US pulls missile defenses in Saudi Arabia amid Yemen attacks

11 Sep 2021 ~~ By JON GAMBRELL
1000.jpeg

In this satellite photo provided by Planet Labs Inc., an area of Prince Sultan Air Base in Saudi Arabia that once saw Patriot missile batteries stationed with one advanced Terminal High Altitude Air Defense unit stands empty Friday, Sept. 10, 2021. The U.S. has removed its most advanced missile defense system and Patriot batteries from Saudi Arabia in recent weeks, even as the kingdom faced continued air attacks from Yemen's Houthi rebels, satellite photos analyzed by The Associated Press show. (Planet Labs Inc. via AP)

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — The U.S. has removed its most advanced missile defense system and Patriot batteries from Saudi Arabia in recent weeks, even as the kingdom faced continued air attacks from Yemen’s Houthi rebels, satellite photos analyzed by The Associated Press show.
The redeployment of the defenses from Prince Sultan Air Base outside of Riyadh came as America’s Gulf Arab allies nervously watched the chaotic withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan, including their last-minute evacuations from Kabul’s besieged international airport.
...Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby acknowledged “the redeployment of certain air defense assets” after receiving questions from the AP. He said the U.S. maintained a “broad and deep” commitment to its Mideast allies....
...“I think we need to be reassured about American commitment,” the prince told CNBC in an interview aired this week. “That looks like, for example, not withdrawing Patriot missiles from Saudi Arabia at a time when Saudi Arabia is the victim of missile attacks and drone attacks — not just from Yemen, but from Iran.”,...

Comment:
Joey Xi retreats from Afghanistan in the middle of the night, He leaves the Taliban with more military materiel than even Australia has. Now he removes the missile defense system... of a country with one of the largest oil reserves in the world, as he attempts to move away from fossil fuels. Nothing to see here..
Some may argue that this is simply part of the Obama/Biden administration's war against Israel, others will argue that this is just part of a scheme of the Bai Dung administration to undermine and eventually destroy America, both will be right. I, for one, have posted countless times before the November election that the replacement of Donald Trump would result in an ultimate victory for China over the United States.
Our understandable reluctance to engage in Middle Eastern conflicts cannot be reflexive but must be carried out discriminately or Islamists and their Chinese fellow schemers win a different way.
As usual, Joey Xi Bai Dung's way is doing the complete opposite of what is logical.

the ibn saud are the enemies of all americans except the trumps and bushes. their madrassa throughout the islamic world are where terrorists like the taliban are recruited and trained. screw them all. go yemen!

oh gee HOW FUNNY. That idea arose in his brain INDEPENDENTLY just as
ripping babies apart arose in the brains of the gazan mujahadeen INDEPENDENTLY.
Just as resentment over the little blue boxes into which women and children
dropped nickels and dimes for virtually the past 200 years arose in YOUR brain ---- independently or like the image of ANGELS arose in the spirochete intoxicated
brain of my patient ---independently

Rave on. He's from a huge family and they are pro American.

the ibn saud are the enemies of all americans except the trumps and bushes. their madrassa throughout the islamic world are where terrorists like the taliban are recruited and trained. screw them all. go yemen!
You missed Carter---much more important than DA BUSHIES. Funny you say YEMEN---
even my hubby does not wish that horror on them----he says EGYPT

My God. How stupid. Madrassas are in Pakistan for boys between the ages of 6 and 12.

The Taliban are Afghani war orphans.

11 Sep 2021 ~~ By JON GAMBRELL
1000.jpeg

In this satellite photo provided by Planet Labs Inc., an area of Prince Sultan Air Base in Saudi Arabia that once saw Patriot missile batteries stationed with one advanced Terminal High Altitude Air Defense unit stands empty Friday, Sept. 10, 2021. The U.S. has removed its most advanced missile defense system and Patriot batteries from Saudi Arabia in recent weeks, even as the kingdom faced continued air attacks from Yemen's Houthi rebels, satellite photos analyzed by The Associated Press show. (Planet Labs Inc. via AP)

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — The U.S. has removed its most advanced missile defense system and Patriot batteries from Saudi Arabia in recent weeks, even as the kingdom faced continued air attacks from Yemen’s Houthi rebels, satellite photos analyzed by The Associated Press show.
The redeployment of the defenses from Prince Sultan Air Base outside of Riyadh came as America’s Gulf Arab allies nervously watched the chaotic withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan, including their last-minute evacuations from Kabul’s besieged international airport.
...Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby acknowledged “the redeployment of certain air defense assets” after receiving questions from the AP. He said the U.S. maintained a “broad and deep” commitment to its Mideast allies....
...“I think we need to be reassured about American commitment,” the prince told CNBC in an interview aired this week. “That looks like, for example, not withdrawing Patriot missiles from Saudi Arabia at a time when Saudi Arabia is the victim of missile attacks and drone attacks — not just from Yemen, but from Iran.”,...

Comment:
Joey Xi retreats from Afghanistan in the middle of the night, He leaves the Taliban with more military materiel than even Australia has. Now he removes the missile defense system... of a country with one of the largest oil reserves in the world, as he attempts to move away from fossil fuels. Nothing to see here..
Some may argue that this is simply part of the Obama/Biden administration's war against Israel, others will argue that this is just part of a scheme of the Bai Dung administration to undermine and eventually destroy America, both will be right. I, for one, have posted countless times before the November election that the replacement of Donald Trump would result in an ultimate victory for China over the United States.
Our understandable reluctance to engage in Middle Eastern conflicts cannot be reflexive but must be carried out discriminately or Islamists and their Chinese fellow schemers win a different way.
As usual, Joey Xi Bai Dung's way is doing the complete opposite of what is logical.
If the Saudies can buy a golf tournament they can afford to buy their own air defense equipment and operate it themselves

The Shia in Arabia are okay. Are you about Iran?
that's nice to know----of course there is no shiite/sunni divide--the shia of
Iran just IMAGINE there is-----as to the shia of the Indian subcontinent---
as do the SHIA of Iraq-----the Houthis got a thing for----the idea too---

Iran just IMAGINE there is-----as to the shia of the Indian subc
Iran just IMAGINE there is-----as to the shia of the Indian subcontinent---
ontinent---

Shia are a minority except in Iran. I take it that you know what the Houthis want.

My God. How stupid. Madrassas are in Pakistan for boys between the ages of 6 and 12.

The Taliban are Afghani war orphans.
not according to the pakistani boys with whom I worked. They boasted
relatives and classmates who had left Pakistan and even their
colllege campuses & JOINED UP with the Taliban----for the noble purpose
of creating a SHARIAH UTOPIA

not according to the pakistani boys with whom I worked. They boasted
relatives and classmates who had left Pakistan and even their
colllege campuses & JOINED UP with the Taliban----for the noble purpose
of creating a SHARIAH UTOPIA

Arabs love... I mean love.. putting people on.

Pakistanis are not arabs-----have you been living under a rock all your life?
According to Mr Baloch

Except Balochs and Pashtuns, rest of Pakistanis are Indian by race. Anybody who claim to be of Arab lineage is false among them. What I observe is that Pakistanis have an identity crisis, coz they were all Indian 70 years before.

How can they be arab all of a sudden without any proper arab lineage? Arabs live in tribes and their culture traditions, language are entirely different than Pakistanis. They dont have single similaritites with Arabs except that of religion.

They were Indians 70 years before, they were hindus 1000 years before. Yet they have so much hatred engineered in their minds through false history and curriculum about Indians and Hindus.

According to Mr Baloch

Except Balochs and Pashtuns, rest of Pakistanis are Indian by race. Anybody who claim to be of Arab lineage is false among them. What I observe is that Pakistanis have an identity crisis, coz they were all Indian 70 years before.

How can they be arab all of a sudden without any proper arab lineage? Arabs live in tribes and their culture traditions, language are entirely different than Pakistanis. They dont have single similaritites with Arabs except that of religion.

They were Indians 70 years before, they were hindus 1000 years before. Yet they have so much hatred engineered in their minds through false history and curriculum about Indians and Hindus.
Oh----well ---linguistically those of West Pakistan are more like Pashtun---those of
east Pakistan---now called BANGLA DESH ---are BENGALI and culturally---very BENGALI I have never encountered a Pakistan who tried to claim ARAB lineage. The shiites of Pakistan and India seem to have an AFFINITY for Iran and even consider Farsi something like a "holy language" As to "hatreds"-----in my experience---such at it is----the divide there--
besides the deadly hatred between shiites and sunnis IS the hatred between West Pakistan
and the current BANGLA DESH (the erstwhile East Pakistan) Of course all cite the
MUGHAL EMPIRE as the UTOPIA OF LEGEND

Forum List

Back