USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, it's official...current temps are in the "witch's tit in a brass bra cup" cold. Nothing all day and last night that didn't feature a minus sign in front of the number. Expected to go down to as low as -20 here tonight. I wish I didn't have to go to work and I hope no airplanes require oil service or maintenance. It's so cold, the tears freeze before they roll down your cheeks, and your eyes will tear because the cold just rips them from you. Your nose hairs freeze when you inhale and if you try to breath through you mouth, your teeth hurt! At least it won't snow, and with some luck, airborne moisture will remain low and we won't get ice fog.

15940348_1850780828494755_3859132664256730645_n.jpg

I put it on the largest that I could, trimmed my nails and still hit the wrong letter!

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
I use a stylus. Not as fast as typing but more accurate than fat, old fingers on those tiny screens.

I use a thumnail
Hubbie is home and he is very happy.
They have him on a life vest which is a wearable difibutalor.
He has been fed and is resting comfortably and enjoying his computer. :)
Now that he is home I'm going to be pretty busy for a little while.
I won't have as much time as I would like to post much, but ,I will let you know his progress.
Please keep us in your prayers. He is going to have a long big battle ahead.
He looks good considering only 1/5 of his heart is working. :)

Talk to you all later. :)
Thank You Everone, I love you all you have really helped me with your support.
Tomorrow I have to get groceries and pick up a long new list of prescription drugs. :)

I am beat what a long day whew!

You can be assured those prayers will keep coming Peach and Mr. P should know that too.
I put it on the largest that I could, trimmed my nails and still hit the wrong letter!

I use a stylus. Not as fast as typing but more accurate than fat, old fingers on those tiny screens.

I use a thumnail
Hubbie is home and he is very happy.
They have him on a life vest which is a wearable difibutalor.
He has been fed and is resting comfortably and enjoying his computer. :)
Now that he is home I'm going to be pretty busy for a little while.
I won't have as much time as I would like to post much, but ,I will let you know his progress.
Please keep us in your prayers. He is going to have a long big battle ahead.
He looks good considering only 1/5 of his heart is working. :)

Talk to you all later. :)
Thank You Everone, I love you all you have really helped me with your support.
Tomorrow I have to get groceries and pick up a long new list of prescription drugs. :)

I am beat what a long day whew!

You can be assured those prayers will keep coming Peach and Mr. P should know that too.
I don't have fingernails, well, really short ones. I can't even pick my nose!

Library gave me a nifty card. You go to hoopladigital dot com, give an email addy, put in your library card number....Voila! Instant movies, music, etc with no late fees or having to drive to the library! I just did it... Gonna charge my phone then watch interview with a vampire [emoji5]

Sherry and me have both taken the day off on Friday to watch the inaugural. Whatever your political affiliation, watching the peaceful transfer of power in our democracy is an amazing thing.

I wished Obama well in 2008 and I wish Trump well now. I hope everyone realizes how fortunate we all are to be American citizens. :thup:

Just checking in. Went to costco today and bought a pressure cooker than also works as a slow cooker, a rice cooker, etc. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Hi Sheila. We were gifted with an ENORMOUS pressure cooker for Christmas and I still haven't figured out how to use it efficiently for two people. Plus I haven't pressure cooked anything in decades and don't remember how.

I'm looking forward to canning my left over chili. I like to have chili once in awhile without cooking all day, but I can't stand the stuff you buy in the stores anymore.

Just checking in. Went to costco today and bought a pressure cooker than also works as a slow cooker, a rice cooker, etc. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Hi Sheila. We were gifted with an ENORMOUS pressure cooker for Christmas and I still haven't figured out how to use it efficiently for two people. Plus I haven't pressure cooked anything in decades and don't remember how.

I'm looking forward to canning my left over chili. I like to have chili once in awhile without cooking all day, but I can't stand the stuff you buy in the stores anymore.

I agree it is pretty grim. Wolf brand used to make a fairly good canned chili but even theirs is all fat and yuck any more.

How the heck do you use a thumbnail???

It's like using thumbs to text except my thumbs have pretty sturdy nails on them with a slight point so I can zero in on the tiny qwerty letters. I don't use my phone for anything other than making and receiving calls and an occasional text so it isn't a big deal. On my Kindle Fire, I just poke the bigger letters with my forefinger.

I agree it is pretty grim. Wolf brand used to make a fairly good canned chili but even theirs is all fat and yuck any more.

eww

Hey...Does anyone use their cell phone while it is charging? I get mixed responses when I ask folks here.

If it rings while charging I answer it and if I need to make a call while its charging I do. That's not all that often though. But I constantly use my Kindle or laptop while they are charging and I can't imagine a phone battery would respond any differently.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Ernie for wellness,
Sbiker for wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
Gracie & Mr. G who need a break big time right now.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Sunset over Federal Way Wa
65c1e7083f1d95d5e62cf7a5c571b688.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Ernie for wellness,
Sbiker for wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
Gracie & Mr. G who need a break big time right now.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Sunset over Federal Way Wa
65c1e7083f1d95d5e62cf7a5c571b688.jpg

Yet another beauty.

Forum List

Back