USMB Coffee Shop IV

I apologize for the language.....but I couldn't help but laugh. This is life with a mixed pet family

90652239_801057973719519_996599443950141440_o[1].jpg

I have birthdates for:

Sherry

Daisy the Mutt

Nosmo King

Divine Wind (prob not actual date)

Saveliberty (prob not actual date)

gallantwarrior

Sfc Ollie

Hombre

CeeCee

drifter

Ringel

Dajjal

BBD's wedding anniversary

BigBlackDog

Spoonman

Ernie S.

Ridgerunner

ChrisL

Peach174

Foxfyre

Montrovant

Gracie

WelfareQueen

Hossfly

Kat

AgainSheila

Pogo

Well, I made it back after a bit of a hiatus. What a mess! I read the last few pages and am glad all appear to be doing well. For those more social, sorry that you can no longer be so, or go to church for solace and comfort. At least here in the CS we have each other and social distance is the order of the day for those in on-line communities.
Work has been hectic, our flight schedule has increased at least 50%. Passenger traffic is depressed but they are flying a lot of cargo that would have been shipped on boats. With the shipping fleet stilled, they still have warehouses of stuff to move and most of the airlines have started pressing passenger planes into cargo service. So, for now, my job is assured. I did not say safe because most of our customers fly out of China and other Eastern countries. The first CV-19 case in AK was a foreign pilot! Of course, with production shut down, my job my become extinct when the Chinese have no more stuff to send over here.
My partner has been downgraded to "roommate" now. The situation has deteriorated significantly but at least he hasn't punched me again and I have managed not to drag him out into the snowy forest...
No hip surgery for me, so the pain will continue. I was pretty depressed, hence my absence from many things, including the CS. Oh, what the hell, I've put up with it this long...
Spring has not yet sprung here. After a massive snowfall a couple of weeks ago, it warmed up enough to sluff a slab of snow and ice 8'x16' and 4' deep off my porch roof. I managed to dig out a trail but it may be weeks before it melts away and I'll be left with a massive pool of mud and water. My resident moose is still with us. It's been a hard winter for moose, after the fire and a late, heavy snowfall. She's taken to hanging with the goats and sleeps in one of my sheds.
The new format is a pain right now, but we've gone through how many changes together? We'll make it through this one, too. My internet has been acting up the past two days, too. No doubt, all the additional traffic on line has caught the providers with their panties around their ankles. I hope to be back on more often, though.
Big hug, Gallantwarrior. You're on my prayer list for healing and an early summer. :hands:

Hows this for irony? We have been waiting almost 5 years for housing and about 4 of those years have been in northern cali...thru homelessness, renting rooms, fire. And we still wait. BUT....things are moving rapidly now. The apts at home (beach) sent out referal letters to previous landlords and they would not that unless we are next on the list....or...an apt is coming up within the next month and they want us approved and ready to give notice where we are now.

However....the question is..how does one move from one end of the state to another corner of the same state when there is a pandemic going on and martial law is probably soon to be enacted? And..uhaul is shut down. How do two old people pack up and move in these cirmcumstances? Get a permit from the governor to move? Just up and go and hope the national guard doesn't land on us? Haul the furniture and stuff ourselves into the truck because nobody is available or willing to breath our air?

So...I find it a tad ironic. Or maybe its a sign from God. Who knows. San Luis Obispo county has 33 cases of coronavirus (up 6 more since 9am this morning)...yubba/sutter county has 3. Maybe we aren't supposed to go home after all?

oy:uhoh3:
Prayers up that all goes well for you and your loved ones, Gracie.

Been able to get out walking around the Ville 3 days of the last 4. Love this weather, shame it's cooling this week with rain... But the good thing was the kids in the ville had a bear hunt today... Lots of people had placed teddy bears in their windows.... I had Sir "Coff-a-lot" From my bypass days...
A belated birthday wish, my dear SFC Ollie. You're the best!
1585640428895.png

Well, I made it back after a bit of a hiatus. What a mess! I read the last few pages and am glad all appear to be doing well. For those more social, sorry that you can no longer be so, or go to church for solace and comfort. At least here in the CS we have each other and social distance is the order of the day for those in on-line communities.
Work has been hectic, our flight schedule has increased at least 50%. Passenger traffic is depressed but they are flying a lot of cargo that would have been shipped on boats. With the shipping fleet stilled, they still have warehouses of stuff to move and most of the airlines have started pressing passenger planes into cargo service. So, for now, my job is assured. I did not say safe because most of our customers fly out of China and other Eastern countries. The first CV-19 case in AK was a foreign pilot! Of course, with production shut down, my job my become extinct when the Chinese have no more stuff to send over here.
My partner has been downgraded to "roommate" now. The situation has deteriorated significantly but at least he hasn't punched me again and I have managed not to drag him out into the snowy forest...
No hip surgery for me, so the pain will continue. I was pretty depressed, hence my absence from many things, including the CS. Oh, what the hell, I've put up with it this long...
Spring has not yet sprung here. After a massive snowfall a couple of weeks ago, it warmed up enough to sluff a slab of snow and ice 8'x16' and 4' deep off my porch roof. I managed to dig out a trail but it may be weeks before it melts away and I'll be left with a massive pool of mud and water. My resident moose is still with us. It's been a hard winter for moose, after the fire and a late, heavy snowfall. She's taken to hanging with the goats and sleeps in one of my sheds.
The new format is a pain right now, but we've gone through how many changes together? We'll make it through this one, too. My internet has been acting up the past two days, too. No doubt, all the additional traffic on line has caught the providers with their panties around their ankles. I hope to be back on more often, though.

You remain on my critical prayer list. I keep saying this too shall pass, but your case seems to be taking a really cruelly long time. But this too shall pass.

Brit flag cake is cool. Pic of dog and kitten too!

After many nice days. 46 and rain. Yuk!

But my new greenhouse came yesterday! Wayfair "king canopy" seemed the toughest frame of all.

Not huge but much of my seed goes in as seed anyway. like corn. I have a 45x50 garden every year. Sometimes ambitious and till up 3 of them totaling about 3/4 acre. That gives enough corn to feed all the racoons and a few left over.

9.33+Ft.+W+x+10.25+Ft.+D+Greenhouse.jpg

Brit flag cake is cool. Pic of dog and kitten too!

After many nice days. 46 and rain. Yuk!

But my new greenhouse came yesterday! Wayfair "king canopy" seemed the toughest frame of all.

Not huge but much of my seed goes in as seed anyway. like corn. I have a 45x50 garden every year. Sometimes ambitious and till up 3 of them totaling about 3/4 acre. That gives enough corn to feed all the racoons and a few left over.

9.33+Ft.+W+x+10.25+Ft.+D+Greenhouse.jpg

This is the greenhouse my wife bought for herself, the online boast was that a woman could build it in a day. Well my wife didn’t even get it out of the boxing, poor muggings had to do it.
I started around 10am stopped for a lunch hour then resumed work on it till 5pm whereupon I downed tools and withdrew my labour.
The wife gave me an unduly, uncalled for ridiculing, bringing the advertisement of “a woman could build it in a day” Depressed and berated by my woman I got up early the next day (Sunday) and started work whilst she was trying to get beauty sleep. When she came down in her dressing gown and slippers to inspect my manly skills. All she said was “well done, I’ll make you a cup of tea”

Forum List

Back