US is worse off now than it was a year ago

No, opinions can't possibly be wrong. All you just said is opinion, and since we can see they are your opinions, we can't say they are wrong until you change them (the sooner the better) because what is, is. That is what you think, a good definition of opinion.

Something described as a fact can be wrong (and usually is, I've noticed) if facts are defined as an opinion backed up by an objective measurement or observation, but that observation is incorrect. Like the idea that Trump lost? That is an opinion at the moment, may always be, and it is being claimed as a fact by people who believe the election results, but as an wrongheaded opinion by those who think a lot of states jimmied the votes. A consensus may form at some point, but even a consensus will never be a fact unless there is some clearly objective measurement one way or the other that can be agreed on as the relevant measure by rational people.

People love to think the above --- whether Trump won or lost the last election -- is a "fact" one way or another, but I've noticed such facts, and indeed nearly all "facts" are simply opinions that someone badly wants others to believe.

Like that the sun rises in the East. That's only an opinion: other people think the Earth turns. Many people were tied to wooden stakes with firewood piled around them and burned alive for both opinions. So I am not a fan of saying opinions are facts.
The desire to demote all facts into opinions is one which people use to manipulate others.

If there are no facts, you can believe anything you want. All opinions are valid. You’re not wrong for believing absurdities. You just have a different opinion.

You thought an opinion could be wrong. Pretty dumb. Even my 12-year old knows better.
I feel bad that you tell your 12 year old nonsense but I guess it could be worse.

Your kid will grow up in a world where absurdities are treated as legitimate. It’s sad and destructive.

56% of independents reporting that they believe the country is worse off today than it was a year ago, according to the most recent Quinnipiac poll.

View attachment 556603

I am not sure how much worse it can get then again winter is coming and who knows what rising oil/gas prices will do and supply chain is still broken and there is a nasty caravan headed our way. The Potted Plant in Chief has NO PLAN!
The greatest problem the Biden Administration faces is the fact that Mr. Trump left office under strange and unprecedented conditions. Leaving behind a handful of Executive Orders that cannot be rescinded by Biden and company because they all deal with a national emergency action.

Notice how all of a sudden there is a Shortage of this or that that is effecting the bottom line of certain industries......mostly controlled by China? Ever notice there are countless cargo containers from China sitting in ports that cannot enter the country? An automotive Chip shortage you say? The Chicoms had to shut down 60% of its magnesium production plants...why? Because our national security agencies and our military refuse to allow trade with China under the conditions stated in Trump's EOs..............they are collecting evidence of how China hacked into our national presidential election process.

China is having a panic attack......because their puppet administration can't accomplish a damn thing.......its the Chicoms that are suffering. Trump hit them hard in their pocket book.

On a different note: The talk is Bill Clinton is about to become history.......so don't be surprised at what happens over the next few weeks and months. DC is about to experience a political earthquake.

If there are no facts, you can believe anything you want. All opinions are valid. You’re not wrong for believing absurdities. You just have a different opinion.
That's it!! You're getting it!

And boy, they do believe anything they want, and by the hundreds of millions, and billions and billions, since time immemorial. That's how the world is, and people. They just haul off and believe anything they want to.

I THINK I know what you are doing wrong. (Well, aside from not defining your terms. You've got to define what words mean if you're going to argue about them.) You are giving the word "opinion" a MORAL dimension. You are saying that if people believe something of which you disapprove, that's a BAD opinion, but instead of saying bad, you say "wrong," which sometimes means bad in regular English. This is all very confusing and you should perhaps stop doing that.

When people normally use the word opinion, as in, "That's just your opinion, but I guess you're entitled to it!" they are saying someone believes something (that they don't like) that is not tied to measurable, agreed-on "facts." Therefore people naturally try to promote their opinions into fact-ness, saying, "That's no opinion, that's a FACT!!!" This is not a useful communication, of course, since the opinion in question is surely unpromotable. There are very few facts, because people agree on so very little. I'm hard-pressed to think of a fact, really. I like Azog's rain in London example, though. Assuming we agree on a definition of rain, we can prove or disprove statements like "It rains in London ALL THE TIME! It never stops!! It's been raining steadily for WEEKS!" The word "steadily" might need an agreed-on definition, but we could come up with a result we agree on here as factual: that the speaker really just needs to go home to California where the weather is better.

On a different note: The talk is Bill Clinton is about to become history.......so don't be surprised at what happens over the next few weeks and months. DC is about to experience a political earthquake.
I can't see the death of a long-ex president as being much of an earthquake.

That is not true. You are the epic stupid. People are tired of being treated like slaves by business. In addition they also value their health. For example a recent poll said that 50% of employees would quit if they were forced to return to the office.

Let it out. You hate this country and yes, it is true. We'll not listen to your vitriolic hate, seething rage, and lies.

You are very sick individual. Over 700,000 deaths is a large number of deaths. You can take your percentages and shove it up your ass. If there were 100 people on a plane and the captain announced 1 passenger would die before they reach the destination, I suspect everyone would get off. In addition, a large number of people suffer long-term or even permanent health effects. A new study suggests there could be brain issues such as loss of memory or difficulty in thinking.

Go pound sand. Let us know when that number hits 62 million, the number of babies that have been aborted in this country. You're scared, terrified, full of bitterness and your words are hollow. You're not credible as you push your lies.

Who are you to judge what is and is not absurd?
We are all judges. Let’s take this another step. People are trying to confuse what is an opinion and what isn’t.

Let me ask you another question. Is it an opinion to believe Trump won the election?

We are all judges. Let’s take this another step. People are trying to confuse what is an opinion and what isn’t.

Let me ask you another question. Is it an opinion to believe Trump won the election?
100%...and many share it. Look at my Wall of Fame.. JoeB believes the NBA is rigged. Is his opinion wrong?

100%...and many share it. Look at my Wall of Fame.. JoeB believes the NBA is rigged. Is his opinion wrong?
But wait. The person who won the election is a knowable fact. As in, either Trump won or he didn’t. He either won more votes or he didn’t. A belief that he won relies on the existence of facts not yet known.

So what exactly is NOT an opinion anymore?

But wait. The person who won the election is a knowable fact. As in, either Trump won or he didn’t. He either won more votes or he didn’t. A belief that he won relies on the existence of facts not yet known.

No, wait, you aren't defining terms again. You asked if it is an opinion to believe that Trump won the last election. You have to define what you mean by "won."

If it is your opinion that this means who got the most votes certified by Congress rather late on the night of Jan. 6, what with some distractions going on, okay, he won in your opinion.

But a lot of people are defining win as meaning who got the most HONEST votes, not counting faked ballots, illegals voting, dead people's names being voted, digital bits being flipped in Dominion voting machines, etc. Those people believe that Trump won.

There may well be a consensus about that, but you'll have to wait a century for it and it still won't be a "fact." Just an agreement to let it go, probably. I think the consensus is now that Jack Kennedy's election was stolen in Chicago, but that took a long time to develop. It had to wait out his martyr status because of the assassination.

As for your last question, the answer is that almost everything is only an opinion. Excepting rain in London and some answers to math problems. No, strike the latter: BLM wants answers to math problems to be opinions, too, because black kids can't seem to get the answers whites want.

Yes because of Dems. There is fraud not allowing me to comment on that subject. People can say words in a sarcastic way. Demes take the word, not considering that on purpose, for their own end. There were more votes for Biden in states than there were people in those states? Either people voted more than once, or dead people voted. Dems ignore that.

They are disputing that the votes were valid. They aren't disputing that if the votes were valid that Biden would have won as he won more Electoral Votes. So in their opinion many fraudulent votes were counted. It is not a fact since they cannot prove it.

Treatment of Jews is very important to me.
I’m aware of that. They’re vermin to you because of what they think of Jews, not because of their conservative ideologies.

You show nothing but contempt for “leftists” yet you never speak down on someone for being a “rightist”.

Why is that? The answer is pretty obvious - you’re no independent. Just own it already. Not sure why you’re pretending to be something you’re not.

New Topics

Forum List

Back