Update: Where They Stand

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
With just days until the floor vote many House members have not yet committed their votes.

‘No Choice’ or ‘a Sham’: Where Every House Member Stands on Impeachment

Updated Dec. 13, 2019, 6:15 PM ET

Democrats - 165 yes, 1 no, 19 undecided or unclear, 48 non-respondents
Independents - 1 yes
Republicans - 0 yes, 158 no, 39 non-respondents

Totals - 166 yes, 159 no, 19 undecided or unclear, 87 non-respondents

Needed to impeach - 218

Last edited:
This is going down in flames.... I bet it never makes it out of the house..
I make the odds 50-50. I'm not certain she's telling the truth - she so rarely has this year - but Pelosi says there will be no whip applied to the hides of her Dem colleagues to vote for impeachment ... that they all should vote their consciences. :lol:

“On an issue like this, we don’t count the votes. People will just make their voices known on it,” Pelosi said at The Wall Street Journal CEO Council. “I haven’t counted votes, nor will I.”

Yeah ... OK, Nancy ... whatever you say.

Democrats poised to unveil 2 impeachment articles vs. Trump

With just days until the floor vote many House members have not yet committed their votes.

Independents - 1 yes

Needed to impeach - 218

Wow. Really? The Democrats 165 yes and 48 non-respondents do NOT add up to 218

Independents - 1 yes

Needed to impeach - 218

Plus 19 undecided or unclear.

Any or all of the 48 Dem non-respondents could also vote no.

Thats true, but I have to wonder about the 19 who had the chance to say they are for it yet did not.

Man, that would be such a blow to the Dems if they could not even pass their own articles. That really WOULD be a devastating blow to them

Thats true, but I have to wonder about the 19 who had the chance to say they are for it yet did not.

Man, that would be such a blow to the Dems if they could not even pass their own articles. That really WOULD be a devastating blow to them

She won't bring it up for a vote until she's locked in enough votes to pass it.

Pelosi says there will be no whip applied to the hides of her Dem colleagues to vote for impeachment
That's the biggest whopper lie she's told this year.
I dunno. Despite her claims that impeachment was necessary and she's so very "prayerful," I suspect there's a part of her that wants this not to get to a Senate trial. She may be hoping or even begging 20 of her dimtard shock-troops to vote something other than "yes."
Some must throw themselves under the bus. :lol:

Pelosi says there will be no whip applied to the hides of her Dem colleagues to vote for impeachment
That's the biggest whopper lie she's told this year.
I dunno. Despite her claims that impeachment was necessary and she's so very "prayerful," I suspect there's a part of her that wants this not to get to a Senate trial. She may be hoping or even begging 20 of her dimtard shock-troops to vote something other than "yes."

Yeah but AOC would accuse her of being a racist again.

Thats true, but I have to wonder about the 19 who had the chance to say they are for it yet did not. Man, that would be such a blow to the Dems if they could not even pass their own articles. That really WOULD be a devastating blow to them
The Dems are phooked either way.
She can't delay. She's on a timetable, has to pass a new spending bill, and the Xmas recess is upon us.
I dunno. Despite her claims that impeachment was necessary and she's so very "prayerful," I suspect there's a part of Pelosi that wants this not to get to a Senate trial. She may be hoping or even begging 20 of her dimtard shock-troops to vote something other than "yes."
Yeah but AOC would accuse her of being a racist again.
There's no winning for the Dems ... only more losing. :beer:

Independents - 1 yes

Needed to impeach - 218

There are actually 55 plus seats up for grabs that are in districts Trump won by 8 points or better. Dems are scared shitless!!

Independents - 1 yes

Needed to impeach - 218
There are actually 55 plus seats up for grabs that are in districts Trump won by 8 points or better. Dems are scared shitless!!
Not according to Pelosi who claims the necessity to impeach Trump transcends partisan politics (because they can't beat him). Of course she also said just months ago that it must be "compelling and overwhelmingly bipartisan."

Evidently she isn't familiar with the truth.

I'm going to laugh when Wednesday comes and goes... then Christmas break.....

FB_IMG_1576417680128.jpg

A second Dem has announced he will vote no and says others will also:

Peterson says he'll likely vote against impeachment

Peterson, a conservative Democrat who has not yet announced whether he'll seek a 16th term representing western Minnesota's 7th District, said he expects four or five other Democrats will do the same.

With the taboo broken, even more may decide to break ranks and I suspect Pelosi won't mind a bit.

In fact, she may well be encouraging more defections in the hope that the House charade will not result in a Senate trial. They ran up their impeachment flag and no one saluted.

A second Dem has announced he will vote no and says others will also:

Peterson says he'll likely vote against impeachment

Peterson, a conservative Democrat who has not yet announced whether he'll seek a 16th term representing western Minnesota's 7th District, said he expects four or five other Democrats will do the same.

With the taboo broken, even more may decide to break ranks and I suspect Pelosi won't mind a bit.

In fact, she may well be encouraging more defections in the hope that the House charade will not result in a Senate trial. They ran up their impeachment flag and no one saluted.

Knowing what they know today if Dem's could go back in time they would avoid impeachment like the plague.

Forum List

Back