US Soldiers NOT Allowed To Defend US Borders From Foreign Enemies

It was a MASSIVE failure of leadership and / or govt in telling the military it could not defend the nation by defending the border and telling them they could NOT defend themselves....

When a foreign military approached US military troops and demanded the US military SURRENDER AND HAND OVER THEIR WEAPONS ... ON US SOIL ... AND THE MILITARY DID IT ... IT WAS A SAD F*ING DAY FOR THIS COUNTRY & THE US MILITARY!

The US troops should have immediately demanded the Mexican Military surrender and hand over THEIR weapons...and if they refused to do so the US troops should have LIT THEM UP!

I bet those Mexican troops are still telling their buddies the story of how they invaded the US and got the US military to surrender and hand over their weapons without a fight...and the Mexican military / their buddies are laughing their asses off...

You want to turn a misunderstanding into a shooting incident. You are the one who needs to be lit up.

Illegal invasion is nothing more than stretching the meaning or relating to a military invasion.

Military invasion is clearly defined as enemy troops

You can use invasion like invasion of privacy does really mean the same as military invasion ,

Summer or winter resorts have an invasion of people when a bunch of people show up for an event or the watch the leaves turn brown.

Applying illegal invasion and them implying that it is a military invasion is just padding an argument using unrelated terms.

If us want to say that it is illegal that they want to come to the US then say it.

If the military see someone crossing the border all they need to do is keep a tabs on their position and call in the border patrol

I would imagine standing there watching them would probably be deterrent enough

There is a border patrol and that is there job, if there are not enough people then hire more people.
Isn’t enemy troops from another country? Doesn’t Mexico count as another country?

It was a MASSIVE failure of leadership and / or govt in telling the military it could not defend the nation by defending the border and telling them they could NOT defend themselves....

When a foreign military approached US military troops and demanded the US military SURRENDER AND HAND OVER THEIR WEAPONS ... ON US SOIL ... AND THE MILITARY DID IT ... IT WAS A SAD F*ING DAY FOR THIS COUNTRY & THE US MILITARY!

The US troops should have immediately demanded the Mexican Military surrender and hand over THEIR weapons...and if they refused to do so the US troops should have LIT THEM UP!

I bet those Mexican troops are still telling their buddies the story of how they invaded the US and got the US military to surrender and hand over their weapons without a fight...and the Mexican military / their buddies are laughing their asses off...

You want to turn a misunderstanding into a shooting incident. You are the one who needs to be lit up.
It’s our country yes?

Tell that to the handfull of Branch Dividian survivors at Waco who were attacked by tanks and helicopters and poison gas during the Clinton Administration.
If this were cold hard fact...

How does that travesty justify anything at all let alone the OP's point?

Not their job to round up women and children and nonviolent immigrants

Oaths of Enlistment and Oaths of Office - U.S. Army Center of Military History

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Posse Comitatus Act
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Posse Comitatus Act
The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) signed on June 18, 1878, by President Rutherford B. Hayes. The purpose of the act – in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807 – is to limit the powers of the federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce domestic policies within the United States. It was passed as an amendment to an army appropriation bill following the end of Reconstruction and was updated in 1956 and 1981.

The act specifically applies only to the United States Army and, as amended in 1956, the United States Air Force. Although the act does not explicitly mention the United States Navy and the United States Marine Corps, the Department of the Navy has prescribed regulations that are generally construed to give the act force with respect to those services as well. The act does not prevent the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor. The United States Coast Guard, which operates under the Department of Homeland Security, is not covered by the Posse Comitatus Act either, primarily because although the Coast Guard is an armed service, it also has both a maritime law enforcement mission and a federal regulatory agency mission.

The title of the act comes from the legal concept of posse comitatus, the authority under which a county sheriff, or other law officer, conscripts any able-bodied person to assist in keeping the peace.

'Does the United States military exist only to defend the borders of foreign countries in the Middle East or is it allowed to defend the borders of the U.S. against terrorist cartels, espionage, infiltrations, and smuggling?'

Sound like a stupid question? Here's one that's going to sound even MORE stupid:

Do US military troops have the right to DEFED THEMSELVES in their own country, on their own die of the border, when approached by foreign troops who order them to surrender their weapons?

According to a NorthCom spokesman, the military troops are there NOT in a Law Enforcement capacity.
-- Well, NO SHIT! The US military is used for the defense of the United States...and since there is an illegal invasion going on right now, why can't they be accepted as being there to protect this nation during this 'invasion'?

Military's mission doesn't include enforcement, so smugglers cross Rio Grande right in front of them
we have a general welfare clause not a general warfare clause.

'Does the United States military exist only to defend the borders of foreign countries in the Middle East or is it allowed to defend the borders of the U.S. against terrorist cartels, espionage, infiltrations, and smuggling?'

Sound like a stupid question? Here's one that's going to sound even MORE stupid:

Do US military troops have the right to DEFED THEMSELVES in their own country, on their own die of the border, when approached by foreign troops who order them to surrender their weapons?

According to a NorthCom spokesman, the military troops are there NOT in a Law Enforcement capacity.
-- Well, NO SHIT! The US military is used for the defense of the United States...and since there is an illegal invasion going on right now, why can't they be accepted as being there to protect this nation during this 'invasion'?

Military's mission doesn't include enforcement, so smugglers cross Rio Grande right in front of them

Well, shit....someone check to see if the people in hell are cold....I agree with the Easy.

The idea that border defense is a "law enforcement" issue is fucking stupid. What more basic function does a military have other than to defend the nation.

The military should defend the border and let the BP and ICE deal with anyone that might get past them.
No. Not even close (and I cant have hell freezing over :D )

The military is not equipped, trained or even chartered to deal with civilians or criminal matters. They exist for a singular purpose - to obliterate the enemy. There is a stark difference in what the military does and the police, ICE or any of the alphabet soup that deals with criminal matters such as smuggling. If you really do want to end crossings and treat this as a military matter then use them but that does not involve detaining or stopping immigrants. It involves military control and killing anyone that disobeys. It is very ugly.

I would say, what the fuck those soldiers are doing there in the first place when they are in a dangerous area and not allowed to engage. We should not have troops anywhere where they are not able to do their job.

Smugglers should have a zero chance of crossing active military personnel. What we need is proper staffing and funding of our forces that are supposed to be dealing with this kind of problem. Equating this 'border defense' to military border defense is silly. They are not even remotely the same thing.

It’s our country yes?

Another crazy idiot.

We are not being invaded. Illegal immigrants are not our enemies.

Just try to take your head out of your ass for a change!
Of course they are our enemies, imposing many harms on us, while disrespecting our laws and us. YOU are the one who needs to get his head out of his ass.

Good OP, easyt.

Harms of Illegal Immigration
1. Americans lose jobs. (especially Whites due to affirmative action).
2. Wage reduction.
3. Tax $ lost (due to off books work + lower wages paid).
4. Remittance $$$ lost. ($138 Billion/year).
5. Tax $$ lost to immigrants on welfare.
6. Increased crime.
7. Increased traffic congestion.
8. Increased pollution.
9. Overcrowding in hospital ERs.
10. Overcrowding in recreational facilities.
11. Overcrowding in government offices.
12. Overcrowding in schools.
13. Decrease in funds available for entitlements.
14. Cultural erosion.
15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)
16. Introduction of foreign diseases
17. Influx of terrorists.
18. Wildfires
19. Litter
20. Housing congestion (loss of available housing)

Posse Comitatus Act

Posse Comitatus Act
The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) signed on June 18, 1878, by President Rutherford B. Hayes. The purpose of the act – in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807 – is to limit the powers of the federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce domestic policies within the United States. It was passed as an amendment to an army appropriation bill following the end of Reconstruction and was updated in 1956 and 1981.

The act specifically applies only to the United States Army and, as amended in 1956, the United States Air Force. Although the act does not explicitly mention the United States Navy and the United States Marine Corps, the Department of the Navy has prescribed regulations that are generally construed to give the act force with respect to those services as well. The act does not prevent the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor. The United States Coast Guard, which operates under the Department of Homeland Security, is not covered by the Posse Comitatus Act either, primarily because although the Coast Guard is an armed service, it also has both a maritime law enforcement mission and a federal regulatory agency mission.

The title of the act comes from the legal concept of posse comitatus, the authority under which a county sheriff, or other law officer, conscripts any able-bodied person to assist in keeping the peace.
The posse comitatis act has been overruled on multiple occasions, by ex- Us presidents, with both NAtional Guard and US troops acting in defense of the US, within US borders. Read a history book.

The posse comitatus act specifically forbids the military from enforcing civilian law. We are not being invaded by any enemy soldiers. You want to blow up a minor incident and turn it into a shooting incident? You are crazy.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Posse Comitatus Act

Posse Comitatus Act

The Insurrection Act shits all over posse comitatus. I’ve taught the ignorant wetback loving fools here this many times over...Look it up.

Posse Comitatus Act

Posse Comitatus Act

The posse comitatis act has been overruled on multiple occasions, by ex- Us presidents, with both NAtional Guard and US troops acting in defense of the US, within US borders. Read a history book.
NOT on a whim, with permission from congress.

READ a History Book! :)

Posse Comitatus Act

Posse Comitatus Act

So you all think our military can’t protect our own land? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

It’s our country yes?

Another crazy idiot.
Yes you are

Posse Comitatus Act

Posse Comitatus Act

Nope

Eisenhower acted on his own. You think different Show proof.

§332. Use of militia and armed forces to enforce
Federal authority.
Whenever the President considers that unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States, make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in any State or Territory by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, he may call into Federal service such of the militia of any State, and use such of the armed forces, as he considers necessary to enforce those laws or to suppress the rebellion. (Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, § 1, 70A Stat. 15.)

https://cdn.loc.gov/service/ll/uscode/uscode1952-01101/uscode1952-011010015/uscode1952-011010015.pdf

Posse Comitatus Act

Posse Comitatus Act

Soldiers cannot enforce civilian law and cannot make arrests.

Posse Comitatus Act

Posse Comitatus Act

So you all think our military can’t protect our own land? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

They can only stop enemy soldiers trying to take over the country.

Forum List

Back