US Army Pulls Ads Behind Over Assault Allegations - Go Woke, Go Broke

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"The arrest of actor Jonathan Majors has upended the Army’s newly launched advertising campaign that was aimed at reviving the service’s struggling recruiting numbers. Majors, who authorities said was arrested Saturday in New York on charges of strangulation, assault and harassment, was the narrator of two ads at the heart of a broader media campaign that kicked off at the start of the NCAA’s March Madness college basketball tournament. Army leaders were hopeful that the popularity of the star of the recently released “Creed III” and “Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania,” would help them reach the youth audience.

New York City police said the actor was involved in a domestic dispute with a 30-year-old woman. “The victim informed police she was assaulted,” a police spokesperson said in a statement. A lawyer for Majors, Priya Chaudhry, said in a statement Sunday there was evidence clearing Majors and that the actor “is provably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows.”

There were plenty of other celebrities the Army could have used (Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, Kyle Rittenhouse) that are far more popular with the youth if they were truly trying to boost recruitment; but instead, they chose to go woke and select a darkie thug and it has blew up in their face dramatically. Maybe now they will consider someone like a Joe Rogan or even Dana White to put in their ad. Dana White would be an excellent choice because of how popular UFC fighting is with the youth -- and with Dana basically being the face of UFC; he would be a great choice; at least he respects women enough to marry them before he slaps the shit out of her....like a gentleman.

Not sure any spokesman could be an effective recruiter for the military. It's never been harder to fool poor people into thinking it's a good move to give up your freedom for a fairly tiny paycheck. Not enough desperation in this economy. The military needs another deep and lasting recession.

Not sure any spokesman could be an effective recruiter for the military. It's never been harder to fool poor people into thinking it's a good move to give up your freedom for a fairly tiny paycheck. Not enough desperation in this economy. The military needs another deep and lasting recession.
Or a raise in benefits and a less aggressive stance on foreign interventions....

Many kids could use the benefits the military offers -- but they ain't willing to be sent to some middle-eastern hell hole to die over multinational companies pursuit of resources...

Or a raise in benefits and a less aggressive stance on foreign interventions....

Many kids could use the benefits the military offers -- but they ain't willing to be sent to some middle-eastern hell hole to die over multinational companies pursuit of resources...
I bought into the recruiting hype back in the eighties. If they had told me that ninety percent of my duties were useless busywork and kissing up I would have never joined. I have to feel like what I do means something.

I bought into the recruiting hype back in the eighties. If they had told me that ninety percent of my duties were useless busywork and kissing up I would have never joined. I have to feel like what I do means something.
It means something if you are getting a GI Bill, VA Home loan, and other benefits afforded to you...

And I personally know people who would have ended up in a much worse situation if it wasn't for the military....

This desire to want to join the military because you want your opportunity to be a war hero one day is a flawed one......

It means something if you are getting a GI Bill, VA Home loan, and other benefits afforded to you...

And I personally know people who would have ended up in a much worse situation if it wasn't for the military....

This desire to want to join the military because you want your opportunity to be a war hero one day is a flawed one......
There is a lengthy period of time before military service seems to pay off. In the short term it's a miserable experience for lousy pay and zero respect.

Kyle the drunk, is nothing close to what you need a kid with no self-discipline who shoots first and asks questions later.
You're right he should have asked the other guy why he what is chasing him and why he was grabbing his gun before he shot him. In fact all gun owners should be required to ask why they're being attacked and get a straight answer before they shoot.

Ted Nugent the "I shit my pants to avoid the draft" performer is a great idea to join the military.

Yeah because the Vietnam War was such a noble War...worth getting 50,000 of our guys killed in.

Ted Nugent is one of the few rock stars out there who completely denounces drugs as being part of rock and roll and does not condone drug or alcohol use at all. There's a lot to be said for that. He's also getting to be an old dude now and I wouldn't hold something like that which he did 50 years ago against him.... Although it might be convenient for some people with an agenda to do.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back