US jobless aid lowest since April

I guess the repub prayers for a recession are not working well?
Try getting one Dimmer ilk.
How about the tens of thousands of layoffs in the tech sector?
The recession is here jimboliar.

I'm not sure you understand what a recession entails, Lesh.

Most economists would disagree with you.

I'm not sure you understand what a recession entails, Lesh.

Most economists would disagree with you.

Would they?

Can you find a lot of economists that say we are currently in a recession?

And for the matter, if there is a recession and there is no major job losses...would anyone even notice?

The economy is going to have to cool, and with that it will cool the jobs.
For the rest of your post, try Google.

Normally you might be correct, but never have there been so many job openings in a "cooling economy".

This is what will keep what is normally the worst part of an recession from being so this time around.

Tell that to Apple, and Amazon.

Here is a good read.

A bit of context on those numbers....all these companies way over hired during the pandemic and now that thigns are back to normal they are paring back....but just a tiny percent of those hired in the last two years.

1675366889838.png

A bit of context on those numbers....all these companies way over hired during the pandemic and now that thigns are back to normal they are paring back....but just a tiny percent of those hired in the last two years.

View attachment 753047
Losing a job is losing a job, Gator.
As this economy cools, it will only get worse.
The feds have to raise the lending rate, and few economists think it will be a soft landing.

Losing a job is losing a job, Gator.
As this economy cools, it will only get worse.
The feds have to raise the lending rate, and few economists think it will be a soft landing.

Yes, losing a job for an individual is a bad thing.

But an individual losing their job when there are more than a million open positions is not as bad as losing one when there are none.

I have lost faith in most economists these days, they seem to be correct less often than the weather guy on TV

Normally you might be correct, but never have there been so many job openings in a "cooling economy".

This is what will keep what is normally the worst part of an recession from being so this time around.

Ask yourself whether these openings come from actual or forecast expansion , or , whether they are actually required replacements for others who seem to have disappeared .

Just suppose the Pure Ones are right and perhaps even millions have disappeared .
The establishment would not dare make such an admission and will do everything in their power to find ways to deny it .

So let's see how the year progresses . Because I know (!) it will get many times worse .

P.S. See how that 11 million figure stinks to high heaven .

Biden must have cut jobless aid.

:rolleyes-41: You put a lot of faith in the government, I don't.
I look around and see what is going on, I don't look for the government telling me.

When I look around I see are HELP WANTED signs every where I go. I cannot think of a business I deal with on a regular basis that is not looking to for employees.

And yeah, I know a good number of statisticians that work for the government in both the BLS and the USDA and they are all very competent people at their jobs.

When I look around I see are HELP WANTED signs every where I go. I cannot think of a business I deal with on a regular basis that is not looking to for employees.

And yeah, I know a good number of statisticians that work for the government in both the BLS and the USDA and they are all very competent people at their jobs.
Bottom line is that jobs are a lagging indicator for a recession. The cooling of the economy
is the forefront to a recession, and that's what the fed banks are in the process of doing with their
raising the rates. The inflation has to come down and there are consequences to getting that done.

Bottom line is that jobs are a lagging indicator for a recession. The cooling of the economy
is the forefront to a recession, and that's what the fed banks are in the process of doing with their
raising the rates. The inflation has to come down and there are consequences to getting that done.

You know, I keep hearing this...but....

The Great Recession started in Dec 2007 officially. By that time 2 of the previous 4 months had negative job growth.

The 2000 recession started in Mar 2001 officially. By that time 4 of the previous 8 months had negative job growth.

You know, I keep hearing this...but....

The Great Recession started in Dec 2007 officially. By that time 2 of the previous 4 months had negative job growth.

The 2000 recession started in Mar 2001 officially. By that time 4 of the previous 8 months had negative job growth.
You're going to keep hearing this for most of this year....as we go deeper and deeper in debt.
The inflation is not transitory...period.

Keep listening to Biden, he'll tell you this is the greatest economy ever.
That will help you sleep nights. :rolleyes-41:

You're going to keep hearing this for most of this year....as we go deeper and deeper in debt.

We have been going deeper and deeper in debt since Reagan was POTUS.

Why did we not hear this with all the damn debt Trump added?

Why did we not hear this with all the debt Obama added after his recession ended?

Forum List

Back