USMB Coffee Shop IV

EUI9iLhWoAI3Ca7.jpg

RE: USMB Coffee Shop IV
⁜→ Shawnee_b, et al,

You're a hopeless romantic!

Weather broke and in a hurry. There had been a bit, leaves on honeysuckle, Bradford Pears were blooming. Now the Bradfords are leaves, Eastern Redbud popping (one of my fave), Magnolias, my weeping cherry, little leaves on elms.... Came on fast but last few days been 70 or better. Had to get the zero turn ready and mowed 2 acres yesterday.
(COMMENT)

You should write...

index.png
Most Respectfully,
R

Thanks R but wife doesn't think I am very romantic! But she knows I love the trees, flowers, gardens and animals. Specially my little dog. Puts up with me anyway cause I shop and cook.

RE: USMB Coffee Shop IV
⁜→ Shawnee_b, et al,

You're a hopeless romantic!

Weather broke and in a hurry. There had been a bit, leaves on honeysuckle, Bradford Pears were blooming. Now the Bradfords are leaves, Eastern Redbud popping (one of my fave), Magnolias, my weeping cherry, little leaves on elms.... Came on fast but last few days been 70 or better. Had to get the zero turn ready and mowed 2 acres yesterday.
(COMMENT)

You should write...

index.png
Most Respectfully,
R

:) We do have some great writers in the Coffee Shop, but even those who don't write much still provide us with encouragement, laughs, information, inspiration, etc.

And I love a hopeless romantic. :)

Oh Jeebus, what with the Impeachment Fracas (anyone remember that) and the China Virus Panic-demic, I totally forgot my USMBaversary. I've been incarcerated here for 13 years, one month and 16 days! Whadda world whadda world. Don't I at least get a set of steak knives?

Oh Jeebus, what with the Impeachment Fracas (anyone remember that) and the China Virus Panic-demic, I totally forgot my USMBaversary. I've been incarcerated here for 13 years, one month and 16 days! Whadda world whadda world. Don't I at least get a set of steak knives?

We are all the richer for it Boe. The Coffee Shop celebrates its 10th anniversary here in May. Time is sure fun when you're having flies.

We are all the richer for it Boe. The Coffee Shop celebrates its 10th anniversary here in May. Time is sure fun when you're having flies.

It's impressive, but also rather dismaying how much of our lives we have spent here. EEK!

I'm still working, but we've been getting light on work. In some ways that's a bit surprising; my job is in processing medical specimens. One might think that I'd be getting more work with the coronavirus, not less. However, I think people are getting a lot fewer tests done for other things right now. That's left me with less than the normal 40+ hours a week. I'm going to work today so I can try making up some of the lost hours.

It's annoying to not be getting as much in my paycheck as I'd like, but I know that I'm a lot luckier than many people who have lost their jobs either temporarily or permanently, so I'm not complaining. I'm lucky to be in an essential industry sort of position.

Probably you need to be something of a classical music buff to fully appreciate this. But some entertainment by one of my all time favorite comedians doing one of my favorite of his routines:

I loved him even as a kid I'd stop whatever I was doing to watch.

Hi all, I haven't visited the lounge in awhile. I thought I'd share a nice visit we just had with my Brother and Sister In Law from Wisconsin. They rolled up in their new 30 foot RV a couple weeks ago. It was a harrowing trip up my driveway, the rig missed bottoming out by an inch! His wife is my wife's younger sister by a year. They are like peas in a pod, I wish they could spend more time together. They were out in the desert almost every day. I miss my bro-in-law and our 5 o-clock cocktail hours. We sit in the RV talking about fishing and our grown up "kids" watching the sun set on the Tucson Mountains.

The four of us had some great hikes and went exploring one day on the mountain bikes touring "The Loop" a paved bikeway that encircles Tucson. They pushed off a couple days ago (bummer!) and have been camping somewhere in Eastern Arizona. Of course they are concerned about the trip back. They were going to take their time, but with states closing their parks they will pretty much hightail it back. We are planning to fly out to Wisconsin in the Fall and stay with them assuming all this virus stuff has settled down.

Eastern Redbud... One of my favorites and thank God and Greyhound their everywhere...
Thanks Shawnee_b ...
1585512819526.png

Forum List

Back