US submarine hits underwater object in South China Sea

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The vast population of citizens on this planet desire peace. NO citizen should wish that aggressive nations are left unconfronted when they threaten the lives and safety of others. If good men do not stand up, all of civilized humanity pays a price.

I have the utmost appreciation for those deployed on a submarine. They maintain peace and stability in what is potentially the most hostile (and uncomfortable) of environments.

(CNN)A US nuclear powered submarine struck an object underwater in the South China Sea on Saturday, according to two defense officials.
A number of sailors on board the USS Connecticut were injured in the accident, the officials said. None of the injuries were life-threatening, according to a statement from US Pacific Fleet. It's unclear what the Seawolf-class submarine may have hit while it was submerged.
"The submarine remains in a safe and stable condition. USS Connecticut's nuclear propulsion plant and spaces were not affected and remain fully operational," the statement said. "The incident will be investigated." The US Navy did not specify the incident took place in the South China Sea, only that it occurred in international waters in the Indo-Pacific region.
The accident happened as tensions between the US and China soared over the Chinese military's incursions into Taiwan's Air Defense Integration Zone (ADIZ).

Probably bullshit. Something that it will need to go into dry dock for me thinks. That is the only reason we are hearing anything about it "striking something."

If bullshit were gold coins...

What sort of thing do they suspect it's hit?

There's no real reason for a submarine, with it's technology, sonar, radars etc to hit anything other than a sleeping fish.

I think the captain has fucked up or their equipment failed and they're covering it up.

There's no real reason for a submarine, with it's technology, sonar, radars etc to hit anything other than a sleeping fish.

I think the captain has fucked up or their equipment failed and they're covering it up.
iu

It's not BS, it is true. A US Navy submarine crashed into an unknown object underneath the water. Causing damage and injuries.

That's the truth.

What could have it crashed into to cause such damage and injuries?

That's the question.

Skeptics are already out, saying it didn't happen. It did. The question is what it was?

Just like the UFO videos acknowledged by the Navy and the Pentagon. What is it?

Personally, I think it crashed into something it couldn't detect. That's pretty rational.

What that was, I can only speculate.

I can see the Chinese developing stealth technology underwater to protect the islands they are building.

But they also face the same problem of crashing into them. Unless they can detect them.

Either way, they're above our technology right now. We are a weak 2nd, if not 3rd. Bye Bye US superiority.

We have shit we can't explain buzzing our airspace, messing with our nuclear facilities, and posing a major threat to our national security and forces, and we can't explain it...

Is it really the Chinese?

Sonar used while submerged is passive because active tells everyone in the ocean where you are! Radar does not work underwater.

Speaking of sleeping fish, my submarine hit a whale!

It's not BS, it is true. A US Navy submarine crashed into an unknown object underneath the water. Causing damage and injuries.

That's the truth.

What could have it crashed into to cause such damage and injuries?

That's the question.
Several years ago, a submarine ran full speed into an uncharted undersea mountain.

Yes, but that resulted in many injures among all on board. And that's not what happened here. It was a localized crash.

Let's wait to find out what happened, before you start debunking. :)

I'm not saying it's extra-terrestrials... :)

But it's aliens!

Let me tell you what... every meme that has Giorgio, saying it's not aliens... cannot be accessed at the moment. This is going viral!

Google "I'm not saying it's aliens", and try yourself! Click images, and try to see if anyone of those images happen. LOL, this is hysterical.

The vast population of citizens on this planet desire peace. NO citizen should wish that aggressive nations are left unconfronted when they threaten the lives and safety of others. If good men do not stand up, all of civilized humanity pays a price.

I have the utmost appreciation for those deployed on a submarine. They maintain peace and stability in what is potentially the most hostile (and uncomfortable) of environments.

(CNN)A US nuclear powered submarine struck an object underwater in the South China Sea on Saturday, according to two defense officials.
A number of sailors on board the USS Connecticut were injured in the accident, the officials said. None of the injuries were life-threatening, according to a statement from US Pacific Fleet. It's unclear what the Seawolf-class submarine may have hit while it was submerged.
"The submarine remains in a safe and stable condition. USS Connecticut's nuclear propulsion plant and spaces were not affected and remain fully operational," the statement said. "The incident will be investigated." The US Navy did not specify the incident took place in the South China Sea, only that it occurred in international waters in the Indo-Pacific region.
The accident happened as tensions between the US and China soared over the Chinese military's incursions into Taiwan's Air Defense Integration Zone (ADIZ).

Oh, they maintain peace huh? Why is it when the US invades, bombs, interferes it's in the name of "peace", when others do it they're "aggressive"?

The US is as bad as China. China claims it flies planes over Taiwan due to "provocation", literally Taiwan being there is "provocation".

Forum List

Back