USMB Coffee Shop IV

modern electrical wiring systems do not bother colour blindness, my colourblind youngest son was even in the Royal Navy as an electrician.

This was back in 79-85. Lots of cable was twisted pairs, colors and many were pretty close.

Back in the AF, Airdefense Command I was electrician also, well MA1 weapons control. For instance on the missle x frames there were about 18awg, all white and numbered in like 1/64' print! Damn, I rewired 20 of them for F106, bout went nuts. Wax line lacing too, not tie wraps on a jet, ever.

Both my adult sons are colour blind. At the opticians they were tested, the very last 2 pages of the colour blindness test book is the catch. I could see the shapes for the light green and light brown. For me it was obvious and plain to see, but for them they could just not see it.
At the time my son wanted to be a policeman. My other son wanted to be an Electrician. Both professions were deemed to reject colour blindness, however it was unfounded.

Um, you were supposed to see light green or light pink. You saw brown?

modern electrical wiring systems do not bother colour blindness, my colourblind youngest son was even in the Royal Navy as an electrician.

Hombre, my hubby, was in the Army in various aspects for 8 years despite testing color blind on several critical colors. Of course the Army didn't find out. It was when he was in photography school and was tested that it was discovered. He always knew he couldn't tell the difference between red and green sometimes though.

Both my adult sons are colour blind. At the opticians they were tested, the very last 2 pages of the colour blindness test book is the catch. I could see the shapes for the light green and light brown. For me it was obvious and plain to see, but for them they could just not see it.
At the time my son wanted to be a policeman. My other son wanted to be an Electrician. Both professions were deemed to reject colour blindness, however it was unfounded.

No my sweet... read my post again.

Hi all. Been trying to stay busy, wanting to finish some projects but dealing with some physical issues lately. My right shoulder acted up a while ago but it seems to slowly be getting better, very slowly. Then about a week ago I developed what is called trigger thumb (inflammation of the tendons), the thumb pops whenever I move it, it's painful so I wear a thumb brace. Wouldn't be so bad except that it's my right side and I'm right handed.........
I was able to hang the traverse rod over the sliding door for the wife but have to take it back down to convert it to a one way slide. Over the last couple of days I've been creating mixed music CDs in between trying to clean up and finish other daily chores, at least the ones I can do.
Gizmo has developed what appears to be a neurological problem with his back left leg causing his to limp heavily. Before we got him on some medication he could only drag is left leg and would hide all day long, wouldn't even eat. He's doing much better.
Some potentially good news, while this round of chemo is wiping her out she has felt some "burning" at the mass sites which is a possible indication the chemo is working. Keeping our fingers crossed.
Welp, back to trying to get something done.

And........in the Hoss stable.........

1585950072681.png

1585950115823.png

Oh okay. I thought you were still referring to the shoe, but now I see. Sorry.

Oh okay. I thought you were still referring to the shoe, but now I see. Sorry.

Getting to the age where you need to write things down? :auiqs.jpg:

Boston Terriers are very fond of their owners and can feel blue quickly if things don't go well when they feel they have offended their owner in some known or unknown way. They also just feel bad when they've done something wrong and are told they were very, very naughty.

mmm. kinda like marriage but I don't always feel bad when I've been naughty... especially very very

So what's this about marriage Lady Beautress and would you mind if I wished you the absolute best and teased you like a brother..:)

Boston Terriers are very fond of their owners and can feel blue quickly if things don't go well when they feel they have offended their owner in some known or unknown way. They also just feel bad when they've done something wrong and are told they were very, very naughty.

mmm. kinda like marriage but I don't always feel bad when I've been naughty... especially very very

So what's this about marriage Lady Beautress and would you mind if I wished you the absolute best and teased you like a brother..:)
He's had a couple of bad marriages, and I had a horrible one and a heavenly one. We haven't known each other for very long, and we are septuagenarians with him being 2 years older, taking two puffs on his inhaler for emphasema between cigarettes with an attitude toward vitamins and nutritional illness prevention, which is my forte. We're so opposite it isn't funny, and one afternoon we drove over to his place to chat, and he had 8 pesky roaches crawling all over him. I couldn't stand seeing him that way and told him to gather a few things and sleep in my guest bedroom, although all it has was a pair of bunk beds, and he had a miniature chi-wa-dashund and a small Boston Terrier, both of whom were disciplined by miss piccolo the cat. She has a vicious little way of condescending canines to death, but that's another story... We decided we liked each other and talked about the short future we would have together if we married, seeing as how emphasema has a nasty little way of becoming dark spots on the lungs that welcome cancer inside to grow and metastasize the other organs besides the lungs. He thinks he's going to be 110 when he dies, and I think I'll be at least a hundred. That gives us 25 and 30 years, respectively if the inevitable cancer that forms in the nonquitter till it's 3 weeks to live stuff. And he's great around the farm, and we rented a horse trailer today to bring his miss piggy over in the part of my northwest field and all her fencing while we decide if our being polar opposites would make a good team. The fact that I can barely walk makes me some team player <hahaha!> and the doctor said it was definitely a cluster of bone spurs causing the limping effect. He, on the other hand has not whined once but had to tell me that Monday he has an appointment to look at his other wrist that has carpal tunnel, which means he will not be throwing much hay Miss Piggy's way for a while and will be lucky to get the fence up to hold her in. After a week of him being in the guest room and hating my sad little efforts at cuisine, and tonight's open ancho mozarella beef sandwich fizzled as he ate the fried carrots he taught me how to make and complained about having to eat fried carrots twice in the same month. *sigh* At least he didn't see me eating the ones I burned. Carrots are quite sweet and if the skillet is a littl hot, it can sure burn a ringed pattern on a carrot slice. So we may marry, but I am not doing a very good job of jumping through all the hoops with thinking walker to take the pressure off the horrid little bone spurs on my right heel, or a farmer's kick butt wheelchair if they make such a thing if this continues on. And my last cortisone pill runs out tomorrow. *sigh* So the pain is already back, because well, I don't know why because.
Go ahead, brother Lumpy. Tease away, but as I said in an above post, I'm a disaster right now, but my place looks fantastic again after 4 years of moping around in funeral mode. I'm just kind of in a haze after losing my husband, and a kind of boyfriend of 6 months who died of emphesema that turned into cancer a month after we started dating, and suddenly, I was sitting there holding his hand for 10 days of hospice, his last 10 days on earth. I did learn something from that experience, though. That wonderful and kind family? You never hear from them again unless you do all the calling. It never occurred to me that they thought I would take away their inheritance if we decided on marriage. After 4 years of not having anyone who planned on living for a few more years, I asked in prayer that God send me a mate who would be the rest of my life's companion. This one studied for and became a clergyman in the 5 years he spent in prison for a crime he did not commit. I can't imagine anyone sending a war hero to prison by ignoring his side of the story that he didn't do the crime. So he's God's beloved chaplain now, but I think he was more tired of the roaches than being with opinionated me. We'll see how it works out... <giggle> Life is fun, even when stuff derails and your left being accused of serving mozzarella to a man that hates all forms of cheese. <more giggles>

He's had a couple of bad marriages, and I had a horrible one and a heavenly one. We haven't known each other for very long, and we are septuagenarians with him being 2 years older, taking two puffs on his inhaler for emphasema between cigarettes with an attitude toward vitamins and nutritional illness prevention, which is my forte. We're so opposite it isn't funny, and one afternoon we drove over to his place to chat, and he had 8 pesky roaches crawling all over him. I couldn't stand seeing him that way and told him to gather a few things and sleep in my guest bedroom, although all it has was a pair of bunk beds, and he had a miniature chi-wa-dashund and a small Boston Terrier, both of whom were disciplined by miss piccolo the cat. She has a vicious little way of condescending canines to death, but that's another story... We decided we liked each other and talked about the short future we would have together if we married, seeing as how emphasema has a nasty little way of becoming dark spots on the lungs that welcome cancer inside to grow and metastasize the other organs besides the lungs. He thinks he's going to be 110 when he dies, and I think I'll be at least a hundred. That gives us 25 and 30 years, respectively if the inevitable cancer that forms in the nonquitter till it's 3 weeks to live stuff. And he's great around the farm, and we rented a horse trailer today to bring his miss piggy over in the part of my northwest field and all her fencing while we decide if our being polar opposites would make a good team. The fact that I can barely walk makes me some team player <hahaha!> and the doctor said it was definitely a cluster of bone spurs causing the limping effect. He, on the other hand has not whined once but had to tell me that Monday he has an appointment to look at his other wrist that has carpal tunnel, which means he will not be throwing much hay Miss Piggy's way for a while and will be lucky to get the fence up to hold her in. After a week of him being in the guest room and hating my sad little efforts at cuisine, and tonight's open ancho mozarella beef sandwich fizzled as he ate the fried carrots he taught me how to make and complained about having to eat fried carrots twice in the same month. *sigh* At least he didn't see me eating the ones I burned. Carrots are quite sweet and if the skillet is a littl hot, it can sure burn a ringed pattern on a carrot slice. So we may marry, but I am not doing a very good job of jumping through all the hoops with thinking walker to take the pressure off the horrid little bone spurs on my right heel, or a farmer's kick butt wheelchair if they make such a thing if this continues on. And my last cortisone pill runs out tomorrow. *sigh* So the pain is already back, because well, I don't know why because.
Go ahead, brother Lumpy. Tease away, but as I said in an above post, I'm a disaster right now, but my place looks fantastic again after 4 years of moping around in funeral mode. I'm just kind of in a haze after losing my husband, and a kind of boyfriend of 6 months who died of emphesema that turned into cancer a month after we started dating, and suddenly, I was sitting there holding his hand for 10 days of hospice, his last 10 days on earth. I did learn something from that experience, though. That wonderful and kind family? You never hear from them again unless you do all the calling. It never occurred to me that they thought I would take away their inheritance if we decided on marriage. After 4 years of not having anyone who planned on living for a few more years, I asked in prayer that God send me a mate who would be the rest of my life's companion. This one studied for and became a clergyman in the 5 years he spent in prison for a crime he did not commit. I can't imagine anyone sending a war hero to prison by ignoring his side of the story that he didn't do the crime. So he's God's beloved chaplain now, but I think he was more tired of the roaches than being with opinionated me. We'll see how it works out... <giggle> Life is fun, even when stuff derails and your left being accused of serving mozzarella to a man that hates all forms of cheese. <more giggles>

Wow, that was a lot to take in there Darlin.. (I tease).. I love reading your posts, it's almost like a friendly talk over the kitchen table although that would be so much sweeter..

Honestly, I don't know where to start but I figure bottom you tend to be quite honest and protective with yourself (that's great), I really don't get the marriage pressure at this juncture but romance, friendship and hey guys can cook for their potential sweethearts as well...

Hi all. Been trying to stay busy, wanting to finish some projects but dealing with some physical issues lately. My right shoulder acted up a while ago but it seems to slowly be getting better, very slowly. Then about a week ago I developed what is called trigger thumb (inflammation of the tendons), the thumb pops whenever I move it, it's painful so I wear a thumb brace. Wouldn't be so bad except that it's my right side and I'm right handed.........
I was able to hang the traverse rod over the sliding door for the wife but have to take it back down to convert it to a one way slide. Over the last couple of days I've been creating mixed music CDs in between trying to clean up and finish other daily chores, at least the ones I can do.
Gizmo has developed what appears to be a neurological problem with his back left leg causing his to limp heavily. Before we got him on some medication he could only drag is left leg and would hide all day long, wouldn't even eat. He's doing much better.
Some potentially good news, while this round of chemo is wiping her out she has felt some "burning" at the mass sites which is a possible indication the chemo is working. Keeping our fingers crossed.
Welp, back to trying to get something done.

Fingers and toes crossed. It would be wonderful news if this chemo treatment is doing the job!

I'm so glad you've found someone that you can share your life with and I truly hope it works out for you. You deserve much happiness after all you've been thru.

Forum List

Back