US Customs and Border Protection - I hate them

AnnieInMexico

US citizen living in MX
Aug 31, 2011
Mexico
US Customs and Border Protection - I hate those people. I don't think most people realize who is earning their tax dollars. They are the largest law enforcement agency in the US. They get a whopping 11 weeks of training. ELEVEN weeks! That's it, count 'em! Then they are given a gun and a tremendous amount of power. Money isn't bad either, I forget the exact amount but I seem to recall that for that whole 11 weeks of training their starting salary is around $50K plus fantastic federal employee benefits. I know lots of people that would love to have that job and they'd do it for a whole lot less money and they would do it well. But, instead we have these toads doing the job.

I am a US citizen living in Mexico. I have been living here since last year but I have been crossing the border on a regular basis for five years. Every year it gets worse. I want to tell you things I have seen and experienced.

About a month ago my BMW was stolen. It was stolen in Mexico so I reported it to the city police in Mexico and that day crossed the border to report it in the US. The US wants these stolen car reports so if the car is taken across the border and pulled over, US law enforcement will know they are dealing with bad people. Besides, the car is registered in California. I was anxious to get it reported stolen because I had these visions of horror, people loading my car with drugs and crossing the border while the car is in my name. So my American friend, Ken, who also lives in Mexico went with me.

We started out at 1:30PM. We waited in the line until 2:45PM. Then we finally got to primary. That's basically where you are profiled, passports scanned, and you are asked why you were in Mexico, blah blah blah. If they have any doubt about your story, if you have drugs, or... if you are the 35th car you are sent to secondary. There you get out of your car, they search your car, scan your passports again, and ask you the same questions again. We were actually forgotten about. It was shift change and we were left waiting in 111(F) temps for two full hours. Finally someone noticed us and processed us and sent us on our way. But I want to tell you what I saw during those 2 hours.

The agent that searched our car has a staph infection on his lower legs. He has these pus soaked bandages with pus draining down his legs. HE is the guy that gets in your car to search it. When he was done there were yellow crusty things where he was when he was in the car. Gross.

When he was done searching the car he slammed the door shut and then yelled, "FUCK!" He thought he locked the keys in the car, he did not. He tried the door and realized it was not locked.

Later there was another agent about 5' away from us and yet another about 10' away from us. One of the agents yelled to the other agent, "Nothing but a bunch of fucking idiots showing up today!" The other agent yelled back, "I know, a bunch of fucking idiots!"

About 20' next to us was another car, two American elderly people. They were standing in front of their car as they were told to do. They were probably in their late 60s or early 70s. They were just standing there and an agent was walking by the older man and accidentally bumped into him. It was the agents fault but a simple mistake. Instead of saying excuse me, he stopped and began yelling at the older man saying, "What the fuck?" The citizen was not happy and they began a verbal exchange. The agent walked up to the old man and shoved him in the chest. It was insanity at its best! After the agent shoved the older man he did that stupid male macho thing, he took a step back, threw back his shoulders, and put his fists up. The joke was on the dumbass agent, turns out the older man is a retired border patrol agent. Within minutes a supervisor was there and dealing with the mess.

I could go on but I think you get the idea. These people are like children out of control. Ever been to a restaurant and kids are running around, screaming, undisciplined, and unruly? That's what these guys are but they have guns and a whole lot of power. These are the assholes protecting our borders. If they are doing such a great job I want to know why we have 30,000,000+ illegals in the US and more and more drugs entering the country daily? Eleven whole weeks of training, $50K a year and they are totally incapable of doing their jobs. I've been watching this stuff for 5 years now and I'm sick of it.

Senator Pryor from Arkansas is not a happy camper, his office researched these guys and found out that only 15% of them are polygraphed and of those 15%, 60% are disqualified due to criminal backgrounds, theft, etc. So if 60% are disqualified, why aren't they ALL polygraphed just like any other Law Enforcement Officer?

Two weeks ago they went too far. I'm going to the media with this. We have an appt Monday with a TV station in California and Tuesday a reporter from a newspaper is coming to Mexico to see first hand what I am talking about. The AZ Republic is also doing a story on border patrol. I'm out for blood this time.

My friend, Ken, owns a dental clinic in Mexico. A professor from the dental university here is his dentist. We were going to the US for various errands and I wanted to see if I could get lidocaine cheaper in the US for him. There are a millions types and strengths of lidocaine, it's the drug they use to numb you up before drilling on your teeth or suturing a wound. There is no way to abuse it, all it does is numb you up. It's totally legal to bring into the US. I stopped at the dental clinic, grabbed a sleeve of lidocaine since I'm not sure what strength dentists use and put it in my purse. We drove across the border and were sent to secondary. I think it was sticking out of my purse and primary saw it and didn't know what it was. I totally understand, no problem. I wasn't trying to hide it since it's not illegal to take to the US.

The agent at secondary didn't know what the drug was. He arrested me, handcuffed me, and then I was shackled to a chair for 3 hours while he Googled Lidocaine. I'm still okay with this because he really is just doing his job. I don't expect every agent to know every drug by heart, I get that. I knew as soon as he researched it he would see what it was, and it was legal.

What I DO have a problem with his what he said to me. Before researching it he told me I was nothing but a drug hag. I responded that I don't even know what that is. He said it is when my friend pays me $50 to cross the border with a car loaded with drugs. I explained there were no drugs in the car, search it, see for yourself. He responded, "Ohhhhh, we will! Every inch of it." I said that was fine. I knew there was nothing illegal in there. Then he went on to tell me that he couldn't understand what whore hags like me are thinking bringing all these drugs into the US. Whore hag?? I didn't even want to know what that meant. Then he asked me if I was a tweaker. I said no, I've never done illegal drugs. He responded, "Oh com'on ya little tweaker, tell me the truth!" Then he checked my arms for track marks, there are none.

It was hot that day, around 115(F). After three hours I asked for water, I was refused. I asked for a phone call, I was refused. I asked for a supervisor, I wanted to confront him about the whore hag, drug hag, and tweaker in front of his supervisor. I was refused.

After three hours of this he finally walked in the room, (it's like an office), put the lidocaine back in my purse, unshackled me, and admitted there is no way to abuse lidocaine, it was legal to bring into the US, and I was free to go. I just looked at him and sarcastically said... So I'm not a drug hag? He said no, I wasn't and I was free to go. I asked for a supervisor again and was denied. Totally against all their policies.

So I've been making an issue of this. I'm going to tell my story to every journalist who will listen. I've complained to everyone under the sun. The dumbass agent wasn't thinking clearly, they video tape EVERYTHING. It won't be my word against his, it's ALL video taped. Everything inside the building and outside as well. I have been getting calls from Washington DC, local people, everyone. Apparently the stink I'm making is working. But I'm not letting up.

THIS is why we have so many illegals and drugs in the US, these are the dumbasses securing our borders.

I dealt with them many times and never had an issue. Here is a link to the CBP FAQ on the background checks. Its wierd that some one would go to Mexico to steal a BMW.

FAQs

It also says the base pay is $38,000 +. Here is there website, if you post your storey there it may get more done for you.

I have made one complaint to the Texas BP, and while it took a long tome, it did get handled.

Would you please tell me how you complained (on line complaint thinger or phone) and how they resolved it?

TIA

Both. Be sure to give as much detail as you can, and call as frequently as possible. Im not saying you are wrong or anything, But you have to admit, It has to be a super shitty job.

• Banned
I dealt with them many times and never had an issue. Here is a link to the CBP FAQ on the background checks. Its wierd that some one would go to Mexico to steal a BMW.

FAQs

It also says the base pay is $38,000 +. Here is there website, if you post your storey there it may get more done for you.

I doubt anyone from the US came to steal a car. My ins co told me they get the cars back more times than not but it's been a month so I am not getting my hopes up.

I usually only use 1 of 2 ports of entry, they are about 8 miles apart. Both of them are horrible. When I first called to make a complaint I spoke with a chief who actually agreed with me about the overall attitude of the port. She said it's a busy port and hard to manage. Bleh...

I like that link, thank you.

• Banned
I have made one complaint to the Texas BP, and while it took a long tome, it did get handled.

Would you please tell me how you complained (on line complaint thinger or phone) and how they resolved it?

TIA

Both. Be sure to give as much detail as you can, and call as frequently as possible. Im not saying you are wrong or anything, But you have to admit, It has to be a super shitty job.

I agree, it probably is a crappy job but what jobs can you have where dropping the F bomb is daily and very matter of fact? Most people if they do that they would be fired. Nurses, grocery store clerks, hotel people... it's not acceptable. One slip up I get it, I've blurted out things without thinking but this is just how they are every single time I cross. I hate crossing the border, hate it with a passion.

There are people who go to the US legally for vacations, etc. This is the first impression they get from the US? It's not right.

TIA

I agree, it probably is a crappy job but what jobs can you have where dropping the F bomb is daily and very matter of fact? Most people if they do that they would be fired. Nurses, grocery store clerks, hotel people... it's not acceptable. One slip up I get it, I've blurted out things without thinking but this is just how they are every single time I cross. I hate crossing the border, hate it with a passion.

There are people who go to the US legally for vacations, etc. This is the first impression they get from the US? It's not right.

The cut on the leg would have done it for me. he would have cleaned that. That is gross.

My Dad owns a home in Mexico so I know what it's like to travel back and forth from SoCal.

My Sister had her car stolen from in front of my Dads place so we bribed the Security Guards there a carton of cigarettes to get it back. Filling out reports in futile in Mexico. After living there 5 years you should already know that Mexico is a failed Narco-Terrorist state. Stop expecting justice from authorities while you're there and you won't be disappointed.

As far as dealing with the BP you make the same mistakes most people do; You think you can argue or reason with them. If they ask you to do something you view as shady or improper don't confront them, just pull out a pen and paper, ask for their name and supervisors name. Nothing scares a Gov't employee more than that.

My Dad owns a home in Mexico so I know what it's like to travel back and forth from SoCal.

My Sister had her car stolen from in front of my Dads place so we bribed the Security Guards there a carton of cigarettes to get it back. Filling out reports in futile in Mexico. After living there 5 years you should already know that Mexico is a failed Narco-Terrorist state. Stop expecting justice from authorities while you're there and you won't be disappointed.

As far as dealing with the BP you make the same mistakes most people do; You think you can argue or reason with them. If they ask you to do something you view as shady or improper don't confront them, just pull out a pen and paper, ask for their name and supervisors name. Nothing scares a Gov't employee more than that.

Oh, I haven't lived here for five years, less than a year. But I've been crossing the border routinely for five years.

We actually did look for someone to bribe, I know how that works. But nobody saw or knew anything. Usually my car is locked and gated at night but that night I spent the night at a friends house. We had been to a lounge and I didn't want to drive after drinking. The next morning my car was gone.

Is Border Patrol the same as US Customs and Border Protection? I've been meaning to look that up today. I really didn't give him any crap, I understand he was doing his job but the behaviors were unacceptable. I didn't argue and I didn't try to reason. I just answered truthfully and waited for him to figure it out that I wasn't doing anything illegal. Nothing.

Apparently when you go to the media with a complaint about Customs they call the actual border and talk to their public relations person. I've been calling so many places I am told that they are getting quite a few calls about the above. So on Thursday some guy from Washington called me and after an hour I finally ended the call. What a total waste of time. It came down to... they'll investigate, they can't tell me the results of the investigation but I should trust my govt to handle the situation. It was one of those, "Trust me, I'm from the govt" calls. Bleh...

To be honest I don't expect justice in Mexico, but I do expect it in the US. That is where I am sure I'll be disappointed.

Writing out my rant actually made me feel better. So thanks for reading! :lol:

I am not feeling your pain here. I have MANY frustrations right here in the US. Many of them dealing with ALL these Mexican peons just popping up magically without ANY American intervention whatsoever. So, move back here next to ME. You will stop bitching about this, sweat pea. I am an American citizen LIVING in the US, and I hate THOSE people. You know whom I mean. It isn’t discretionary. And, it’s 24/7. You have NOTHING to bitch about. Oh, they threaten violence, I have bullets in my home. This thread is a joke.

I am not feeling your pain here. I have MANY frustrations right here in the US. Many of them dealing with ALL these Mexican peons just popping up magically without ANY American intervention whatsoever. So, move back here next to ME. You will stop bitching about this, sweat pea. I am an American citizen LIVING in the US, and I hate THOSE people. You know whom I mean. It isn’t discretionary. And, it’s 24/7. You have NOTHING to bitch about. Oh, they threaten violence, I have bullets in my home. This thread is a joke.

I have no idea what you are talking about. If you don't like the thread, don't read it. It's not a difficult concept.

ETA... seriously, I really have no idea what your hatred of Mexicans has to do with my issues with Customs.

Last edited:

I have no idea what you are talking about. If you don't like the thread, don't read it. It's not a difficult concept.

Wow. That was quick. I expected that response. You bitch to much...I think you mean, "if I don't like your thread, don't RESPOND". I think YOU missed MY point here. Should I spell it out? You are whining like a child. If you don't like your "situation", MOVE back to the US. I live with MEXICANS, here in the US, and the situation you dealt with is petty. Try living with illegal Mexicans! I am contrasting my experience to yours. You, dear, are being petty. And, oblivious. I can spell it out even more if you like. I am not trying to be mean or hateful.

Last edited:

Wow. That was quick. I expected that response. You bitch to much...I think you mean, "if I don't like your thread, don't RESPOND". I think YOU missed MY point here. Should I spell it out? You are whining like a child. If you don't like your "situation", MOVE back to the US. I live with MEXICANS, here in the US, and the situation you dealt with is petty. Try living with illegal Mexicans! I am contrasting my experience to yours. You, dear, are being petty. And, oblivious. I can spell it out even more if you like.

Your bigotry is not my problem. I lived in Phoenix for the last 25 years until last year. I know about illegals. 50% of all illegals cross through Arizona, the rest of illegals cross through all the other border states combined. I am well aware and very vocal about the problem.

Your whining makes you look childish. Your bigotry makes you look silly. But quite frankly it has nothing to do with this thread.

Wow. That was quick. I expected that response. You bitch to much...I think you mean, "if I don't like your thread, don't RESPOND". I think YOU missed MY point here. Should I spell it out? You are whining like a child. If you don't like your "situation", MOVE back to the US. I live with MEXICANS, here in the US, and the situation you dealt with is petty. Try living with illegal Mexicans! I am contrasting my experience to yours. You, dear, are being petty. And, oblivious. I can spell it out even more if you like.

Your bigotry is not my problem. I lived in Phoenix for the last 25 years until last year. I know about illegals. 50% of all illegals cross through Arizona, the rest of illegals cross through all the other border states combined. I am well aware and very vocal about the problem.

Your whining makes you look childish. Your bigotry makes you look silly. But quite frankly it has nothing to do with this thread.

You have NO clue what these Mexicans have done to me, or why I post, do YOU? I have no idea why you fled to Mexico, you have no idea what traumas illegal Mexicans have done to me, either. Don’t write this off to something as simplistic as bigotry, sis.

Last edited:
Dear AnnieInMexico: Do you file are the requisite papers, visas and whatnot when you went to Mexico? Do you respect ALL the locals and at least try to learn the culture, the laws and the language? Do you accept the local populace and realize YOU are the one that bares ALL responsibility to acclimation? Well guess what? My poor little brand of Mexican expatriates don't do any of that, and, that makes me RACIST for noticing? And, I get shot at, threatened, my quality of life is ruined as a extra bonus! That isn’t something I control. I have NO control over ANY of that. None of which, is directly MY fault. If I had your problems, I wouldn’t
post at ALL.

Last edited:
You have NO clue what these Mexicans have done to me, or why I post, do YOU? I have no idea why you fled to Mexico, you have no idea what traumas illegal Mexicans have done to me, either. Don’t write this off to something as simplistic as bigotry, sis.

What makes you feel I fled to Mexico? I moved here because I wanted to. I still have a home in AZ, I could go back anytime I wanted. I don't want to. Not for the time being anyway.

I have been reading some of your posts trying to figure out what your problem is. Now I understand. You are just a nasty person overall. You have nothing positive to offer about anything in life. You are rude, arrogant, and not overly bright.

You whine and complain about illegals, yeah... I get that and I agree. But you live in Denver? OMG! Get over yourself. If you want to know what it's like living with illegals then move to a border state. Then you'll learn what you think you already know. On Monday mornings you can't go to many convenience stores because there are 100 illegals standing in the parking lot waiting for day labor. Parks are full of illegals sleeping there at night and all the women are pregnant and waiting to deliver because that is when the real welfare starts. Daily at the county hospital there is a huge massive line of women waiting for their pregnancy tests and they are hoping and praying for a positive result so they can kick out that anchor baby. Many restaurants have illegals working there and they don't even speak any English, you can't order food unless you speak Spanish. The county hospital has had times where it took three full days to be seen because they were THAT busy dealing with illegals. Our property taxes were raised just to bail out the county hospital from their financial obligations for taking care of illegals.

The state of AZ was sued and to comply with the ruling they have to have water stations throughout the desert for illegals so when they are sneaking into the country they won't die of dehydration. So now that is a job for prisoners, they fill the water stations with gallons upon gallons of drinking water.

In Texas women are in full labor and they show up at the hospital soaking wet from swimming to the US. They are desperate for that baby to be their anchor baby.

I've spent a great deal of time in Denver, it does not compare in the least to a border state. GAWD! What a little nasty crybaby you are.

Dear AnnieInMexico: Do you file are the requisite papers, visas and whatnot when you went to Mexico? Do you respect ALL the locals and at least try to learn the culture, the laws and the language? Do you accept the local populace and realize YOU are the one that bares ALL responsibility to acclimation? Well guess what? My poor little brand of Mexican expatriates don't do any of that, and, that makes me RACIST for noticing? And, I get shot at, threatened, my quality of life is ruined as a extra bonus! That isn’t something I control. I have NO control over ANY of that. None of which, is directly MY fault. If I had your problems, I wouldn’t
post at ALL.

Welcome to America. Your point? You are not dealing with anything other Americans deal with daily.

Yes to all the above. I have news for you, illegals are the same in every state and yours is not one of the worst states for illegals. In AZ 1 in 4 public school children are either an illegal or an anchor baby. Do the math.

When the hell did I call you racist? What are you smoking anyway? You really aren't playing with a full deck, dude. Have you considered therapy?

You are just an ass, a bizarre, creepy, ass and nothing more. I am done with you.

I've never had a problem with US customs and border patrol. In fact, they've been easier to deal with than I would expect.

Of course, I'm Canadian, and I'm going back and forth between Canada.

But hey ...

I've heard many people say that the northern ports of entry are a lot better than the southern. I've been researching this a great deal in the last couple of weeks and I really didn't see much negative about the northern ports of entry.

I'm jealous. :lol:

Why live in Mexico???? Pick one or the other and shut up about the rules and laws of the USA! You don't want the hassle, then pick a country and stay there! Problem solved.

Forum List

Back