Ups driver dies of heat stroke

That’s irrelevant. The point is they are well compensated for a job requiring no skills or education.
It’s hard physical work that should be well compensated.

Meanwhile, the CEO makes $27,000,000 a year.

Triple minimum wage. Big fucking deal!
Pretty damn good for a job that takes no skills and no education. Three times the minimum.

And inflation in bad enough. You want to raise wages even higher on unskilled people and drive prices higher for everyone?

Democrats are clueless.

Should have stayed hydrated.

Truth be told I'm surprised that does not happen more often in the Vanity of Man desert states.

Heat exhaustion and heat stroke are completely preventable. If the driver did not know how, the company should have provided training.

Pretty damn good for a job that takes no skills and no education. Three times the minimum.

And inflation in bad enough. You want to raise wages even higher on unskilled people and drive prices higher for everyone?

Democrats are clueless.
Yeah, maybe we should just bring back slavery like back in the good old days when America was great.

Yeah, maybe we should just bring back slavery like back in the good old days when America was great.
Such a liberal tactic - go to the extreme, ridiculous comment.

Just how much do you expect people who never got any career training and have no marketable skills to be paid? A couple, or two friends doubling up, would have a household income of $100,000! You don’t think that’s adequate for people who never gave any thought or preparation as to how they would earn a living, and thus have no valuable job skills?

You sound like such an elitist.

That is great money for unskilled labor. Heck, that is good money for many skilled positions. Are you one of those who thinks everyone should make 100k out of college just to drink coffee?

What I am is one that understands that 50k before taxes is not very much money.

That is great money for unskilled labor. Heck, that is good money for many skilled positions. Are you one of those who thinks everyone should make 100k out of college just to drink coffee?
I worked for ATT. Until the big three put AC into their utility truck packages, the company refused to pay for it. Even then many supervisors refused to accept new trucks with AC because they claimed techs would sit in the cool trucks instead of working. But ATT did a lot of wierd things. When the big three added radios to their utility truck packages, ATT would pay a contractor to remove them. Naturally the first thing the techs did was to mount boom boxes to the dashes of their trucks.

I worked for ATT. Until the big three put AC into their utility truck packages, the company refused to pay for it. Even then many supervisors refused to accept new trucks with AC because they claimed techs would sit in the cool trucks instead of working. But ATT did a lot of wierd things. When the big three added radios to their utility truck packages, ATT would pay a contractor to remove them. Naturally the first thing the techs did was to mount boom boxes to the dashes of their trucks.

AT&T is notorious for not giving a shit about their line workers. No safety training. And the number of techs I have seen working without fall protection still boggles my mind.

Slaves were never asked if they wanted to work for free or not. Everybody that applies for the job and is accepted has the opportunity to refuse the offer if they don't feel the offer is enough. If nobody is making any better offers, then the problem is not with the employer, the problem is with the applicant.

Forum List

Back