US v2 or US v1? Which do YOU use and why?

masquerade

positivity
Oct 15, 2009
right of center
Today I discovered US v1. It's much softer on the eyes but I'm not too crazy about how the quotes look within a thread.

Do any of you use this layout?
And can someone tell me which is the classic or original look for USMB?

I prefer the look of v1 and that's the version I've always used. v2 isn't bad by any means, but I just prefer v1.

I imagine it was like alot of others, and was a phpBB board at the beginning:

1_0_1.jpg

Then it was whatever style template they chose.

I forgot about v1 . . . I agree those colors are much easier on the eyes. I use v2 because that's what it defaults to when I log on . . . .

Really? You can make it so it defaults to v1 when you log in. I have it so it happens like that.

I forgot about v1 . . . I agree those colors are much easier on the eyes. I use v2 because that's what it defaults to when I log on . . . .

Really? You can make it so it defaults to v1 when you log in. I have it so it happens like that.

I did not know that. How? I switched it to v1 then logged out and when I logged back it in was back at v2. Where's the magic button?

I did not know that. How? I switched it to v1 then logged out and when I logged back it in was back at v2. Where's the magic button?

User CP

Edit Options

Scroll down to Forum Skin and pick v1.

Save changes, viola.

Okay yup. I've been on that style forum and I hated it. Thanks MM.
I decided to check my own answer, and it looks to be wrong.

The WaybackMachine sez:

On 9/22/03 it was a vBulletin forum, version 2.3.2 and only had 8 active users.

It was at usmessageboard.com/forum and the main site page was straight html. It's actually rather comical:

US Messageboard Original Site

And because the WayBack Machine loads so slowly, here's a screenshot of the first board:

e6vqts.jpg

Last edited:

Okay yup. I've been on that style forum and I hated it. Thanks MM.
I decided to check my own answer, and it looks to be wrong.

The WaybackMachine sez:

On 9/22/03 it was a vBulletin forum, version 2.3.2 and only had 8 active users.

It was at usmessageboard.com/forum and the main site page was straight html. It's actually rather comical:

US Messageboard Original Site

And because the WayBack Machine loads so slowly, here's a screenshot of the first board:

e6vqts.jpg

:lol:

The U.S. Message Board has a long and successful history of educating Liberals,and Muslims to see the light. We find that working with them is not only a creative end in itself but also a powerful tool for educating others in the world how to live in harmony. It frequently turns to name calling,and lies.. at the message board due to not being educated enough to offer a challengable point of view. . The U.S. Message Board also offers exciting challenges to Liberals,and Muslims to speak their mind as "freely as they wish.We believe in freedom of speech,and the freedom to be stupid."

It sounds like one of those groups that is trying to help gays become heterosexual.

Forum List

Back