Using a Hydrogen Oxygen mix for fusion fuel

trevorjohnson83

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
I think it would be neat if instead of using super chilled hydrogen fuel as the fuel in any fusion experiment, that they use a hydrogen Oxygen mix. My thinking is that if you have an O H mix inside a shell, that when tremendous pressure's from the lasers or other causes the shell to implode, that will cause a chemical explosion in the O H mix which pushes out against the collapse of the shell. Adding the explosive pressure of the O H mix would then ease the amount of energy needed from a laser or other because the fuel wouldn't have to sublime like super chilled fuel.

No! it's bihydrogen monoxide. That's found in lakes and rivers and also in food! Some people have died from it.

No! it's bihydrogen monoxide. That's found in lakes and rivers and also in food! Some people have died from it.
Dihydrogen monoxide. And Hitler and Trump drank that crap!

I think it would be neat if instead of using super chilled hydrogen fuel as the fuel in any fusion experiment, that they use a hydrogen Oxygen mix. My thinking is that if you have an O H mix inside a shell, that when tremendous pressure's from the lasers or other causes the shell to implode, that will cause a chemical explosion in the O H mix which pushes out against the collapse of the shell. Adding the explosive pressure of the O H mix would then ease the amount of energy needed from a laser or other because the fuel wouldn't have to sublime like super chilled fuel.
EveryoneLaughingAtYou.png

Umm my point is pretty sound here while everyone of you look like horses patuut.

What is easier to boil? hot water or a block of ice. And the fact that fusion reactions only occur for a fraction of a second, that's not much time for heat to transfer. I bet using a hydrogen oxygen mix as fuel you could reduce the pressure's needed from laser or other by 16,000 times!

Umm my point is pretty sound here while everyone of you look like horses patuut.

What is easier to boil? hot water or a block of ice. And the fact that fusion reactions only occur for a fraction of a second, that's not much time for heat to transfer. I bet using a hydrogen oxygen mix as fuel you could reduce the pressure's needed from laser or other by 16,000 times!
Ummm, you trying to make a hydrogen bomb? If so I have a fishin bomb I can sell you.

Forum List

Back