Used car prices

initforme

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2011
I am in the market for a used truck. I buy used with low miles. A question for some of you master economists/car experts. Do you anticipate the prices of vehicles coming down or will they stay where they are at during this pandemic?

As fewer people will be able to afford expensive new vehicles (so many of which correspond so little to practical need), it is entirely possible used vehicles will go up.

Dealer prices definitely will NOT come down. The manufacturers will be offering favorable credit, but the dealers have to pay all their overhead with a lower number of car sales, so dealer pricing will remain where it is. This applies to used-car dealers as well. They will be selling fewer cars but still. have to keep the lights on, so I don't think they will be cutting prices.

As for private party sales, it should be a good time to look for bargains. Sad to say, but some people will need to off-load vehicles because of job losses and reduced income. I would check Craigslist first - expand your search geographically as far as you can - local papers, and other places where private party sales are advertised.

Hopefully, used will be decent.

I had planned on selling my SUV this Spring, but it could use some minor work, which I can't get done during the lockdown

I am in the market for a used truck. I buy used with low miles. A question for some of you master economists/car experts. Do you anticipate the prices of vehicles coming down or will they stay where they are at during this pandemic?

I dont buy new I buy like you year old ,low low low miles
My audi I bought dec ... a 2019 ....came off a year lease.

12500 miles ...

With the trade in ,5k in green , even though I have a 48 month finance my payment is really low on a car whose sticker was over 70k new ...

Cpo ...Great warranty and service department

Go forth and shop my son ...do your research and make a great deal

Car gurus is your friend
Always a great place to start

Now is the time to buy a car.

Thanks for the info....car prices have crept down here and we are as of now unaffected by the virus.

Yea I just don't see them coming down much. In fact with the drop in gas prices I could foresee an increase in the price of larger SUVs.

For something to do, I researched prices in New York....the vehicle I'm looking for is markedly cheaper out there. Approximately 3 grand lower than here for very similar vehicle.

Forum List

Back