USMB Coffee Shop IV

Made pork Carnitas in the crock pot, they're done. Shredded the meat, tossed them in a skillet with some lard, added some of the juices from the crock pot and seared the meat. Made two small Carnita burritos and inhaled...... Oh my God was that good!!
Here's the recipe I use. Didn't have jalapenos but I did have small can of Hatch's green chili. :thup:

Carnitas (Mexican Slow Cooker Pulled Pork)

Made pork Carnitas in the crock pot, they're done. Shredded the meat, tossed them in a skillet with some lard, added some of the juices from the crock pot and seared the meat. Made two small Carnita burritos and inhaled...... Oh my God was that good!!
Here's the recipe I use. Didn't have jalapenos but I did have small can of Hatch's green chili. :thup:

Sounds wonderful. I saved the recipe. Thanks.

Man, what a world of difference fresh tires make.

Though my rubber wasn't down to the wear bars, they were getting close...Drove to the shop from up on the bench, with 6" of fresh snow on the road...The anti-lock brakes were going off like a popcorn popper.....Scary ride going downhill, driving a toboggan with AWD.

Two hours later, I'm standing on the brakes in the same snow and not a skid or a pop from the anti-lock system....Car just stops.

Amazing stuff.

I agree. Makes all the difference in the world.

Have an appt next month to see regular doc. I have a list to go over with her. Lethargy/tired/fatigue/forgetfulness/numb feet and toes/stand too long, left foot goes completely numb/hip & back pain/burning sensation on soles of both feet/sudden appearance of large bulging varicose veins on left front leg/lump in left side of left wrist that is painful/slight dizziness.

My brain feels numb. Can't remember anything any more. Sleep often but it's never more than 2 hours. Sometimes I get lucky and wind up with 4 total hours but that is rare.

I hurt all the damn time. Losing interest in everything. This sucks.

Hoping your doc finds the problem and solution for it Gracie.

I just tossed out all my teflon pans and pots. Watched on tv the movie Dark Water. I shoulda listened to anne a few years ago about the poison in teflon. Too late now, I suppose, but at least I can eat a bit healthier with a stainless steel pan. For now..we will have to nuke everything since I have no pots or pans, lol. Got one coming in from Amazon. Gonna hit the thrift shops tomorrow to find a few sauce/soup pans.

Dear Gracie: I hope you find the source of your issues real soon. Take care and get yourself some pots. Microwaving processed food is not very good for you either.

We didn't get hit nearly so hard with this storm as threatened. The expected 12 inches of snow, was actually 8 inches of snow. The storm was expected to last two days, it was only one. Our power hasn't so much as flickered, throughout the whole time, and all of the windturbines down along the lakeshore are turning merrily along.

Everyone who owns a tractor, or a 4 wheel drive with a plow, was out clearing driveways and streets yesterday. It was supposed to be the first day of in-person classes in much of the province and it was a snow day!!!

I hope all the Americans on this forum are keeping warm. We had a cold week in Britain last week and it was uncomfortable. But it was not the sub zero temperatures you have over the pond.

Just got back from the VA, two appointments that turned into four.......... Started out with an aortic ultrasound appointment at 9 am where I was not allowed ANYTHING to eat or drink for four hours prior to the appointment. After that I did get a cup of coffee before my 10:20 Urology appointment where I peed into a "computerized" toilet that measured flow, amount, etc. The Urologist was anything but happy with the results so down to the lab for bloodwork to check kidney function then back to ultrasound to scan my kidneys where I had to gulp down 40 ounces of water and wait a half hour before they could do the scan.

Eul7XT3XMAEGLCN.jpg

Just got back from the VA, two appointments that turned into four.......... Started out with an aortic ultrasound appointment at 9 am where I was not allowed ANYTHING to eat or drink for four hours prior to the appointment. After that I did get a cup of coffee before my 10:20 Urology appointment where I peed into a "computerized" toilet that measured flow, amount, etc. The Urologist was anything but happy with the results so down to the lab for bloodwork to check kidney function then back to ultrasound to scan my kidneys where I had to gulp down 40 ounces of water and wait a half hour before they could do the scan.
Hopefully the scan comes back without issues.

A couple of weeks ago, an anomymous donor gave a couple of local groups in town, including the Salvation Army, and one of the local churches, truckloads of food hampers to be distributed to anyone who asks for one. All you had to do was to do go and get one, and they were available in three locations around town. Nearly 500 food hampers were given away. This morning, the same thing is happening in the Township next door. Free food hampers to anyone who asks.

I have my suspicions as to who this anonymous donor might be. A local greenhouse grower, and entrepreneur. A man who is committed to using local small businesses and independent operators to supply his business. What started as a passion for breeding roses, has turned into a multinational conglomerate. Oh yeah - and he owns a fleet of large refrigerator trucks to pick and deliver truckloads of food to the community.

This isn't the first time I've posted about the kindness and generosity of town where I live. I didn't really make a conscious decision to move to this little town. I kind of washed up her after my second marriage ended just as I was retiring, because my daughter and her family live 15 minutes away, and the rents were cheap. Man, did I luck out on this one!!!

A couple of weeks ago, an anomymous donor gave a couple of local groups in town, including the Salvation Army, and one of the local churches, truckloads of food hampers to be distributed to anyone who asks for one. All you had to do was to do go and get one, and they were available in three locations around town. Nearly 500 food hampers were given away. This morning, the same thing is happening in the Township next door. Free food hampers to anyone who asks.

I have my suspicions as to who this anonymous donor might be. A local greenhouse grower, and entrepreneur. A man who is committed to using local small businesses and independent operators to supply his business. What started as a passion for breeding roses, has turned into a multinational conglomerate. Oh yeah - and he owns a fleet of large refrigerator trucks to pick and deliver truckloads of food to the community.

This isn't the first time I've posted about the kindness and generosity of town where I live. I didn't really make a conscious decision to move to this little town. I kind of washed up her after my second marriage ended just as I was retiring, because my daughter and her family live 15 minutes away, and the rents were cheap. Man, did I luck out on this one!!!

Very nice!

This looks faboo! mr. boe loves carnitas - so I am going to try this!

My big accomplishment yesterday: whole wheat bread

View attachment 459559
I wish I could do that, no bread I've ever tried has worked out. Mine wouldn't be whole wheat though, never developed a taste for it. Oat bread is the bread I typically buy followed by multigrain then rye.

The Tassajara Bread book is a great tool for breadmaking. I just do their basic bread with 100% whole wheat. It's really easy! You can use the same method for other types of flours as well.

My big accomplishment yesterday: whole wheat bread

View attachment 459559
I wish I could do that, no bread I've ever tried has worked out. Mine wouldn't be whole wheat though, never developed a taste for it. Oat bread is the bread I typically buy followed by multigrain then rye.

The Tassajara Bread book is a great tool for breadmaking. I just do their basic bread with 100% whole wheat. It's really easy! You can use the same method for other types of flours as well.

Your whole wheat loves posted upthread make me hungry just looking at them.

I used to make my own bread when I was working from home, but the arthritis is now in my fingers and I cant do the hand mixing or kneading I used to do. I'm picking up a stand mixer next week, so I can make some bread before my yeast passes it's best before date.

Forum List

Back