US healthcare system under pressure - cant cope

Are you kidding?

trump and his followers have been wanting to open up the economy for weeks now.

They don't care how many people will die. They don't care that it will totally collapse our health care system our economy and destroy our nation.

All they care about is money and trump retaining the presidency.

The last thing they want to do is make sure someone they don't know have proper health care. In fact they believe they have the right to make it legal to kick millions of people off insurance just so they can have very low premiums.

If you think trump and his followers give one bit about Americans you have not been paying attention.
Are you on crack?

We have medicare for old people, and its constitutional.

I hate to rain on your parade but who is going to foot the bill. Do you know what are unfunded liabilities?

Unfunded%20Liability2019-08-22-L.jpg
Medicare is funded by the Social Security Administration. Which means it's funded by taxpayers: We all pay 1.45% of our earnings into FICA - Federal Insurance Contributions Act, if you're into deciphering acronyms - which go toward Medicare. Employers pay another 1.45%, bringing the total to 2.9%. (If you're self-employed, you must cough up the entire 2.9%.) The Medicare deduction on your paycheck might say FICA-HI. The HI refers to Health Insurance, and it's your premium cost for all Medicare coverage.

Typical of the far-left Progressives.

When asked a question they can't answer, or one they refuse to answer, they simply answer a question as demonstrated here by my good friend "dudmuck".

I did not ask how Medicare was currently being underfunded. I asked where the money was going to come from to make up the shortfall, the UNFUNDED LIABILITY.

Unfunded%20Liability2019-08-22-L.jpg

There have been many virus deaths in NYC.

Why?

NYC has some of the best hospitals in the world. Sloan Kettering is the premier cancer center in the world. Cornel Medical Center has the best burn unit in the world. The Hospital for Special Surgery is probably the best ortho surgical center in the world. NYU Langone medical has pioneered many of the surgical techniques used for re-implantation for severed appendages... People come from all over the world to be treated at these hospitals. In addition to those hospitals, several of the best trauma centers in the world are located in NYC.

What you don't realize is, there are two types of hospitals in NYC.

The first type is the private hospitals, like those listed above. They are large corporate run for-profit hospitals, and are well equipped, well staffed, and have some of the best doctors and nurses that can be found anywhere.

The second type of NYC hospital are those that are run by the city itself. These are New York City government operated hospitals, and like anything run by a government, are a terrible representation of their private run brethren. They don't pay well, so you get the doctors and nurses that cant get jobs at the private hospitals... They are poorly equipped both in terms of numbers and also out dated equipment. They are grossly understaffed on a good day, combined with not having the tier 1 staffing of other hospitals. And to top it all off, they have limited ability to purchase needed supplies until they have a emergent shortage, and following the normal government BS, it takes forever to get anything done...

These are the hospitals that are a total failure. These hospitals normally lose millions of dollars per year and are a perfect example of why any government shouldn't try and do something the private sector does well. The government can never do anything right.

We should never have government health care in this country. Not only is is immoral to tax productive people to pay for the health care of the non productive but the filthy government will screw it up like they screw up everything else.

The article makes some interesting points. Millions of Americans have lost their jobs AND their healthcare in this crisis. Surely the time is now right to put people over profit ?
This is not only an American problem Tommy. Everywhere millions of people are losing their jobs due to coronavirus crisis and healthcare systems are under pressure all over the world.
Nobody really was expecting a pandemic in 2020 :(
Love/Heart. Please post some links to your local news stuff. Some of us acknowledge that there are other countries outside of ol #1.
Peru and Chile are doing pretty well OUTSIDE the big cities ? How is Manila ?
Hi Likkmee :hhello:
Manila is unrecognizable! Streets are empty, almost all stores are closed...you can find only a few people walking on the streets and 99% of them wear masks (and sometimes even gloves) :(
Our President said he wants to declare martial laws in response to coronavirus....I hope he won't do that.... :(
The links below are good to get some news from my country :smile:

INQUIRER.net
Philstar.com | Latest Philippine news and multimedia

He meant that the president's authority is total with respect to the case they are discussing, not in absolute sense. That is a fact.
He was absolutely 100% WRONG even in THIS instance.

He does NOT have "absolute authority" in this...

And who knows what he "meant". All we have are HIS words

The article makes some interesting points. Millions of Americans have lost their jobs AND their healthcare in this crisis. Surely the time is now right to put people over profit ?

I've told you before and I'll tell you again.

Fuck off you fucking queen cunnt licking Brit. You'd be fucking saluting Hitler if it weren't for Americans blood.

So again, FUCK YOU.
Prince-Harry-Nazi-dress-up.jpg

I noticed they've started adding to the death total folks who died from otherwise natural causes ... pretty quick they'll be including everyone who died to justify the lock downs ...
That's already being done. People who die in car accidents or drug overdoses are added to the Chinese virus list. New York changed the death certificates of over 3000 people who died of other causes.

That's already being done. People who die in car accidents or drug overdoses are added to the Chinese virus list. New York changed the death certificates of over 3000 people who died of other causes.
Bullshit

Ah ... the new excuse is that the Covid-19 test is only 2/3's accurate ... any and all upper respiratory ailments are being listed as Covid-19 whether the test is positive or negative ...

Ah ... the new excuse is that the Covid-19 test is only 2/3's accurate ... any and all upper respiratory ailments are being listed as Covid-19 whether the test is positive or negative ...
Link required

There have been reports that the test can give false negatives in up to 30% of cases.

If it shows positive...the accuracy is very high.

That's an important distinction. Getting a negative test does not mean you can go about your life as if nothing is going on. There is also the possibility that you could be infected AFTER taking the test.

But POSITIVE results (especially since they are very accurate) tell health professionals where the hot spots are and what the disease is doing...in addition to getting YOU treated

In short...we need to test aggressively. And we need to have enough tests that we can do RANDOM tests

I gave up on healthcare and retirement. Social security won't pay the rent. The only path to decent living is winning the lottery. Winning the lottery is both my health plan and retirement plan. There is no other way for me in the United States of America. Not my fault either. Its nobodies fault but theirs.

Forum List

Back