USMB Coffee Shop IV

1586056635813.png

Hi all!

Do you have a quarantine too??? As for me, the third week inside flat, at least, lets me to sleep well :)

View attachment 317579
Essential worker here. My schedule has not changed. As a matter of fact, our flight schedule has expanded as they move as much stuff out of China in airplanes instead of ships.
How do you pass your time?

Oh, this "self-isolation" become hard... Tomorrowwill be a fourth week on remote working. It's strange, but an emotion condition slowly, but getting down... Especially after info, this isolation would be till 30th of april at least... ^)
But what we could do with it?

Hi all!

Do you have a quarantine too??? As for me, the third week inside flat, at least, lets me to sleep well :)

View attachment 317579
Essential worker here. My schedule has not changed. As a matter of fact, our flight schedule has expanded as they move as much stuff out of China in airplanes instead of ships.

Oh, this "self-isolation" become hard... Tomorrowwill be a fourth week on remote working. It's strange, but an emotion condition slowly, but getting down... Especially after info, this isolation would be till 30th of april at least... ^)

It's funny. I've been going in to work as normal; I haven't worked as many hours as usual, but I'm in an essential industry. The company I work for actually does testing for the virus. I'd be happy if I could work from home. I worked from home for around 20 years, first doing data entry, then as a nanny. Most of my free time is spent on a computer or watching TV or reading, too. When a situation comes up that makes staying home important, I end up as one of the ones that doesn't stay home, while people who get bored at home easily work remotely. :p

Good grief. My post disappeared.

Oh, my gritty hands need washing after crocheting a friend a potholder all evening...and I havta make supper.

Hi, one and all. Hope you're all washing your hands a lot and staying at home as much as possible. My responsibilities have changed somewhat in the last few days. I fell for a guy at Karaoke, and he offered to help around the place here. He now has a room upstairs, and if we get along for six weeks, we may get married. We're not starting a relationship till that time, however, but when you're in your seventies and disabled, it's nice to have a companion around who's smart with farm stuff. My ball of fire days are through. I've been hobbling around with bone spurs in my heel, and he's 2 years older than me, and seems to really love the place here that is nothing but work. All that rain requires you to mow every 3 days or less, but he doesn't mind. by the time he's done with 14 acres, 3 days have passed and it's time to mow again.

Have a great evening, all. I got a hungry man who needs a meal, if I can just make it to the sink without too much foot pain... so I can wash my hands to prepare some kind of meal. So far, I struck out with several meals, because I haven't cooked for several years, but have to fix stuff now .
Good luck, Beau! It is nice to have companionship and help.
Thanks for the thumbs up, GW. Time will tell if it works out. So far, it's Mr. Clean and Ms. Disaster. :laughing0301: If he cancelled at any time, I'd not be offended.
You seem to be pretty tough and independent, doing for yourself for a while now. Maybe he thinks he's your prince in shining armor?

Hi all!

View attachment 317579

We're asking the same thing here. Of course, I have to go to work like I usually do because I am "essential" and it's very difficult to be a Boeing mechanic at home. They threatened to shut down the liquor stores and pot shops here but I guess they got smart enough not to do that. They also threatened to shut down gun stores. I suppose they might do that but most gun stores are about out of stock because most of the guns and ammo have been bought already.

Hi all!

View attachment 317579

It's funny. I've been going in to work as normal; I haven't worked as many hours as usual, but I'm in an essential industry. The company I work for actually does testing for the virus. I'd be happy if I could work from home. I worked from home for around 20 years, first doing data entry, then as a nanny. Most of my free time is spent on a computer or watching TV or reading, too. When a situation comes up that makes staying home important, I end up as one of the ones that doesn't stay home, while people who get bored at home easily work remotely. :p
Really true, that. I'd love to work from home. My weekends are pretty much "self-isolated" anyway. There's a reason people live out in the woods, off-grid, and miles away from their neighbors.

Hi all. Been trying to stay busy, wanting to finish some projects but dealing with some physical issues lately. My right shoulder acted up a while ago but it seems to slowly be getting better, very slowly. Then about a week ago I developed what is called trigger thumb (inflammation of the tendons), the thumb pops whenever I move it, it's painful so I wear a thumb brace. Wouldn't be so bad except that it's my right side and I'm right handed.........
I was able to hang the traverse rod over the sliding door for the wife but have to take it back down to convert it to a one way slide. Over the last couple of days I've been creating mixed music CDs in between trying to clean up and finish other daily chores, at least the ones I can do.
Gizmo has developed what appears to be a neurological problem with his back left leg causing his to limp heavily. Before we got him on some medication he could only drag is left leg and would hide all day long, wouldn't even eat. He's doing much better.
Some potentially good news, while this round of chemo is wiping her out she has felt some "burning" at the mass sites which is a possible indication the chemo is working. Keeping our fingers crossed.
Welp, back to trying to get something done.
Ooohh, keeping my fingers crossed for Mrs. R., too! Hopefully the burning and tingling is a good sign.

Greetings!
Getting warmer here. The brutal wind that came up isn't bitterly cold, feels even a bit warm! My brothers, one sister, and I have established a texting community and have been having a blast. I guess it's something good come from this miserable disaster. Talked to my brother in WY for almost two hours this afternoon. Talk to one of the NV brothers weekly. It's got to be the first time we've all "talked" together and no one has died!
I checked the Commissary yesterday. Meat prices, and many other prices, are much lower than in town. I've noticed that meat has become very expensive and other things, too. At least I won't have to become a vegetarian. Gas prices are down to $2.19/gal, or so. That's pretty cheap up this way.

OK people, every darned one of ya pay less for gas than I do here. Just today I passed a station that was $2.39 for regular and even though it was a more expensive station, it usually runs about .20 more than the cheaper places...….so we're still over $2 per gallon, no matter where ya go. And I have NO doubt Cali is probably .50 or more per gallon than we are.
:th_waiting:

Apparently so. Been praying for a solution to GW's problems both with the 'roommate' and the weather there. But you would think Alaska being the 2nd largest oil producing state would have lower gas prices. But gas prices are largely contingent on what taxes and special requirements on the formulas each state produces. And you add the transportation and other overhead costs on top of that.

Our son is in the business and he says formulating gasoline for California is really expensive compared to that they make for Texas or New Mexico. Average gasoline price in California right now is $2.95.

Gas prices here are averaging about $1.30 now. We don't have a refinery here but the gasoline is underground piped to us I think from West Texas making the access to it really cheap. Of course Hombre and I filled up last Thursday and paid $1.52. Buying gasoline is like playing the market. You never know when it is going to go higher or lower. :)

Apparently so. Been praying for a solution to GW's problems both with the 'roommate' and the weather there. But you would think Alaska being the 2nd largest oil producing state would have lower gas prices. But gas prices are largely contingent on what taxes and special requirements on the formulas each state produces. And you add the transportation and other overhead costs on top of that.

Our son is in the business and he says formulating gasoline for California is really expensive compared to that they make for Texas or New Mexico. Average gasoline price in California right now is $2.95.

Gas prices here are averaging about $1.30 now. We don't have a refinery here but the gasoline is underground piped to us I think from West Texas making the access to it really cheap. Of course Hombre and I filled up last Thursday and paid $1.52. Buying gasoline is like playing the market. You never know when it is going to go higher or lower. :)

I had heard several years ago, that states overall taxes are about the same across the nation, the difference is just where & how they gouge the people, but sometimes I really wonder at the truth in that..

For instance, many states have a state income tax, but have fewer taxes on other stuff. Thankfully, we're one of the states that doesn't have an income tax...….but boy do we sure make up for it elsewhere.

Here in WA it seems we pay more different taxes and higher amounts but without the state income tax...….and yes a very high gas tax rate, right along with state sales tax right near or at 10%, then a 'sin' tax on liquor, cigarettes, etc and somewhere in there for marijuana too, property taxes, etc. It's no wonder we're a high cost of living state, and it all comes down to taxes for nearly EVERYTHING.

Hello Foxfire and all, I did not forget this place, I come to tell you that we also fight against the virus in France and we live things that mark us deeply as go see my parents-in-law and stay at portal to give them masks and gloves, we have not forgotten our elders and my husband he works to help hospitals he makes certain essential materials for the equipment and we do stick together, it's hard but we discover the things that are most important in life. pay attention to you, i love you and kiss you.:)

OK people, every darned one of ya pay less for gas than I do here. Just today I passed a station that was $2.39 for regular and even though it was a more expensive station, it usually runs about .20 more than the cheaper places...….so we're still over $2 per gallon, no matter where ya go. And I have NO doubt Cali is probably .50 or more per gallon than we are.
:th_waiting:

Some 7 or 8 years back I met a Lady and one of her twin daughters when I was pleased to present the daughter a scholastic award at an American Legion Awards Dinner. Instead of the customary handshake I found out it was a family of huggers... Great big full body warm hugs only... I didn't know how special this lady was at the time. Turns out she had just got out of a bad marriage and had received her certification for EMS. She has been doing that ever since. And still every time I run into her here in the ville (Or twice at the hospital) I get that same big full warm hug.
Just over 3 weeks ago she was sent home on quarantine for Coronovirus She was very very ill... 4 people live in her house...

I tell you all that to give a great report. She reported tonight that she was feeling 100%, And everyone in the house has tested negative and she goes back to work next week....

Some 7 or 8 years back I met a Lady and one of her twin daughters when I was pleased to present the daughter a scholastic award at an American Legion Awards Dinner. Instead of the customary handshake I found out it was a family of huggers... Great big full body warm hugs only... I didn't know how special this lady was at the time. Turns out she had just got out of a bad marriage and had received her certification for EMS. She has been doing that ever since. And still every time I run into her here in the ville (Or twice at the hospital) I get that same big full warm hug.
Just over 3 weeks ago she was sent home on quarantine for Coronovirus She was very very ill... 4 people live in her house...

I tell you all that to give a great report. She reported tonight that she was feeling 100%, And everyone in the house has tested negative and she goes back to work next week....
That is so good to hear she's doing better & back at it again.

Hugs are always nice......they make you feel like you matter in such a crazy busy life that seems more isolated...….and I'm not talking about the virus, either but in 'normal' times

Forum List

Back