USMB Coffee Shop IV

1585112384325.png

Hello Coffee Shoppers! Nosmo King checking in. I have to report another victim of the coronavirus. The Easter Pageant on the Hillside has been shelved for the year. This would have been the 50th year for the pageant and my 17th. But concerns over spreading this plague made the choice to not bring a cast of 60 together every Sunday o practice our play. Let alone bring 200 people together to watch our performances. So, there's that.

I also decided to pull the plug, temporarily, on Movie Night at the East Liverpool Community and Learning Center. It was really taking off too! Last Thursday I screened The African Queen for a crowd of 20. They enjoyed the movie and the fresh popped popcorn I provided. C'est le guarre. I hope to resume sometime in April after the crisis has passed. If I only had some lamb's blood to paint on the posts and lintel of the doorway to ward off the Angel of Death, but I don't know if such a Judaic remedy would work for a bunch of uptight Calvinists.

Otherwise, everybody is doing great. Mom is well and stocked with groceries thanks to some prudent planning by my brother and me. Daisy has a month's supply of kibble, so she's a happy mutt. Last Tuesday I bought a 3 month supply of toilet paper before the run on it made tissue as rare as hen's teeth. There are 12 cans of soup, 6 loaves of bread in the freezer and a half dozen boxes of Rice-a-Roni in the pantry. I lack green leafy vegetables, but we can't get everything.

The upper Ohio River Valley is relativeimmune to natural disasters. We don't get earthquakes. Our perpetually cloud shrouded skies keep plenty of moisture handy, so no wildfires or droughts. It floods occasionally, but that effects a very small number of folks as we live perched upon our steep, wooded ravines. But a pandemic doesn't pay attention to natural surroundings. We are learning lessons in preparedness that we don't need to know otherwise.

I guess this is God's way of reminding us about hubris.
Fondest regards to a man who takes care of his elderly mother and still finds the time to feed the pets kibbles. I hope you stay well and find good things to keep you occupied in the face of closed restaurants, CV-19 threats, closed para-military American Legion posts, and the rest. I'm hoping the plan in place is as temporary as it has to be to save thousands if not millions of lives, and that people wash their hands a lot with soap and water or hand sanitizer if they are lucky enough to have some.

A twitter friend posted this photo and asked if we could see a clearly visible coyote in it. Said it has been following him around all day. I found it.

View attachment 315111T
I see it. The very center of the photo. Straight down the hill from the green bush to the right of the last big tree. You can left click your picture a couple times to make it fill the screen.

Weather broke and in a hurry. There had been a bit, leaves on honeysuckle, Bradford Pears were blooming. Now the Bradfords are leaves, Eastern Redbud popping (one of my fave), Magnolias, my weeping cherry, little leaves on elms.... Came on fast but last few days been 70 or better. Had to get the zero turn ready and mowed 2 acres yesterday.

RE: USMB Coffee Shop IV
⁜→ Shawnee_b, et al,

You're a hopeless romantic!

Weather broke and in a hurry. There had been a bit, leaves on honeysuckle, Bradford Pears were blooming. Now the Bradfords are leaves, Eastern Redbud popping (one of my fave), Magnolias, my weeping cherry, little leaves on elms.... Came on fast but last few days been 70 or better. Had to get the zero turn ready and mowed 2 acres yesterday.
(COMMENT)

You should write...

index.png
Most Respectfully,
R

Forum List

Back