US oil..............exports ???

"...the U.S. exports more oil than it imports, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration - and has done so for nearly two decades."

Curious that the article doesn't back this up with a reference.
Maybe Mr. Douger can find us one?

My understanding is that the US has tremendous oil reserves, but not much of it gets pumped out of the ground due to prices being so low for domestic oil. The plan, I believe is to buy up oil in other countries until it is all gone. Think about how it will be when WE are the only ones who have oil to sell! I was told once that we even replaced the crude in a well that had been used. That was several years ago, so I don't have a link for it.

I believe there is a plan, and that is for the US to dominate the crude oil markets in the future. To do that we have to use as much imported oil as we can and when that is gone, use and sell our own.

Products exports, not crude.
Just over 1 m bbls exported, compared to 11 m b.o.d. imported.
You make it sound like we're a net exporter which will never happen.
Products, not crude- again.
Sorry. I couldn't find anything on Fox " news" so you probably wont believe it.
I don't watch Fox.

But I sometimes Run With the Fox. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMNcd-NG0Rw]Yes[/ame]

So the drill baby drill crowd's collective heads will explode now?

The drill baby drill folks still speak about OUR oil, as though the oil drilled in the USA is somehow OUR oil.

These ignoramouses haven't got the brains god gave geese.

The drill baby drill folks still speak about OUR oil, as though the oil drilled in the USA is somehow OUR oil.

It certainly isn't imported oil, paid for with dollars that leave the country.
It's drilled for by Americans who are employed, earning wages, paying taxes...
The royalties earned go to local, state, and the federal government. In many states, oil production is taxed as real property- those taxes go to schools, fire protection districts, etc.

Since your brain is obviously larger than that of a goose, you tell me who drills 95% of the wells in this country- a) "Big Oil" or b) Independently owned companies.

?

Mr. H, you truly know your stuff!

All I did was read the articles that Big D posted.

Here's a good clip:

But many energy experts say oil and petroleum products are traded globally, and it may make economic sense to export gasoline refined along the U.S. Gulf Coast to Latin America and import European-refined gasoline to U.S. East Coast markets.

"The fact is that the (United States) participates in global markets for both crude and refined products, and there are any number of variables that impact supply and prices in those markets," said Bill Holbrook, spokesman for the National Petrochemicals and Refiners Association.

The White House said it was against requiring U.S. oil products to stay at home.

"Forbidding exports of U.S. petroleum reduces the incentive for domestic suppliers to produce, and could potentially lead to higher prices if U.S. production or refining declined," said White House spokesman Scott Stanzel.

The 1.6 million barrels a day in record petroleum exports represented 9 percent of total U.S. refining capacity of 17.6 million barrels a day.

It IS your oil. You whored yourselves to corporations. Bring the meatheads home and nationalize energy.

I know an old guy who nurses a few barrels of oil a day from a handful of 1950's oilwells.
Just him. He's a sole proprietor, not a big business or a corporation. It's a decent living at $80 oil.

These are the kinds of folks that operate over 300,000 wells nationwide.

Dougy you're a colorful character but I can't sit by while you spew such bullshit.

I know an old guy who nurses a few barrels of oil a day from a handful of 1950's oilwells.
Just him. He's a sole proprietor, not a big business or a corporation. It's a decent living at $80 oil.

These are the kinds of folks that operate over 300,000 wells nationwide.

Dougy you're a colorful character but I can't sit by while you spew such bullshit.

H, alot of what you post about oil concurs with the opinions of a friend of mine, an older Oklahoma oil man.
As far as this thread is concerned, a Mark Twain quote applies to Douger:

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please."

New Topics

Forum List

Back