US Navy Reveals What Really Happened in the USS John McCain Catastrophe

Good article. Thanks for sharing.

The budget constraints in turn forced the Navy to move money from their weapons modernization and training accounts in order to fund the current missions, the Daily Mail reported.
Concerning defense in general, the constraint of funds for military research and modernization due to our wars in the Mid-East concerns me. We help ourselves by putting the best equipment out there to support those protecting us.

The Navy has been able to avoid collisions with other vessels even before there was radar.

Why would anyone believe that 'modernization' is responsible for not keeping an adequate visual or radar watch?
With the world wide web more people know about the mishaps in the military............You just didn't know what has transpired before............Not everything was reported in the past.

Heavy seas can limit visual abilities, and hamper radar.............but you can't rule out human error as well. Those people serving are our friends, neighbors, and countrymen. I guarantee you they sure as hell didn't want to collide with anyone. I'll wait for the official report.
If sailors were killed because of a collision it would have made the news
Decades ago............nope
Are you trying to tell us the Navy would cover up the deaths of 17 sailors and the inactivation of two Destroyers because of collisions?

Good article. Thanks for sharing.

The budget constraints in turn forced the Navy to move money from their weapons modernization and training accounts in order to fund the current missions, the Daily Mail reported.
Concerning defense in general, the constraint of funds for military research and modernization due to our wars in the Mid-East concerns me. We help ourselves by putting the best equipment out there to support those protecting us.

The Navy has been able to avoid collisions with other vessels even before there was radar.

Why would anyone believe that 'modernization' is responsible for not keeping an adequate visual or radar watch?
With the world wide web more people know about the mishaps in the military............You just didn't know what has transpired before............Not everything was reported in the past.

Heavy seas can limit visual abilities, and hamper radar.............but you can't rule out human error as well. Those people serving are our friends, neighbors, and countrymen. I guarantee you they sure as hell didn't want to collide with anyone. I'll wait for the official report.
Are you trying to tell us the Navy would cover up the deaths of 17 sailors and the inactivation of two Destroyers because of collisions?
No........I'm telling you people die on almost every major deployment. Guy died on ours......Jogging on the flight deck.

Seals went into a rescue mission in the Med while I was in........not all came back.......and you didn't hear squat.

No........I'm telling you people die on almost every major deployment. Guy died on ours......Jogging on the flight deck.

Seals went into a rescue mission in the Med while I was in........not all came back.......and you didn't hear squat.
Big difference between some guy jogging and two ships colliding

Big difference between some guy jogging and two ships colliding
Or people dying on a mission and you never heard a word.

They should take the Navy crews on a field trip to amusement parks and let them ride the bumper cars many times. That way they might get a better idea of what is going on. Better yet, they can build bumper car rides at their training bases.

Admiral William Moran, the vice chief of naval operations, said a combination of the hectic pace of military operations along with the military’s tight budget led to the McCain collision, as well as the crash of the USS Fitzgerald in June

That does not explain what happened

That seems like a plea for more funding

Yeah-- a peace time deployment in a ship with the most modern electronics runs into another ship- while we had entire fleets in World War 2 with far more rudimentary radar somehow not running into each other while running blacked out.

I would like to see exactly how these latest two collisions happened. His explanation is far from a honest explanation.
Simple explanation to why it happened:

Diversity in the workplace!

Right- because to a Trump voter like yourself- if only it was an all White, male, crew- the collision would not have happened.
Very astute! There might be hope for you yet. To help you complete your journey to learning racial awareness and the dangers of DIEversity, I urge you to read or listen to this masterpiece.

images

Forum List

Back