US Corn Crop in Danger. Killing frost may be next week......

Billy_Bob

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2014
Top Of The Great Divide
In the Were NERVOUS AS HELL DEPARTMENT;

Corn crops got a late and slow start due to late spring freezes and rain, now, with the crop nearing it's full growth, there are concerns again about killing frost before it can mature. Much of the upper western states, at altitude, have already had killing frosts and by mid next week that reality could be in the corn belt.. 28-30 Deg F is Killing Cold for corn.

I for one would like to see it not happen but we are already looking like a major cool down by mid next week for most of the US with high temps, at 4500 feet, 30 deg F at night and just 60's in the day time for much of the western states and then the midwest..

Corn Belt Update Mid-August 2019

Last edited:

Corn crops got a late and slow start due to late spring freezes and rain, now, with the crop nearing it's full growth, there are concerns again about killing frost before it can mature. Much of the upper western states, at altitude, have already had killing frosts and by mid next week that reality could be in the corn belt.. 28-30 Deg F is Killing Cold for corn.

I for one would like to see it not happen but we are already looking like a major cool down by mid next week for most of the US with high temps, at 4500 feet, 30 deg F at night and just 60's in the day time for much of the western states and then the midwest..

But July was supposed to be the hottest month ever in the history of the earth. In liberal la la land there just cant be corn killing frost.

But July was supposed to be the hottest month ever in the history of the earth. In liberal la la land there just cant be corn killing frost.
A lot of things in fantasy land are not true...The 'Hottest Ever' is a wholly made up pile of BS.. Even in the satellite records it only made #4 and that record is just 39 years long...

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but weather can change day-to-day. To say nothing of one month to the next. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but weather can change day-to-day. To say nothing of one month to the next. :rolleyes:
Really is that how it works? So you are telling me that some idiot can predict events 11 1/3 years from now being the end of the world if we dont do something now to stop it?

Really is that how it works? So you are telling me that some idiot can predict events 11 1/3 years from now being the end of the world if we dont do something now to stop it?

Well, the reality has exceeded more conservative preditions:

"The Arctic is one of the places we already detected was warming the most. The AIRS data suggests that it's warming even faster than we thought," said Schmidt, who was also a co-author on the Susskind paper.
Here's How Scarily Accurate NASA's Long-Term Climate Predictions Have Been So Far

"The Arctic is one of the places we already detected was warming the most. The AIRS data suggests that it's warming even faster than we thought," said Schmidt, who was also a co-author on the Susskind paper.
Here's How Scarily Accurate NASA's Long-Term Climate Predictions Have Been So Far
Bwhaaaaaaaaaaa

Accurate? Really?

Gavin states; "According to Schmidt, the uncertainty value in the data is so small as to be almost insignificant: less than one tenth of one degree Celsius in recent years."

In a data set that should have accuracy to +/-0.027 deg C, +/-1 deg C is 10 times a standard deviation acceptable for the data set.

Their models fail so badly, they expand their MOE (Margin Of Error) so that any outcome is A-OK... And you people suck it up as fact....

Last edited:
Let me again show you idiots how badly NASA'S modeling FAILS;

certaintychannel_ipcc_reality.png

GAVIN INCREASES HIS CERTAINTY, OF BEING RIGHT, AS THE MODELS INCREASE THEIR EVIDENCE OF EPIC FAILURE. This is a sign of lunacy. The GREEN CIRCLES on this graph represent EMPIRICALLY MEASURED AND OBSERVED TEMPERATURES.

Bwhaaaaaaaaaaa

Accurate? Really?

Gavin states; "According to Schmidt, the uncertainty value in the data is so small as to be almost insignificant: less than one tenth of one degree Celsius in recent years."

In a data set that should have accuracy to +/-0.027 deg C, +/-1 deg C is 10 times a standard deviation acceptable for the data set.

Their models fail so badly, they expand their MOE (Margin Of Error) so that any outcome is A-OK... And you people suck it up as fact....

+-1/10 of 1% is not +-1%.

Bwhaaaaaaaaaaa

Accurate? Really?

+-1/10 of 1% is not +-1%.
LOL... You didn't read what the article states.. WHICH WAS MY POINT... IT should be no more than +/- 0.1 Deg C... The data set itself should not be more than +/-0.027 Deg C.

The modeling I posted shows they assume a +/-1.0 Deg C MOE...

Epic Failure...

Forum List

Back