked that out and taken care of it first? I think I would be a bit angry at this point. Maybe not. But again, happy you finally have power.
Oh I was frustrated and pissed but I also understand just how this simple mistakes can be made at 0-dark thirty in the morning if a crew had been going at it all day and still had more to do. It's easy to overlook something while thinking you've already done it. One downed powerline repair blends into the next especially if one is tired.

I’ve just heard. That friend I mentioned. She died yesterday.

I’m trying to process it right now.

So sorry Mindful. We just lost a cousin who one day we were told was recovering in the hospital and expected to be discharged soon. The next day he was gone. We didn't know him but were close to some in his family. And unexpected deaths like that are especially traumatic. Prayers for you and the family.

I’ve just heard. That friend I mentioned. She died yesterday.

I’m trying to process it right now.

So sorry Mindful. We just lost a cousin who one day we were told was recovering in the hospital and expected to be discharged soon. The next day he was gone. We didn't know him but were close to some in his family. And unexpected deaths like that are especially traumatic. Prayers for you and the family.

When you think, you’re never going to see that person again,

Looking back over the months, I must have been watching her die, without really realising it. Her gradual deterioration and confusion. Yet still hoping for the best.

Forum List

Back