US women's soccer's epic unbeaten streak comes to an end in Olympics match

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
First NBA all stars lose their first two tune up games, now U.S womens team lose their first game in a long time.

The similarities between the two teams? Maybe in their so-called activism?

Recall the 1980s and the Olympics when Americans were proud and unified. If you have a patriotic nation you win in sports, you win on the world stage, you can confront real enemies in warfare and they can't influence your citizens to turn their backs on their country.

It's only one loss for this team but it seems so much has changed already in the last year.

The U.S. women’s soccer team had its 44-game winning streak snapped in its first match of the Tokyo Olympics on Wednesday, losing to Sweden 3-0.

While the opening ceremonies don’t get started until Friday, the U.S. women’s soccer team is among the handful of squads who start days before the Games officially get underway. But the early opportunity to get a quick win to start the Games was nullified.

Sweden got started early with a Stina Blackstenius header from the right side, beating American goalkeeper Alyssa Naeher.

Blackstenius would score again in the 54th minute of the match to put Sweden up two goals, and the final nail in the coffin for the U.S. would come from Linda Hurting, who replaced Blackstenius in the 64th minute.

The US Olympic Committee needs a thorough overhaul. The un-sportsmanship conduct is unAmerican and has no place in sports. You represent the USA or don't make the team. You are either good enough to compete or we don't send them. It is a privilege to be sent and represent our country. We should not be sending ungrateful, arrogant, brats that are more concerned about their ugly politics than playing their A game. It all starts with leadership and the Committee isn't showing any of it.

First NBA all stars lose their first two tune up games, now U.S womens team lose their first game in a long time.

The similarities between the two teams? Maybe in their so-called activism?

Recall the 1980s and the Olympics when Americans were proud and unified. If you have a patriotic nation you win in sports, you win on the world stage, you can confront real enemies in warfare and they can't influence your citizens to turn their backs on their country.

It's only one loss for this team but it seems so much has changed already in the last year.

The U.S. women’s soccer team had its 44-game winning streak snapped in its first match of the Tokyo Olympics on Wednesday, losing to Sweden 3-0.

While the opening ceremonies don’t get started until Friday, the U.S. women’s soccer team is among the handful of squads who start days before the Games officially get underway. But the early opportunity to get a quick win to start the Games was nullified.

Sweden got started early with a Stina Blackstenius header from the right side, beating American goalkeeper Alyssa Naeher.

Blackstenius would score again in the 54th minute of the match to put Sweden up two goals, and the final nail in the coffin for the U.S. would come from Linda Hurting, who replaced Blackstenius in the 64th minute.

If they want to win, they need dudes on the team. Sorry, ladies...

Maybe in their so-called activism?

I'm wondering if the US team roster was built in part with activism as a factor in who made it and who didn't. I don't know, I don't follow the team or the sport much at all, and there could be other factors, like illness, out coached, out-motivated, out-conditioned. But on the field, I doubt anyone is giving it less than 100% physically or mentally due to someone else's politics.

More of a case where the rest of the world is catching up ... when it was just the USA and Canada fielding teams, they won ... now, the East German girls are involved so the competition is stronger in nations who allow their women to excel ...

If the politics disturbs you, then you're not much of a sports fan ... go watch girl's gymnastics, most of them have to put out to get on the team anyway ... makes for better TV viewing ...

Soccer is a girl's sport to begin with ... designed for fairies ... no checking ...

These girls must be too dumb to understand the importance of focus in sports. Their heads are too filled with all this peripheral bullshit to concentrate on their game. But I can't say I'm disappointed with the outcome. I'll never root for America haters because I don't believe they even belong in this country let alone the Olympics. And if some of these America haters eventually find their way onto a US professional team, I hope the public boycotts them. These ingrates deserve nothing. Let them join BLM and hustle stupid people for undeserved donations. That's more their speed.

I’m glad the American-hating lesbian lost

But in the photo I saw at least 3 non lesbians bravely stood with their hand over their heart

And I feel sorry for them

More of a case where the rest of the world is catching up ... when it was just the USA and Canada fielding teams, they won ... now, the East German girls are involved so the competition is stronger in nations who allow their women to excel ...

If the politics disturbs you, then you're not much of a sports fan ... go watch girl's gymnastics, most of them have to put out to get on the team anyway ... makes for better TV viewing ...

Soccer is a girl's sport to begin with ... designed for fairies ... no checking ...

There may be a more boring sport that soccer but if there is I can't think of it.

Women's Soccer Kicks Balls
6two7.gif

Forum List

Back