US Crashes Out Of The Top 10 In World Prosperity Index

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
US Crashes Out Of The Top 10 In World Prosperity Index
Business Insider ^ | 11/05/2012 | Joshua Berlinger

The United States is no longer one of the world's ten most "prosperous" countries for the first time according to the Legatum Institute.

The Legatum Prosperity Index assessed and ranked the prosperity of 142 countries based on eight sub-categories: economy, entrepreneurship and opportunity, health, governance, education, safety and security, personal freedom, and social capital.

America experienced an "unprecedented" fall to twelfth in the rankings, as it experienced "weakening performance across five of the Index’s eight sub-categories."

When referring to the U.S., the language of the report had a somewhat dire tone. It claims that "the American Dream is in jeopardy," and "the national ethos of the U.S. is under threat."

The London-based public policy institute pegged the U.S.' precipitous drop to a decline in consumer and voter confidence, along with a bleak economic and entrepreneurial outlook; four percent fewer citizens believe that "hard work gets you ahead," and business startup costs as a percentage of Gross National Income (GNI) have doubled in the past two years.

In fact, the U.S. economy sub-score dropped to twentieth and its personal freedom score dropped four points to fourteenth, just above Uruguay.

“Despite performing relatively well in a few sub-indices," said Jeffrey Gedmin, President and CEO of the Legatum Institute "it is clear that the U.S. is struggling to overcome the barriers to prosperity. Good education alone will not keep prosperity afloat and whoever succeeds in the elections this week needs to address the factors that are holding the nation back from being truly prosperous.”

It appears that Legatume hopes the timing of the report's release — which was made available to the public on October 30 — will have electoral implications in the upcoming presidential race.

US Crashes Out Of The Top 10 In World Prosperity Index - Business Insider

FOR THIS ALONE OBAMA SHOULD BE DEFEATED. His policies have failed us and this is just disgraceful.

We won't be a top 15 nation in prosperity if Obama is reelected. This president should be defeated in a landslide like Reagan.

You got to remember, Obama has a 47 percent head start.

Seriously dude, I KNOW there's an edit button. I've seen it, it's not even allusive like a Bigfoot; at the bottom of your post box is the edit button. Let's you fill in any thoughts you might have missed in the last post no one has responded too.

Seriously dude, I KNOW there's an edit button. I've seen it, it's not even allusive like a Bigfoot; at the bottom of your post box is the edit button. Let's you fill in any thoughts you might have missed in the last post no one has responded too.

wow, barge on here with a whole 38 post giving out orders.

Wow, what a giant load of crap this thread is.

"Prosperity Index"?

A drop caused by "precipitous drop to a decline in consumer and voter confidence"?

What a load of horseshit.

Not really ordering, It was an honest question. Is it a bump attempt or something, seems like a waste to me. Either way, not sure what Post count has to do with anything... or why you had to go so far as to tell me to go fuck myself...thought I was managing to stay rather civil to all walks of political ideals on here.

Hey, here's a plan:

Let's make up an arbitrary "index" that vaguely describes some goal that we feel should be a measure of something, and then use it to try and make a political point.

Hey, I have one! I call it the "Good Feeling about Sausage index".

In my index, we ask people how they feel about sausage, and then compare that to how they felt about sausage a year ago.

If they feel worse about sausage, then that means Obama is the worst president ever!

Wow, what a giant load of crap this thread is.

"Prosperity Index"?

A drop caused by "precipitous drop to a decline in consumer and voter confidence"?

What a load of horseshit.
Yep, obamaturd is a big load of horse shit, bull shit also.

The United States is no longer one of the world's ten most "prosperous" countries for the first time according to the Legatum Institute.

And to think there are ass monkeys who want 4 more years of this.

Forum List

Back