US economy facing 'modest' recession next year, Fannie Mae says

Ordinary Guy

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2021

Rising interest rates at the Fed and sky-high inflation could trigger a recession​

The U.S. economic outlook is dimming and a downturn could be on the horizon as the Federal Reserve moves to tame the hottest inflation in four decades, according to Fannie Mae economists.

The mortgage lender said in a new economic and housing forecast that the economy faces a "modest recession" in 2023 as a result of the Fed's aggressive monetary policy tightening trajectory, fallout from the Russian war in Ukraine and the worst inflation in a generation.

Be sure and pat yourself on the back if you voted democrat.-OG

We're always heading towards a recession. No one can tell you when it will start, or how bad it will be, or how long it will last. NO one.

There are already signs that we may be closer to the end of this inflationary period than the beginning.

Those who are hoping for the worst can pick all the negative stories they want. No one can know for sure.

We're always heading towards a recession. No one can tell you when it will start, or how bad it will be, or how long it will last. NO one.

There are already signs that we may be closer to the end of this inflationary period than the beginning.

Those who are hoping for the worst can pick all the negative stories they want. No one can know for sure.
Bankers get a 6 months to one year notice, I am married to the CFO of one of them, you better plan for it, it will be Jimmy Carter like but worse. For anyone with less than a 6 figure household income it will really suck

Bankers get a 6 months to one year notice, I am married to the CFO of one of them, you better plan for it, it will be Jimmy Carter like but worse. For anyone with less than a 6 figure household income it will really suck
Sure, okay.

No one knows for sure. Speaking of banks:

Rising interest rates at the Fed and sky-high inflation could trigger a recession​

The U.S. economic outlook is dimming and a downturn could be on the horizon as the Federal Reserve moves to tame the hottest inflation in four decades, according to Fannie Mae economists.

The mortgage lender said in a new economic and housing forecast that the economy faces a "modest recession" in 2023 as a result of the Fed's aggressive monetary policy tightening trajectory, fallout from the Russian war in Ukraine and the worst inflation in a generation.

Be sure and pat yourself on the back if you voted democrat.-OG
We've been in a recession since Jan....they just won't admit it.

Threads like this are fun because so many people come on them and show their ignorance of words.

Morons on here do not even know what a recession is

Yesterday, the wife bought some pasta at the local market for $1.00 a box. A pretty good price.

This morning, she went back to get some more and it was $1.75 a box.

Overnight, the price increased by 75%

cool story bro. I guess the sale ended.

Better off making our own anyhow.

the price of flower went up during xiden inflation too

The price of everything is up. Where have you been.

I can get a 5 pound bag of flour for less than 4 bucks. That is 9 batches of pasta.

A dozen eggs for 3.50 since I only by free range organic brown eggs.

So for 40 cents of flour and 80 cents of eggs I get fresh pasta that blows away anything you can buy in a store.

Forum List

Back