What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Reaction score
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
Saturday morning!

Beware skulking figures clad in black.

Let the cartoon begin!

Dajjal

Quran buster
Reaction score

Dajjal

Quran buster
Reaction score
FZm7bkTWAAIKd4P.jpg

Dragonlady

Designing Woman
Reaction score
This past week is the first week I've cooked since before my surgery. I had 60 dinners in the freezer when I left for the hospital. I could barely close the freezer door. I was in hospital/rehab for two weeks and with time away at my daughter's, plus dinners out with friends, my 60 dinners lasted me nearly 3 months.

I'm now working on refilling the freezer. Not only does this cut down cooking time, but also dishes and cleaning up in the kitchen. Cooking trashes the kitchen and I hate doing dishes. In our family, if you cooked, you didn't do dishes. Now I have to do both. The cats have both refused to help.

The Landlord sent someone to "fix" the stairs. This is the most slipshod job I have ever seen. He's devaluing his own property. Not only does it look bad, it
IMG_1142 (1).JPG
IMG_1140 (1).JPG
begs a look underneath, which is frankly, scary.

Not only does it violate the Residential Tenancy Act, and the terms of his Royal bank mortgage, both of which require all repairs to be carried out in a "good and workmanlike manner", anyone looking at this would immediately lower the value of the property. Anyone looking at the work orders would lower the value of the property, by the cost of the repairs needed.

All the repairs stay with the property, long after I'm gone, and the work orders are now part of the permanent title records of his ownership. This place is now worth half what it was when he started last summer.

I'm wondering if he's lost his mind.

OP
Foxfyre

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This past week is the first week I've cooked since before my surgery. I had 60 dinners in the freezer when I left for the hospital. I could barely close the freezer door. I was in hospital/rehab for two weeks and with time away at my daughter's, plus dinners out with friends, my 60 dinners lasted me nearly 3 months.

I'm now working on refilling the freezer. Not only does this cut down cooking time, but also dishes and cleaning up in the kitchen. Cooking trashes the kitchen and I hate doing dishes. In our family, if you cooked, you didn't do dishes. Now I have to do both. The cats have both refused to help.

The Landlord sent someone to "fix" the stairs. This is the most slipshod job I have ever seen. He's devaluing his own property. Not only does it look bad, it View attachment 679415View attachment 679416begs a look underneath, which is frankly, scary.

Not only does it violate the Residential Tenancy Act, and the terms of his Royal bank mortgage, both of which require all repairs to be carried out in a "good and workmanlike manner", anyone looking at this would immediately lower the value of the property. Anyone looking at the work orders would lower the value of the property, by the cost of the repairs needed.

All the repairs stay with the property, long after I'm gone, and the work orders are now part of the permanent title records of his ownership. This place is now worth half what it was when he started last summer.

I'm wondering if he's lost his mind.
I'm lucky I guess. Hombre doesn't like to cook. Oh he'll make toast sometimes or scramble an egg along with fry a sausage patty but that's about it. (I discourage the sausage patties.) But I do like to cook most of the time--there are those days I don't and he goes out to bring something in--and he doesn't mind doing the dishes. Pretty good deal for me.

But re those stairs, maybe the guys that have more feel for carpentry and engineering could advise you. Hombre and I have both worked as safety inspectors and it's really hard to tell for us from the photos. It really depends on how well the staircase is attached to the brick wall and how securely the steps are attached to the supports.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$225.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List