US charges 4 Chinese military hackers in Equifax breach

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
But will anyone be arrested? I think not..LOL! You have to wonder..how is this not an act of war..given that the hackers are serving members of China's army and were presumably acting under orders?

US charges 4 Chinese military hackers in Equifax breach

"Four Chinese military hackers have been charged with breaking into the computer networks of the Equifax credit reporting agency and stealing the personal information of tens of millions of Americans, the Justice Department announced Monday.
The four are also accused of stealing the company's trade secrets, law enforcement officials said. The defendants are all members of the People's Liberation Army, an arm of the Chinese military.
The case comes as the Trump administration has warned against what it sees as the growing political and economic influence of China, and efforts by Beijing to collect data on Americans and steal scientific research and innovation.
“This was a deliberate and sweeping intrusion into the private information of the American people,” Attorney General William Barr said in a statement.
“Today, we hold PLA hackers accountable for their criminal actions, and we remind the Chinese government that we have the capability to remove the Internet’s cloak of anonymity and find the hackers that nation repeatedly deploys against us," he added.
The case is one of several the Justice Department has brought over the years against members of the PLA. The Obama administration in 2014 charged five Chinese military hackers with breaking into the networks of major American corporations to siphon trade secrets."

I doubt it's really true that they know. The U.S. government has an interest in getting up a popular hate on China, in case we need a war. Obviously no one will be arrested --- or confirmed.

I've started reading the prepper novels that focus on financial cyberattacks as the method used to take down U.S. civilization, rather than the EMP strikes, zombies, or plague. Highly plausible, banks and credit cards stopping all at once.

Though I admit, sabotage by plague is looking better and better with this coronavirus. If China doesn't sneak in infected people to jumpstart a takedown of us like the takedown they are suffering, they aren't the expert infiltrators I have noticed they are.

I doubt it's really true that they know. The U.S. government has an interest in getting up a popular hate on China, in case we need a war. Obviously no one will be arrested --- or confirmed.

I've started reading the prepper novels that focus on financial cyberattacks as the method used to take down U.S. civilization, rather than the EMP strikes, zombies, or plague. Highly plausible, banks and credit cards stopping all at once.

Though I admit, sabotage by plague is looking better and better with this coronavirus. If China doesn't sneak in infected people to jumpstart a takedown of us like the takedown they are suffering, they aren't the expert infiltrators I have noticed they are.
Your expectation is that China will engage in biological warfare with the US? Thats an awfully big step from hacking.

China plays the long game---they just keep collecting data..until they have so much information...they are pervasive..controlling...yet unobserved..that's the goal.

Forum List

Back