US Government is not a good source for Toyota info.

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
The US Government has a vested interest in seeing Toyota fall from the top spot on car sales. And the President and this administration have shown bias in the past month or so.

This story indicates that when reviewed the driver had used his brake and gas pedal over 250 times. I can see the brake being used to stop thye car but why the gas pedal?

Report fails to shed light on SoCal runaway Prius - Yahoo! News

The US Government has a vested interest in seeing Toyota fall from the top spot on car sales. And the President and this administration have shown bias in the past month or so.

This story indicates that when reviewed the driver had used his brake and gas pedal over 250 times. I can see the brake being used to stop thye car but why the gas pedal?

What does the US Government have anything to do with the article?

Are you blaming this runaway Prius on Obama?

I suggest you pull your head out of your ass and read the story. The Federal Government investigates accidents and has been very public in their attacks on Toyota. As is mentioned in the story about another accident.

Just go back to posting dumb ass threads to up your post count.

I suggest you pull your head out of your ass and read the story. The Federal Government investigates accidents and has been very public in their attacks on Toyota. As is mentioned in the story about another accident.

So, are you concluding that Sykes is a rogue agent for the Federal Government in a wide-ranging scheme to bring down Toyota? And that this plot is masterminded by Obama?

Very believable, Terral!

Toyota is getting what they deserve for corporate smugness. They have lost their edge and have turned into the fatcat that GM used to be

Good job by the US Govt for holding their hands to the fire

Toyota is getting what they deserve for corporate smugness. They have lost their edge and have turned into the fatcat that GM used to be

Good job by the US Govt for holding their hands to the fire

says it all. it's a witch hunt.

It would have been nice if he was asked if he did press the gas pedal repeatedly. Perhaps it was his effort to get it unstuck. Or perhaps it is part of the fault of a sticky gas pedal that misinforms the vehicle's computer. I'm sure you don't care that the brake was also repeatedly pushed.

Either way...even if this guy was lying about his situation...you're a fucking retard for seeing a conspiracy.

It would have been nice if he was asked if he did press the gas pedal repeatedly. Perhaps it was his effort to get it unstuck. Or perhaps it is part of the fault of a sticky gas pedal that misinforms the vehicle's computer. I'm sure you don't care that the brake was also repeatedly pushed.

Either way...even if this guy was lying about his situation...you're a fucking retard for seeing a conspiracy.

Never claimed there was a conspiracy, especially in this incident. That would be you and dumb ass making the claim. What I said is we can not trust the US Government to be an impartial player in this as they have a VESTED Interest in damaging Toyota's standing and have proven they will do or say anything to do that.

You two should get married, you have one brain cell and he has maybe 2, then you could collide the three together and make a bigger explosion when the methane filling both your heads explodes.

I actually had the same thought. It seems like everything about the accident investigations is extremely publicised. Probably just paranoia but who knows if there are motives in addition to just public safety.

Interesting that a car can still go over 90 mph while pressing and RELEASING the gas pedal 250 times if there was nothing wrong. Clearly his foot was not flooring the gas pedal the whole time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From your link:
"It was staying ahead of us and it was later determined that the agent driving the Chevrolet Tahoe was aware of the situation," Neibert wrote.
The Prius brake lights were on "for a period of time and would turn off, indicating the driver was possibly pumping the brakes," Neibert wrote. "I was within 1/4 mile of the vehicle and could smell the heated brakes which indicated they had been used extensively."

Forum List

Back