USMB Coffee Shop IV

Still wrestling with this. I have time to figure it out. Couple of months, at least. I think. Hell, could be next week for all I know. Been waiting 5 years now and we were next, but...a veteran applied and now we have been kicked back again. He comes first. Which is fine with me. He deserves it.

Anyway....I dunno. Foxy made sense too..to give her a chance. But I KNOW she is going to hate it. Plus its a 6 hour drive. Can her health deal with that? Plus being locked up FOREVER inside a 530 sq ft apartment? FOREVER? She loves it outside so very much. I think I have come to at least two choices...take her and hope she doesn't die on the trip or soon after with a flareup when she is doing so well now......OR...leave her behind and make arrangements with John, my neighbor, to feed her. I will gladly send her a case of cat food via amazon whenever he needs it...and I will pay for him to take her to the vet when its her time if she is sick, looks sick, acts sick and I am not here to soothe her.

Then again..I might change my mind again. Sigh.

My friend Anne, she said leave her with John, that I would be doing her no favors putting her in prison forever. Shes an alley cat. She can take her chances along with the rest of the alley cats that roam this alley. She is not being mean saying that...she is pretending to be Abby. She asked me what I THINK Abby would say if I asked her what I should do. I think Abby would say....leave me here. But I'm not a cat and I am not Abby and I am selfish and I want her with me BUT I don't want her miserable either and she will be if I lock her ass up. No place to walk her either if we go back to beach. Small complex, not seniors...its everyone of any age. No private garden, patio or balconey. Just a box to die in...not far from the beach. Where would I take her to walk on a leash? It would freak her out.

I just think when the time comes, you'll know what you need to do both for you and for Abby. Until then, I wouldn't worry about it and enjoy her.
I know. I'm stressing myself way ahead of time. So...I'll try to do as you suggest and just enjoy her for now and worry about it later once I get to Tara. Sorry, had to toss that in there.:
;)

Still wrestling with this. I have time to figure it out. Couple of months, at least. I think. Hell, could be next week for all I know. Been waiting 5 years now and we were next, but...a veteran applied and now we have been kicked back again. He comes first. Which is fine with me. He deserves it.

Anyway....I dunno. Foxy made sense too..to give her a chance. But I KNOW she is going to hate it. Plus its a 6 hour drive. Can her health deal with that? Plus being locked up FOREVER inside a 530 sq ft apartment? FOREVER? She loves it outside so very much. I think I have come to at least two choices...take her and hope she doesn't die on the trip or soon after with a flareup when she is doing so well now......OR...leave her behind and make arrangements with John, my neighbor, to feed her. I will gladly send her a case of cat food via amazon whenever he needs it...and I will pay for him to take her to the vet when its her time if she is sick, looks sick, acts sick and I am not here to soothe her.

Then again..I might change my mind again. Sigh.

My friend Anne, she said leave her with John, that I would be doing her no favors putting her in prison forever. Shes an alley cat. She can take her chances along with the rest of the alley cats that roam this alley. She is not being mean saying that...she is pretending to be Abby. She asked me what I THINK Abby would say if I asked her what I should do. I think Abby would say....leave me here. But I'm not a cat and I am not Abby and I am selfish and I want her with me BUT I don't want her miserable either and she will be if I lock her ass up. No place to walk her either if we go back to beach. Small complex, not seniors...its everyone of any age. No private garden, patio or balconey. Just a box to die in...not far from the beach. Where would I take her to walk on a leash? It would freak her out.

I just think when the time comes, you'll know what you need to do both for you and for Abby. Until then, I wouldn't worry about it and enjoy her.
I know. I'm stressing myself way ahead of time. So...I'll try to do as you suggest and just enjoy her for now and worry about it later once I get to Tara. Sorry, had to toss that in there.:
;)

That's how I do everything, Gracie. :lol: I stress, and most of the time the stress turns out to have been for no reason.

I tend to think cats will adapt to wherever they live. Sure, she might try getting outside if she's stuck in an apartment, but I think she'll probably learn to be comfortable pretty quickly if that's the situation.

Gracie, I wish I have the perfect answer to your dilemma, I don't. The best I can offer is pray over it and hopefully the answer will come from the source more wise than any of us.
I know I haven't been around much, a lot on my mind and I honestly find it hard to talk about what we're going through. Been trying to get things done but not having much luck. The wife and I did finally sit down and talk for a long time, helped both of us. She's reaching that acceptance stage in the grieving process, what level of suffering is acceptable just to get a few extra months of life. The VA has the Beacon Clinic, they've given me the number to see if they can help with my grieving process, we'll see.
Thank you all for being at least a sounding board and offering moral support. God bless you all.

The good things in life:

My peonies. Photo doesn’t do them justice. They make my heart sing.

Going out later, to buy some deep crimson ones. While the season lasts.

352DE7C4-CDB1-4858-AF2C-E4B702463E54.jpeg

Gracie, I wish I have the perfect answer to your dilemma, I don't. The best I can offer is pray over it and hopefully the answer will come from the source more wise than any of us.
I know I haven't been around much, a lot on my mind and I honestly find it hard to talk about what we're going through. Been trying to get things done but not having much luck. The wife and I did finally sit down and talk for a long time, helped both of us. She's reaching that acceptance stage in the grieving process, what level of suffering is acceptable just to get a few extra months of life. The VA has the Beacon Clinic, they've given me the number to see if they can help with my grieving process, we'll see.
Thank you all for being at least a sounding board and offering moral support. God bless you all.

I'm sorry you and Mrs. Ringel are going through this. I don't know how to begin to offer comfort, other than to say that I hope the two of you are able to have the best time together possible for whatever time you have remaining. :huddle:

I wish there was something we could do. If there is, please call on us. You are on my critical prayer list every single day.

The good things in life:

My peonies. Photo doesn’t do them justice. They make my heart sing.

Going out later, to buy some deep crimson ones. While the season lasts.

View attachment 342813

We once had a huge bed of them at a house we lived in years ago--the former owners had planted them and they came up profusely every year. And when they bloomed they brightened the entire neighborhood. (We lived on a cul-de-sac. I just love them.

We finally put the small hummingbird feed out back a few weeks ago then noticed a couple of very destinct larger birds feeding out of it. Looked them up, the Red Bellied Woodpecker but what's interesting is one has a black crown instead of the red crown and that's not noted even for the females.
Also trying to figure out why they're named Red Bellied as their bellies are cream colored.......

Red-bellied_Woodpecker-27527.jpg

They're not a hammering type of woodpecker, they don't drill into the bark/tree, they just pick their prey off the surface of the bark. They're also quite fond of sugar water (hummingbird food).

We also have Finches and Wrens trying to drink out of the feeder.

Went to the local gun shop to buy ammo. Lots of people there purchasing guns/ammo too. I wanted some indoor houseplants but can't find a store open I feel like going to (like a s small nursery instead of walmart or home depot). Maybe the grocery store has some.

Went to the local gun shop to buy ammo. Lots of people there purchasing guns/ammo too. I wanted some indoor houseplants but can't find a store open I feel like going to (like a s small nursery instead of walmart or home depot). Maybe the grocery store has some.

We get ours at the grocery store. Funny, Hombre was out looking for ammo, both .38 & .22. this week too. Found a friendly gun shop open not too far from us and was able to get both for the first time in quite awhile.

Last edited:

We get ours at the grocery store. Funny, Hombre was out looking for ammo, both .38 & .22. this week too. Found a friendly gun shop open not too far from us and was able to get both for the first time in quite awhile.
You Americans buying ammo with your groceries: In England hand guns are totally illegal, and if you are caught with one its a mandatory five years in prison. That applies to stun guns too.

You Americans buying ammo with your groceries: In England hand guns are totally illegal, and if you are caught with one its a mandatory five years in prison. That applies to stun guns too.

No groceries at the gun shop. :) But yeah, I know our Constitution & 2nd Amendment is pretty unique among nations. But many of us figure if the bad guys out there have guns, and they do, we might need to have them too. But many would prefer there be no guns too. It's pretty much a personal preference here.

Forum List

Back